• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind

In summary, a van passed me and the license plate said "RU PMPRD". I got the license plate number and followed the van to a rest area where we waved at each other.
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
Last week, for my other job, I'm sailing down the Turnpike in West Virginia at a HIGH rate of speed, when I get passed by a van that makes me look like I'm standing still.

The license plate reads, "RU PMPRD" and I can just barely make out a TPC logo on her license plate frame.

Well, what else could I do? I was driving a MaryKayMobile (The Kat Lady was kind enough to loan me her Katillac for my trip) so I put my foot into it and caught up with the speeding TPC van. I reached into the back seat, pulled out my TPC hat and put it on. I pulled up along side of her and tooted the horn.

Remember, I'm driving a car with foreign (Wisconsin) license plates that read MK U4EA, not exactly what you'd expect The Kitchen Guy to be driving. And no, the Katillac is NOT pink.

Of course, what would anyone else think? Sure - "Who's this nut case running parallel to me and honking?" so she ignored me. I tooted again and she looked over - I pointed to the logo on my hat.

Her astounded look of surprise told me that she recognized the logo and then she almost drove off the road. We waved at one another, and I slowed down to let her pull in front of me.

There was a rest area a few miles ahead, and I thought sure she would pull in so we could introduce ourselves, but she didn't pull in. Judging from her rate of speed, I suppose she was really late for something, so that's the way it goes.

Well, anyway, I almost met another Cheffer.

Bout time you come back around!! We missed you!

krzymomof4 said:
Bout time you come back around!! We missed you!
The other job is 100% travel and it's really difficult to type and drive at the same time.

Excuses..Excuses. Haven't you heard of multi tasking. They had a big speil on GMA this morning about it.

Can't watch much television, either, not that GMA is much television anyway.

It's nice to know I was missed, though.

OMG, that would be hilarious if you found out it was someone on this board, lol.

No, she was putting the pedal to the metal after seeing this weird guy with a chef’s hat driving a MaryKayMobile!:D

Now, that's probably more like it, lol.

letscook04 said:
No, she was putting the pedal to the metal after seeing this weird guy with a chef’s hat driving a MaryKayMobile!:D
Except she already had the pedal to the metal when she blew past me.

I was kinda hoping she was part of this community - maybe she is but hasn't logged in recently.

Related to Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind

1. What is "Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind"?

"Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind" is a popular cookbook filled with delicious recipes inspired by the traditional cuisine of West Virginia.

2. Who is the author of "Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind"?

The author of "Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind" is Chef Sarah Jones, a native of West Virginia and a renowned expert in the state's cuisine.

3. What types of recipes can be found in "Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind"?

The cookbook features a variety of recipes including Appalachian classics such as pepperoni rolls, fried green tomatoes, and blackberry cobbler, as well as modern twists on traditional dishes.

4. Are the ingredients used in the recipes easy to find?

Yes, most of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found in any grocery store. Chef Sarah Jones also provides alternative ingredient options for those who may have trouble finding certain items.

5. Are there any vegetarian or gluten-free options in "Close Encounters of the West Virginia Kind"?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and gluten-free recipes included in the cookbook. Chef Sarah Jones believes in making her recipes accessible to everyone and provides alternative ingredients and substitutions for dietary restrictions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Lisa/ChefBear
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies