• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Mini Loaf & Fluted Pans: A Trick?

The customer's meatloaf sticks in the pan because she does not season the pan adequately. She should either season the pan or use low-fat meat.
mombird4
Does anyone have a trick to clean the mini loaf pan or the mini fluted pan?:confused:

I use the kitchen brush.

Mombird, just an FYI. You need to take the link to your PWS out of your signature. Linking to your PWS anywhere on the internet is against PC policy. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble for that.

chefann said:
Mombird, just an FYI. You need to take the link to your PWS out of your signature. Linking to your PWS anywhere on the internet is against PC policy. Wouldn't want you to get in trouble for that.

What you can do is put .../nameofyourwebsite. everyone on here knows what that means and then you can still share :) hth!

I took of my signature. I'm not very Computer Lit. I'll figure it out sometime:eek:) Thanks. Any tricks for me?

baking soda paste (BS & Water)and the Kitchen brush. If you do not have the kitchen brush a nylon scrubbie will work. Do not use the scotch or 3m green ones. they will shred and turn the stone green (at least it did mine).

I've been working on one for a customer - baking soad and the nylon scraper have been working.

Any suggestions on how to make it easier to start with? This on from a customers looks and feels like it was sprayed with cooking spray. The customer says meatloaf sticks in this pan ...

Thank You!!!!

MomToEli said:
Any suggestions on how to make it easier to start with? This on from a customers looks and feels like it was sprayed with cooking spray. The customer says meatloaf sticks in this pan ...
Cooking spray will build up on this pan. Not so much in the wells, because it comes out with the food, but on the top, it can be horrific. I need to deep-clean the top of mine, but I've heard that making a baking soda paste and letting it sit until it dries will work wonders on built up cooking spray. Can anyone verify this?

If her meatloaf sticks then she needs to either season the pan a little, or she's using REALLY low fat meat for her loaves. :) Meatloaf is what I usually suggest to season this one.

chefann said:
If her meatloaf sticks then she needs to either season the pan a little, or she's using REALLY low fat meat for her loaves. :) Meatloaf is what I usually suggest to season this one.

Well, that's what I thought ...

To season I am thinking of using Crisco solid and salt. Does that sound right? Bake it on or just leave it sit? I want to season it before I give it back to her.

Thanks, Paulette! I'll give do it tonight!

chefann said:
Cooking spray will build up on this pan. Not so much in the wells, because it comes out with the food, but on the top, it can be horrific. I need to deep-clean the top of mine, but I've heard that making a baking soda paste and letting it sit until it dries will work wonders on built up cooking spray. Can anyone verify this?

I wipe the top of my stone before I put it in the oven and that helps with the build up on top.

I have used Bar Keepers Friend on the really stubborn build up

I only use bakers joy on all my stones and easy cleanup is the dishwasher EVERY time!! :)
And by the way, I KNOW it's a NO-NO but it works, I haven't ever tasted a bad after taste and I DON'T share that at my shows!!

missydivine said:
I wipe the top of my stone before I put it in the oven and that helps with the build up on top.

It was really strange - their build up was on the INSIDE of the wells - one was *really* bad. I wondered if they had only cooked three of something (she says they ONLY cook meatloaf in it, but one has to wonder) and had sprayed all four.

I seasoned it last night with Scott's recipe. That baby is smmooooth now :cool: If their meatloaf sticks after this, I don't want to eat at their house on meatloaf night .... :eek:

I tried the Kitchen Brush, Baking Soda and it helped. This is my sister-in-laws and she said she did spray it. One well looked half way deceint and she had put water in that one to ensure even baking. So I left the baking soda in added water a cooked for about 45 min. It's looking better. I will try the Crisco and salt when I'm done. I told her no more spray. Thanks all!
Deanna

1. How do I clean my mini loaf and fluted pans without damaging them?

To clean your mini loaf and fluted pans, start by using a gentle dish soap and warm water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges, as these can scratch the surface of your pans. You can also try soaking the pans in warm water for a few minutes before washing to loosen any stuck-on food.

2. Can I put my mini loaf and fluted pans in the dishwasher?

While our mini loaf and fluted pans are dishwasher safe, we recommend hand washing them to prolong their lifespan. The high heat and harsh chemicals in dishwashers can cause the pan to warp or lose its non-stick coating over time.

3. How do I remove burnt or stuck-on food from my mini loaf and fluted pans?

If you have stubborn burnt or stuck-on food on your pans, fill them with warm water and a few drops of dish soap and let them soak for an hour. Then, use a non-abrasive sponge or brush to gently scrub off the food. For tougher stains, you can sprinkle baking soda on the pan and scrub with a damp sponge.

4. Is it safe to use metal utensils on my mini loaf and fluted pans?

We recommend using only non-metal utensils, such as silicone or wooden ones, on our mini loaf and fluted pans. Metal utensils can scratch or damage the non-stick coating, reducing the lifespan of your pans.

5. How should I store my mini loaf and fluted pans?

To keep your pans in good condition, we recommend storing them in a cool, dry place and avoiding stacking them on top of each other. You can also use paper or cloth liners between the pans to prevent scratching. Ensure the pans are completely dry before storing to prevent rust or corrosion.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HARRIS
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefgirlrd
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • byrd1956