• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Cookies for Cookie Exchange!

Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined.- Divide the dough in half and wrap each half in plastic wrap. Freeze for 1-2 hours.- Once frozen, transfer the dough to a freezer-safe container or bag and store in the freezer until ready to bake.- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350°F and roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.- Cut into desired shapes and bake for
mom4angela
I would like to make cookies NOW with my daughter for a cookie exchange on the 13th of December. She has vacation until after Thanksgiving weekend, and I'd LOVE to do this with her when there is time to do it! Does anyone have recipes or ideas on how I can make them then freeze? If so how, what, and what kind of container? :chef:

Yes, cookies can easily be frozen and kept fresh until your cookie exchange. The best way to keep them fresh is to wrap them tightly in either a plastic wrap or aluminium foil and then store them in an airtight container or in a freezer bag. It's best to use something like a Tupperware container or a Ziploc freezer bag so that no air can escape.When it comes to recipes, the possibilities are endless! Here are some of my favorites to try:- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - Chocolate Chip Cookies - Peanut Butter Cookies - Sugar Cookies - Shortbread Cookies - Gingerbread Cookies Good luck and have fun baking with your daughter! :smile:

Yes, you can definitely make cookies now and freeze them for later! Here are some recipes and ideas for freezing them:1. Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies:- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1 cup of softened butter, 1 cup of white sugar, and 1 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.- Beat in 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.- In a separate bowl, mix together 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt.- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined.- Fold in 2 cups of chocolate chips.- Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and freeze for 1-2 hours.- Once frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer-safe container or bag and store in the freezer until ready to bake.- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F and bake for 10-12 minutes.2. Peanut Butter Blossoms:- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup of softened butter, 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter, 1/2 cup of white sugar, and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.- Beat in 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.- In a separate bowl, mix together 1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until well combined.- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.- Freeze the dough for 1-2 hours.- Once frozen, transfer the dough balls to a freezer-safe container or bag and store in the freezer until ready to bake.- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 375°F and bake for 8-10 minutes.- As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a Hershey's Kiss into the center of each cookie.3. Gingerbread Cookies:- In a large mixing bowl, cream together 1/2 cup of softened butter and 1/2 cup of brown sugar until light and fluffy.- Beat in 1/4 cup of molasses and 1 egg.- In a separate bowl

What types of cookies are best for a cookie exchange?

Some popular options for cookie exchange parties include classic sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, snickerdoodles, chocolate chip cookies, and thumbprint cookies. However, any type of cookie can work as long as it can be easily transported and shared among guests.

How many cookies should I bring to a cookie exchange?

It's typically recommended to bring 2-3 dozen cookies per person attending the exchange. This will ensure that there are enough cookies for everyone to sample and take home.

Do I need to pre-package my cookies for the exchange?

It's a good idea to package your cookies in individual bags or containers for easy distribution. However, if you're short on time, you can also bring your cookies in a large container and let guests package their own assortment.

Can I include allergen-free options for guests with dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! It's always considerate to provide options for guests with allergies or dietary restrictions. You can make allergen-free cookies using substitutes for ingredients like gluten, dairy, or nuts.

Should I include the recipe for my cookies at the exchange?

Including the recipe for your cookies is a nice gesture, especially if guests ask for it. However, it's not necessary if you want to keep your recipe a secret. You can also provide a list of ingredients for guests to reference in case of any allergies or dietary concerns.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • LisaJG
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • Intrepid_Chef