• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crepe Cups

In summary, the Chocolate Silk Mousse was amazing, but the crepe cups were frustrating to make. The recipe recommends using custard cups, but it's possible to use prep bowls instead. The balls can be made with tin foil or with phyllo dough.
HJPChef
I made the Chocolate Silk Mousse last night for a dinner party I had at my house and it was awesome! The one thing that frustrated me was making the crepe cups. Whenever I went to fold the crepes to cut them, they broke in half. So, I ended up just cutting them in circles and then placing them on the tin foil. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just doing something wrong? Also, I was thinking I was wasting a lot of tin foil to make the balls. I have custard cups and I was thinking that maybe I could invert those and place the crepes on them. Has anyone tried this before (and put the cups on the stoneware)? I didn't know if it was okay or not since it calls for the tin foil balls. However, when I looked on the back of the package, they reccommend using the custard cups.

Just curious!

HS

HJPChef said:
I made the Chocolate Silk Mousse last night for a dinner party I had at my house and it was awesome! The one thing that frustrated me was making the crepe cups. Whenever I went to fold the crepes to cut them, they broke in half. So, I ended up just cutting them in circles and then placing them on the tin foil. Has this happened to anyone else or am I just doing something wrong? Also, I was thinking I was wasting a lot of tin foil to make the balls. I have custard cups and I was thinking that maybe I could invert those and place the crepes on them. Has anyone tried this before (and put the cups on the stoneware)? I didn't know if it was okay or not since it calls for the tin foil balls. However, when I looked on the back of the package, they reccommend using the custard cups.

Just curious!

HS

Home Office dows not recommend putting custard cups (or prep bowls) or any other cookware on stones. That's why they suggested the tin foil balls. I would think you could use the prep bowls and just put them on the oven shelf without a stone.

I prefer the idea of making them smaller and putting them either in the muffin pan or mini fulted pan cups or inverting one of those two stones and placing them over the bottoms.

I too got very frustrated with the crepe cups. When I tried making them, all but two of the crepes broke in half. I have not attempted them again. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

I never use the crepes for this recipe. I use refrigerated pie crusts rolled out very thin, cut out with the bread tube, and put them in the mini-muffin tin. I can make at least 2 pans of little crusts (you can re-roll the scraps) and my hosts love them! I got the idea off this website and will not do it any other way. :)

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

I have used mini phyllo shellsthey come in a 15 pk. and I have served them twice. Everyone loved them! I even spritzed them and sprinkled them with sugar and cinnamon before heating in the oven.

I find the mousse to be really rich, so I always do bite-sized cups using phyllo dough and the mini-muffin pan. They turn out awesome!

I am fairly new (even though I have been with PC since October - with all the hurricanes in South Florida and so much damage,in my area, I didn't get a single show until December-) and haven't qualified for the free products yet. I only have what comes in the kit, plus the Springform Pan. How would you use the phyllo pastry with what comes in the kit? Are they premade? Do you just set them on the large round stone or do you need the muffin pan/stone?

Last edited:
mini phyllo cupsI've also used the mini phyllo cups. They are a great size, especially for anyone who wants dessert but is watching their weight. ( I had left-over cups from a show and put the filling for the pot stickers in them. They were great.)
Kristi

What is the recipe for Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crepe Cups?

The recipe for Chocolate Silk Mousse in Crepe Cups can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the Pampered Chef recipe book. It includes ingredients such as heavy cream, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla extract.

How do I make crepe cups for the mousse?

To make crepe cups for the mousse, you will need a crepe maker or a non-stick skillet. Simply pour a small amount of crepe batter onto the heated surface and tilt to spread the batter into a thin, even layer. Cook until lightly browned, then use a round cutter to cut out circles for the cups.

Can I use a different type of mousse for this recipe?

While the recipe specifically calls for chocolate silk mousse, you can certainly use any type of mousse you prefer. Some popular alternatives include vanilla, strawberry, or even a citrus mousse.

Do I have to use crepe cups or can I use another type of vessel?

The recipe calls for crepe cups, but you can certainly use another type of vessel to serve the mousse. Some options include mini tart shells, phyllo cups, or even small chocolate bowls.

Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the mousse and crepe cups ahead of time and assemble them just before serving. Store the crepe cups in an airtight container and the mousse in the refrigerator. Assemble and serve within 24 hours for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • momoffour
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies