• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle

recipe said, except I used chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips. everyone seemed to really like it ~ there were leftovers...but then there were only 8 people there.Thanks, Becky! I just made tonight and was really disappointed I bought everything exact amounts of what it called for and I not only came up short but only filled maybe 2/3 of the bowl :( I wasn't impressed. So I have to make this for a show on Saturday and she likes the ingredients but I'm guessing I will have to double some things??? I went over and over the recipe to see what I did wrong but I couldn't find anything!And I wasn't expecting to get it looking exactly like the picture but
Carissidy
I know awhile back people were discussing the Chocolate-Raspberry Cookie Trifle, I have to make it for Saturdays show. I was just looking for opinions, tips or suggestions...:confused: Plus I was wondering how tastey it really is because I am not a white chocolate fan....

I was just hoping to find out if the recipe needed some tweaking...i.e. more chocolate... less cookies or whatever... Some said that it didn't fill, others said they had leftovers.... some weren't crazy about it??????

I didn't like it! But here is what I did for a Friend's show - she is a raspberry & chocolate freak, but doesn't like white chocolate, sooooo, we switched the cookies for a brownie (that helped fill the bowl better), and we switched from white chocolate pudding to chocolate pudding. I layered it just like the directions say, except that I added a layer of just plain cool whip for some color variation. I also used the EAD and made cool whip swirls on the top.
Everyone seemed to really like it ~ there were leftovers...but then there were only 8 people there.

Thanks Becky, I just made tonight and was really disappointed I bought everything exact amounts of what it called for and I not only came up short but only filled maybe 2/3 of the bowl :( I wasn't impressed. So I have to make this for a show on Saturday and she likes the ingredients but I'm guessing I will have to double some things??? I went over and over the recipe to see what I did wrong but I couldn't find anything! And I wasn't expecting to get it looking exactly like the picture but it hardly looked remotely close...I don't know...Uugghh!

frustrated with this recipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angela,I started this thread and I was glad to find I wasn't alone in having my trifle not look like the picture (2/3 full). It did taste great though.

When we did it at a cook and look last month it seemed that it was full .... BUT I didn't make that recipe but I am pretty positive it was full.. BOY did it taste yummie though!!!

What I picked up from watching the demo is that they filled the outer sides without layering fully--this helped use less of the ingredients. kwim?

I made this recipe yesterday as a practice for a show next weekend...and all I can say....is YUCK. First problem is that my raspberries were not sweetened (my fault), but looking past that it was just a strange mix of ingredients for a dessert. My honey and I were looking at each other like, "is this it?" I think if someone wants chocolate and raspberries, I'm going back to the torte recipe. It was SO good and I got rave compliments for it.
So now I need another trifle dessert recipe for next weekend...any suggestions?

Black Forest or Strawberry Cheesecake. They were big hits for me.

ChefBeckyD said:
I didn't like it! But here is what I did for a Friend's show - she is a raspberry & chocolate freak, but doesn't like white chocolate, sooooo, we switched the cookies for a brownie (that helped fill the bowl better), and we switched from white chocolate pudding to chocolate pudding. I layered it just like the directions say, except that I added a layer of just plain cool whip for some color variation. I also used the EAD and made cool whip swirls on the top.
Everyone seemed to really like it ~ there were leftovers...but then there were only 8 people there.

Becky, could you tell me how many brownies you used? i have to do this for a show this weekend and wasnt really impressed with it at my last show (the chocolate hardend and it was really hard to get it out of the triffle once it did so. i'm thinking it was the wrong kind of chocolate but i'm not sure .. anyone got suggestions for that>?

abrahamlaur said:
Becky, could you tell me how many brownies you used? i have to do this for a show this weekend and wasnt really impressed with it at my last show (the chocolate hardend and it was really hard to get it out of the triffle once it did so. i'm thinking it was the wrong kind of chocolate but i'm not sure .. anyone got suggestions for that>?

Laurie, I used a 9x13 pan of brownies. (there was a liitle left over, but not much) My host baked it in her stone the day before the show, and we cubed it and put it in a SS bowl while prepping for the show. That also gave me a reason to talk about stoneware during the demo!;)

For the ganache - I made it just like the recipe is written, and it was fine. Possibly you microwaved it for too long?

i'm thinking the host got the wrong kind of chocolate. they got semi sweet chocolate chips and i think it was supposed to be regular choc chips right?

I used Ghiradelli's dark chocolate chips........

I'm not a rasberry fan so I used Strawberries and it turned out. I too only got 2/3 of the trifle bowl filled but it still looked good and was yummy

Ya I wasn't crazy about it at all! But I am so glad there are others that felt the same... I also appreciate the other suggestions... thanks Ladies! ;)

crap ! I read the last thread on this and tried to get Saturday's host to change but she won't budge! oh well.

I don't usually even do shows on Saturday's but another consultant was stuck and I said I would do it...so now I am working on a Saturday doing a yucky half full recipe for a host who I have never met.

wish me luck !

my only suggestion and it is just a small one but I used my crinkle cutter to break up my cookies and it worked great.

I really loved this recipe and so did the guests at my open house but I wouldn't make it for a show because it is much better after it sits for a while.

Mine filled the bowl nearly to the top and I am curious if those whose did not noticed the whip cream amt. is 16 oz. That is not the regular size tub of Cool Whip, it is 2 of them! I didn't notice until I had already started making the trifle and it would be an easy mistake.

I made this at a show last night and it came out great! The host had accidentally bought unsweetened raspberries, but I just dumped a few tablespoons of sugar over them before adding the jam. She'd also bought too large a jar of jam, so I ended up using a little extra.The bowl was quite full, and I even had more ganache than I needed. As susan_g said, it's a bigger Cool Whip container than you usually find, so make sure you check the size on that! It's a very large container, or two smaller ones.Also, I used the trick of sticking the ice cream dipper in the Cool Whip to thaw it, worked pretty well, though I think it would work better in a smaller container.

I don't know why ours didn't fill the bowl but I know that I for one used the correct amount of cool whip because I used 2 8oz containers.

I have made this recipe about 6 times already & it always comes almost to the top. I actually have room to put the cookies on top & put the lid on it. I know that when I'm making the layers I do not press down on them, also gently folding the cool whip with the pudding mix keeps it light & fluffy....HTH

Carissidy-- I am sad to tell you..... we had this at the last cluster meeting that you couldn't make it to! I thought it tasted pretty good. I have considered making it for a show but each time another recipe sounds better. I have not made it myself though...

I did this last weekend and it was only about 2/3 full as well. It tasted ok, not my favorite. The cookies were hard to spilt in half, most of them crumbled up. The warm nutty choc. brownie was a hit. I will definately make that again.

Brandi2007 said:
Carissidy-- I am sad to tell you..... we had this at the last cluster meeting that you couldn't make it to! I thought it tasted pretty good. I have considered making it for a show but each time another recipe sounds better. I have not made it myself though...
I made it, I tried it :yuck: ,and BLAH I didnt like it, so I am not sorry I missed the recipe! However, as you know, I am very bummed I missed the meeting :cry:

I made it today for a showI could not find the white chocolate pudding mix so I used cheesecake pudding and also was only able to find unsweetened raspberries so I added 4 packs of splenda. Everybody like it, only 1 person said it had to many raspberries. I am not a raspberrie fan myself.

raebates said:
Black Forest or Strawberry Cheesecake. They were big hits for me.

Strawberry Cheesecake is BY FAR the best!!!!!:love:

Chocolate Raspberry Cookie TrifleI recently made this at a show and it was a big hit. One thing that I would suggest for the cookies is to have your Host buy "mini" vanilla wafers. It was wonderful because we didn't have to worry about breaking the cookies in half. We kinda of guessed as to how many to use but it was not a problem to use almost the whole box. Hope that helps a little.
Janet

I did the raspberry trifle and froze it for a bbq party the next day. Everyone loved it.

I did a variation with vanilla and choc pudding and strawberrys and every one went bonkers. They all wanted the recipe and I got an awful lot of emails and bookings. And trifle bowl purchases.

I beleive more people like fresh strawberries more than frozen raspberries. I made the strawberry version the nite befor and froze it.

I really enjoyed making this recipe. I kept my receipt and it was $15 total. I got 3 others involved. One started at the beginning breaking up cookies into a bowl while another mixed the pudding/whipped cream while I did the melted chocolate mix and another gal did the raspberry mix. Then we each stepped up and did our layers for the final display. It was SO much fun and the recipe went so much faster than it did when I made it by myself at home. I would definitely suggest it be served with a non-sweet drink, though. Maybe a selection of hot teas or coffee or even just iced water. My last host served lemonade with it and it was overkill on the sweet!]

Oh, and we couldn't find white chocolate pudding at either of the stores we checked so we just used vanilla pudding. So I don't know what it tastes like with the WC.

abrahamlaur said:
i'm thinking the host got the wrong kind of chocolate. they got semi sweet chocolate chips and i think it was supposed to be regular choc chips right?

Ew, I don't think I would have liked that at all. Yes, it's supposed to be milk chocolate chips, not semi-sweet or dark chocolate. I can't imagine that it would taste right if it wasn't the milk chocolate kind. I always have a hard time finding the plain milk chocolate chips for some reason.

susan g said:
I wouldn't make it for a show because it is much better after it sits for a while.

I agree. It the hostess wants this recipe, make it the night before and just bring it. If you have two trifle bowls you can still make it with the group and then take the new one home with you. ;) I've made it twice and my last host agreed that it's MUCH better after it sat in the refrigerator for several hours. When I first tasted it, it was WAY too rich for me. But after it sat overnight, it was delicious! The cookies get soft and all of the good stuff mixes together.

I was reading several others say that it was only 2/3 full. Did the person mixing the cool whip and pudding really whip it hard and for a long time? That part of the recipe seemed to really stack the rest up it up high. And we did what others suggested--did the layering along the outside of the bowl to make it look pretty and just did a little extra in the middle after the outside was filled. It wasn't perfect, but it still looked pretty.

Last edited:
well I did this at my Saturday show everyone loved it did $700 in sales with 7 people the bowl was only a little more than 1/2 full.

But it just doesn't show many tools. So even though the sales were good I don't think i'll do this recipe again.

I for some reason (don't know why) but seem to have better shows/demos doing a savory recipe rather than a dessert.

Made this for a party, ahead of time, & it turned out perfect. I did substitute cheesecake flavored pudding for the white choc. & intentionally used the semi-sweet choc. chips (my preference). It was about an inch from the top, so it seemed to come out as per the recipe.

It was a big hit at the show & most everyone went back for seconds--some for thirds. We also had the Cran-Raspberry Fizz drink (front of Season's Best) which probably cut the sweetness.

I'd do the recipe again, but also want to experiment with different flavors. Trying to find something w/choc. & mint for the holidays. Any ideas?

LibrarianChef said:
. I got 3 others involved. One started at the beginning breaking up cookies into a bowl while another mixed the pudding/whipped cream while I did the melted chocolate mix and another gal did the raspberry mix. Then we each stepped up and did our layers for the final display. It was SO much fun and the recipe went so much faster than it did when I made it by myself at home.
LibrarianChef said:

My host tonight wanted this recipe, and since it was a small crowd (8), I decided to jump into the "interactive show" ring! I used 4 volunteers, and had one take care of each layer. (there was a 6 year old girl there who thought she was big stuff having the job of breaking the cookies in half and adding the cookie layers!) The demo went SO quick, and it was interesting to see that the "helpers" purchased many of the tools that they used for their layer. I would DEFINITELY do this again!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
  • KimberleePowell
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies