• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Butter Cookie with Chocolate Center Recipe

In summary, the conversation discussed a recipe for tasty cookies with a butter cookie base and a sweet chocolate center topping. The recipe, called Blackeyed Susan Cookies, includes instructions for both the dough and the frosting. The conversation also mentioned a similar recipe called Brown Eyed Susan that the person's grandmother used to make, bringing back fond memories. The conversation ended with the exchange of a different recipe for butter cookies with a chocolate center.
thechefofnorthbend
Anyone have a good recipe for this tastey cookie? I have been asked to make this if at all possible. I know it has a butter cookie base and a sweet chocolate senter topping, but that is all I know...

Found one...Blackeyed Susan Cookies

Cookie Dough:
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
3 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1/3 teaspoon salt

Lightly grease cookie sheet with butter. Chill dough for 1/2 hour. Roll into 1 inch balls and put on cookie sheet. Press down on cookie with the bottom of a floured glass. Bake 400 fo 8-10 minutes. Cool for 1 minute then while still warm spread on frosting.

Frosting:
1 1/2 cups confectionary sugar
4 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 Tablespoons HOT tap water

Mix altogether and add a couple more drops of water if needed.

So was that a test to see if anyone had a good one? And you had it all along? ;)

My grandmother taught me how to make cookies with that recipe when I was a little girl! Only her's was called "Brown Eyed Susan". I'll have to get out my recipes and see how close yours is to hers!

I make it every Christmas and enjoy the memories! She's still alive at 96 but not doing well right now. Love her to pieces!!

Hi there, I have a delicious recipe for a butter cookie with a sweet chocolate center that I think you will love! Here's what you'll need:Ingredients:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy creamInstructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, sugar, and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
3. Gradually add in the flour, mixing until well combined.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a lined baking sheet.
5. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
7. While the cookies are baking, melt the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a double boiler or in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
8. Once the cookies are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
9. Spoon the melted chocolate into the center of each cookie, filling the indentation.
10. Let the cookies cool completely before serving.I hope you enjoy this tasty cookie recipe! Let me know how it turns out for you. Happy baking!

1. How do I make sure the chocolate center stays gooey in the butter cookies?

The key to keeping the chocolate center gooey is to make sure the cookies are not overbaked. Bake them for the recommended time and then check them. The edges should be slightly golden, but the center should be soft and slightly undercooked. Let them cool completely on the baking sheet before removing them to a cooling rack.

2. Can I use a different type of chocolate for the center of the cookies?

Yes, you can use any type of chocolate you prefer for the center of the cookies. Milk, dark, or white chocolate will all work well. You can also add in other mix-ins like chopped nuts or dried fruit for added flavor and texture.

3. How long do these cookies stay fresh?

If stored in an airtight container, these cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days at room temperature. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months and thaw them at room temperature when ready to eat.

4. Can I use margarine instead of butter in this recipe?

We recommend using butter for the best flavor and texture in these cookies. However, you can use margarine as a substitute if needed. Just make sure it is at room temperature and has a similar fat content to butter.

5. Do I need to chill the cookie dough before baking?

No, there is no need to chill the cookie dough before baking. However, if the dough seems too soft, you can refrigerate it for about 30 minutes to make it easier to handle. Just make sure to let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping and baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • DebPC