• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chocolate Pecan Tart: Flouring a Non-Stick Stone

In summary, to properly flour a non-stick stone for a chocolate pecan tart, lightly grease the stone and sprinkle flour evenly. Any type of flour can be used, but all-purpose flour or a gluten-free flour blend is recommended. If using a pre-made tart crust, greasing the stone is still recommended. To clean the stone, let it cool and gently wipe with a soft cloth or use a non-abrasive cleaner. A non-stick stone can also be used for other types of tarts by following the same flouring or greasing process.
amya
If our stones are supposed to be "non-stick", why do recipes like the Chocolate Pecan Tart call for the stone to be lightly floured? It isn't really an issue for me, but what should I tell customers when I make this recipe at a show?

Because you're rolling dough. Just like you need to flour the counter before you roll dough out, when you're rolling dough directly on a stone, you need a little bit of flour to keep it from sticking.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking (hehehehehe:p ) with it! Anyone else have one?

nikked said:
Because you're rolling dough. Just like you need to flour the counter before you roll dough out, when you're rolling dough directly on a stone, you need a little bit of flour to keep it from sticking.

That's my theory, and I'm sticking (hehehehehe:p ) with it! Anyone else have one?

Could you give us more hints PLEASE!!!:rolleyes:
Sorry I just could not resist it....
Just breaking your um (stones) hahahahaha

Last edited:

1. How do I properly flour a non-stick stone for a chocolate pecan tart?

To flour a non-stick stone for a chocolate pecan tart, you will need to follow these steps:

• 1. Begin by lightly greasing the stone with cooking spray or butter.
  • 2. Next, sprinkle a small amount of flour onto the stone and gently spread it around with your fingers or a pastry brush.
  • 3. Shake off any excess flour and make sure the entire surface is evenly coated.
  • 4. You can also use a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Simply place the parchment paper onto the stone and then add your tart dough on top.

2. Can I use any type of flour to flour a non-stick stone for a chocolate pecan tart?

Yes, you can use any type of flour to flour a non-stick stone for a chocolate pecan tart. However, some flours may work better than others depending on the recipe. For a chocolate pecan tart, we recommend using all-purpose flour or a gluten-free flour blend.

3. Do I need to flour a non-stick stone if I am using a pre-made tart crust for my chocolate pecan tart?

If you are using a pre-made tart crust, you may not need to flour the non-stick stone. However, it is always a good idea to lightly grease the stone with cooking spray or butter to ensure the crust does not stick.

4. How do I clean a non-stick stone after using it for a chocolate pecan tart?

To clean a non-stick stone after using it for a chocolate pecan tart, you will need to let it cool completely first. Then, use a soft cloth or sponge to gently wipe off any crumbs or residue. If there are stubborn spots, you can use a non-abrasive cleaner or a mixture of baking soda and water.

5. Can I use a non-stick stone for other types of tarts besides a chocolate pecan tart?

Yes, a non-stick stone can be used for a variety of tarts, including fruit tarts, quiches, and savory tarts. Just make sure to properly flour or grease the stone before adding your tart crust or filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
pctharper
  • pctharper
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • chefmelody