1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chocolate Chips + Deluxe Cheese Grater

1. Stephanie S

Stephanie S Member

I attempted making the Chocolate-Banana Phyllo Bundles from the new Seasons Best at home this past weekend. All went well except for when I tried to grate the chocolate chips. I found that they all just clumped together and it was extremely difficult. I actually gave up and just put the chocolate chips in whole. Any suggestions? I was thinking of substituting with chocolate squares...

Aug 16, 2005
  2. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

Microwave them for 5-8 seconds first, just like with cheese, it brings the oil to the surface and it's easier to grate.

Aug 16, 2005
  3. acherry

acherry Member Gold Member

My advice is different...so try both and see what works for you...
    I put the chocolate chips in the fridge to harden them up before grating them. Being in Texas everything melts superfast between driving times from my house to the hostess house, so I keep the chocolate in the cooler then transport it to the fridge...I get them out, right before use..
    So try it out at home...and use which ever method works!
    Cheers,
    Angela

Aug 16, 2005
  4. Sk8Mom209

Sk8Mom209 Advanced Member Gold Member

Try Hershey Kisses

I use hershey kisses and the fine grate barrel. The new microplane will work much better for this.

Aug 16, 2005
  5. Stephanie S

Stephanie S Member

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I'll give them all a shot!

Aug 16, 2005
  6. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Stephanie, did you try both? Which worked best for you?

(new rep here)

Aug 22, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted