• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Noodle Soup for Dinner Tonight?

In summary, tonight's dinner plans involve using up leftover chicken to make chicken noodle soup, with undecided sides of either salad or sandwiches. Some other options mentioned include microwave chicken chili, oxtail vegetable soup with cornbread, homemade cheeseburgers and fries, and pork chops. Other members also have plans for meals such as tacos, BLTs, Spinach Carbonara Pizza, sausage and veggie stir-fry, tater tot casserole, and wiggle soup (a type of tomato soup). One member is also making oxtail soup, using the tail of beef slow cooked with vegetables and V-8 juice. Another member is having spaghetti, while another has a cold and is unsure of their dinner plans. A cheesy broccoli
rennea
Gold Member
I have left over chicken in the fridge so tonight I am going to use it up and make chicken noodle soup.

Haven't decided if I'm going to have salad or sandwhiches on the side yet.

microwave chicken chili

Having oxtail vegetable soup with cornbread.

Last edited:
Homemade cheeseburgers and fries...yum!

I FINALLY have a show tonight, so, I will eat there and Russell will take care of supper!

tlag1986 said:

This sounds so goooooooooood! I haven't had that in ages. I'm coming over!

Debbie :D

We made homemade burgers and fries yesterday.

Today I have a pot of beans on the stove and I am going to make tacos. Bean and cheese and picadillo (ground beef with potatoes). I use White wings tortilla mix to make my tortillas. YUMMY!

chefsteph07 said:
Homemade cheeseburgers and fries...yum!

Oh I'm on my way over, set a spot for me please!

It was inevitable - I've caught DS's nasty cold.

So, we are having BLT's tonight - simple and easy. I really don't care if we have anything else with them. If DH wants to make the effort to make a side then I'll let him.

DebbieSAChef said:
This sounds so goooooooooood! I haven't had that in ages. I'm coming over!

The more the merrier!!!!!

I also have a nasty cold:yuck:, I have pork chops out that I didn't make last night (we had pasta instead). So tonight I have cook them, and I may not eat them, I am thinking I need soup.:(

I have a show tonight so DS and DH are on their own.

I think I'm going to make the Spinach Carbonara Pizza. I've got to use up the baby spinach I bought.

I am having steak tonight!! Ahh I cannot wait!

tlag1986 said:

What is that? Can you please post the recipe?
Thanks!

DH is out of town so the kids and I are going to pick up Freebirds (similar to Chipotle but with spanish rice instead of the cilantro white rice).

Sausage, potatoes, and onions sauted together. Mixed veggie or green beans.

We are having left over tater tot cass. from last night. Even though my DH took it for his lunch today too. But that is it for tonight so I can work on the phone. With the big storm coming tonight and tomorrow, maybe alot of people will be home.

I have a cold too and my head is full of snot.:yuck: So we are eating wiggle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

sk8rgrrl99 said:
What is that? Can you please post the recipe?
Thanks!

Oxtail is the tail of the beef, I put mine in the crockpot overnight. I then took the beef off the bone and used the broth along with one large can of V-8 juice with a large bag of mixed vegetables. I also add 2 potatoes diced small, 2 small onions cut up, and salt n pepper.:chef:

The oxtail is the the piece of meat with the most fat, so when slow cooked you are able to make a rich broth. :thumbup: The whole meal is simple just takes quite a few hours to fix.

If you have never had oxtail soup, you might want to try it sometime. It is very good.

Hearty Lasagna Soup and Parmesean biscuits (both from Tastfully Simple); "steamables" vegis

tlag1986 said:
Oxtail is the tail of the beef, I put mine in the crockpot overnight. I then took the beef off the bone and used the broth along with one large can of V-8 juice with a large bag of mixed vegetables. I also add 2 potatoes diced small, 2 small onions cut up, and salt n pepper.:chef:

The oxtail is the the piece of meat with the most fat, so when slow cooked you are able to make a rich broth. :thumbup: The whole meal is simple just takes quite a few hours to fix.

If you have never had oxtail soup, you might want to try it sometime. It is very good.

Thanks! I thought it sounded like a vegetarian soup. But I'll definitely hold on to the recipe to pass on to others.

I'm not sure yet. I'm sick today and don't feel like cooking or eating, so the guys might fend for themselves with leftovers.

Tonight we are having Spaggetti, My MIL recipe pc style!

Crystal Patton said:
I have a cold too and my head is full of snot.:yuck: So we are eating wiggle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.
What is wiggle soup? :confused: Sounds like a bowl full of worms or something you would see on the discovery channel! Quite adventurous. :yuck: I prefer to have tomato soup with my grilled cheeseTonight we will be having a cheesy broccoli rice casserole with leftover chicken thrown in and a salad

nikked said:
Hearty Lasagna Soup and Parmesean biscuits (both from Tastfully Simple); "steamables" vegis

I LOVE the TS Parmesan Cheddar biscuits...almost exactly like the ones you'd get at Red Lobster. If I'd been on the ball I would have made a batch of those tonight...to go with the Coca-Cola pot roast I have in the crockpot, matched with Steam 'N Mash cheddar mashed potatoes and corn on the cob. Mmmm. Good stuff! I was running errands today and came home to the crockpot smelling so good...

Venison Steak
Extra Cheesy Marconi Cheese (my homemade Mac N Cheese)
Pumpkin Mousse

Crystal Patton said:

Thanks for the yummy details:eek:LOL! Get better soon:)

Butternut squash soup. Husband is sooo grateful he works nights!!! I love squash be he hates it.

My version is super easy: peel the squash with our peeler, cut it into chunks. Peel an apple and an onion, chunk those. Add all that to a large pan, pour almost all of a 32 oz box of chicken broth in and let it go to town. When everything is soft, puree it and yum. You can add some cream or milk to it, but I like it just the way it is. I can't wait!!

Originally Posted by Crystal Patton View Post
I have a cold too and my head is full of snot. So we are eating wiggle soup and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Thanks for the yummy detailsLOL! Get better soon

I just hope that the wiggle soup doesn't have any direct correlation to the head full of snot. :eek: :yuck:

raebates said:
I just hope that the wiggle soup doesn't have any direct correlation to the head full of snot. :eek: :yuck:

Eewww, Rae that's just nasty!

rennea said:
Eewww, Rae that's just nasty!

Sorry. That's just where my brain went. That's what happens when you spend too much time with a gaggle of boys.

PamperChefCarol said:
Butternut squash soup. Husband is sooo grateful he works nights!!! I love squash be he hates it.

My version is super easy: peel the squash with our peeler, cut it into chunks. Peel an apple and an onion, chunk those. Add all that to a large pan, pour almost all of a 32 oz box of chicken broth in and let it go to town. When everything is soft, puree it and yum. You can add some cream or milk to it, but I like it just the way it is. I can't wait!!

This sounds good and simple - I'll have to try it. We all love Butternut Squash!

ChefBeckyD said:
It was inevitable - I've caught DS's nasty cold.

So, we are having BLT's tonight - simple and easy. I really don't care if we have anything else with them. If DH wants to make the effort to make a side then I'll let him.

I hope you fell better...poor thing. I'll be praying for you! Get lots of liquids and lots of rest!

raebates said:

I am afraid to hear why the soup wiggles? Is it made out of Jell-o?

Kitchen Diva said:
I am afraid to hear why the soup wiggles? Is it made out of Jell-o?

Nope, just snotty worms ;):D

Related to Chicken Noodle Soup for Dinner Tonight?

1. How do I make chicken noodle soup using leftover chicken?

To make chicken noodle soup using leftover chicken, start by heating a pot over medium heat and adding some oil. Then, add diced onions, carrots, and celery and cook until they start to soften. Next, add your leftover chicken (diced or shredded) and cook for a few minutes. Pour in chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Add in your choice of noodles (egg noodles, fusilli, etc.) and let them cook until tender. Season with salt, pepper, and any other desired herbs and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!

2. Can I add any other vegetables to my chicken noodle soup?

Yes, you can add any vegetables you like to your chicken noodle soup. Some popular options include peas, corn, green beans, and mushrooms. Just make sure to add them in at the appropriate time so they are cooked to your desired level of tenderness.

3. How can I make my chicken noodle soup more flavorful?

To add more flavor to your chicken noodle soup, you can use a combination of chicken broth and chicken stock. You can also add in some herbs and spices such as thyme, parsley, and garlic powder. For a more hearty soup, you can also add in some diced potatoes or rice.

4. Can I make chicken noodle soup in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make chicken noodle soup in a slow cooker. Simply add all the ingredients (except for the noodles) to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours. Add in the noodles for the last 30 minutes of cooking and let them cook until tender.

5. What are some good side dishes to serve with chicken noodle soup?

Some good side dishes to serve with chicken noodle soup include a simple green salad, crusty bread or rolls, or a grilled cheese sandwich. You can also add some crackers or croutons on top of the soup for an extra crunch.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • rennea
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • wadesgirl