• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chef's Tongs...little Helpful Tip

In summary, the tongs can be difficult to remember how to use, but there is a trick to it. The trick is to hold the tongs closer to the bottom.
KellyTheChef
Gold Member
I always have a hard time remembering which way opens and closes the tongs, even though I love them and use them so much I have two pair!

I figured out a little saying that helps:

"uptight"

and

"down and out"

(When they are pointed up, they close....when they are pointed down they open!)

Hope this helps someone...or helps a guest!!

Cute saying Kelly! Thanks!

Little things like that really help me to remember things...

When I sell the cut-n-seal I always instruct them (even though the use and care card will tell them the same thing) to use it just like the name says: CUT through the bread or whatever you are using, and once it's cut all of the way through, THEN SEAL it by pushing down. If you try to do both motions at the same time, 99% of the time, you will rip it!

Great tips...Thanks!

Good one, Kelly. I will try to remember that.

Now if I could stop pinching myself with them! I have goosebumps just thinking about it...it hurts!!!

cookingwithhart said:
Now if I could stop pinching myself with them! I have goosebumps just thinking about it...it hurts!!!

LOL!!! I do too!!

Great tip Kelly!

cookingwithhart said:

I do that all the time too!!!
I figured out the trick to that is holding them closer to the bottom. The last time I did it, I almost took skin off, so I'm extra careful these days

I don't even want to think about pinching myself with them! How in the world are you guys managing to do that?!! (I probably shouldn't ask...I am sure I will do that the next time I use them now, lol!)

I do that a lot - usually a finger wraps itself around the handle so it ends up in between the 2 parts and gets pinched. Ouch!

Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm so glad I'm not the only one that's done this. It seems like I pinch the fatty part of my thumb. I've broken skin and really wanted to cry! Thank goodness it's never been at a show!!! I'll try holding the tongs closer to the end. Thanks

What are Chef's Tongs and how do I use them?

Chef's Tongs are a kitchen utensil used for gripping and lifting food items while cooking or serving. They are typically made of metal and have two long handles connected by a hinge. To use them, simply squeeze the handles together to open the tongs, place them around the food item, and release the handles to grip the food securely.

What makes Chef's Tongs better than regular tongs?

Chef's Tongs have a few key features that make them stand out from regular tongs. Firstly, they are typically longer and have a more precise grip, making them great for flipping and turning delicate items like fish or vegetables. They also often have a locking mechanism to keep them closed for easy storage, and some may have silicone tips for added grip and protection on non-stick surfaces.

Can I use Chef's Tongs on non-stick cookware?

It is generally not recommended to use metal utensils on non-stick cookware, as they can scratch and damage the surface. However, some Chef's Tongs have silicone or nylon tips that are safe to use on non-stick surfaces, so be sure to check the product description before using them.

How do I clean and maintain Chef's Tongs?

Chef's Tongs are typically dishwasher safe, but it is always best to check the product label for specific care instructions. If hand washing, use warm, soapy water and a non-abrasive sponge to clean the tongs. Be sure to dry them thoroughly before storing. If the tongs have become sticky or have residue from cooking, you can soak them in warm, soapy water for a few minutes before cleaning.

What are some creative ways to use Chef's Tongs in the kitchen?

Chef's Tongs are not just limited to flipping and serving food. You can also use them to toss salads, mix pasta or stir-fry dishes, and even to grab and squeeze citrus fruits. They can also be great for outdoor grilling, as they allow you to easily turn and move food without getting too close to the heat. Get creative and see how you can incorporate Chef's Tongs into your cooking routine!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
chefsteph07
  • kreaser
  • Products and Tips
Replies