• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grinding With Precision: Tips for Using Your Grinder

In summary, Karlene found that by leaving the metal rod in the grinder when filling it, it helps to keep the grinding mechanism from becoming too loose. She suggests using the funnels to fill the grinder and recommends doing this before screwing on the little silver knob on the top.
kreaser
Gold Member
I love my grinders...got one in the directors pkg and one earned. Tip when filling them...Make sure the metal rod stays down the center of the acrylic holder as much as possible. When you screw on the little silver knob on the top this is what determines the coarseness of the grinding. I found when I first did it that the whole peppercorns or salt granules started falling out the bottom because it is all the way open before you turn the knob. Because of this, some of them stay in there and it continues to grind large even if you turn the knob all the way closed. (I hope this is making sense). So, as soon as I fill it and put the top on, I turn it all upside down and shake it so no large corns or salt granules are stuck down there in the bottom of the grinder part. Then adjust the silver knob accordingly and turn it back over.
I hope this helps. If you don't have it yet, this may not make any sense to you...LOL

If you use the the flexible funnels and slide them over the medal rod and fill that way it goes so easy :) and stays even.

I have had my own grinders for a long time, and I never do remove that middle metal rod. But I love the idea of using the funnels - I never thought of doing that!!

I JUST filled my salt in my grinder - I just unscrewed the top thing and left the metal pole in it - used my green funnel and filled it half way - I think I AM IN LOVE!! I am cooking big time tonight and feel like I belong on Food Network! LOL!!!

Can't wait for my sample pack with the other one!

I have left the metal rod in there as well. I guess I was just finding that when you have the top bamboo lid off when you're filling...if you look at the bottom of grinder where the grinding mechanism is, it is pretty open (sorta reminds me of the fertilizer thing we use for our lawn!) Anyhow, until you screw the little metal ball back on tight and determine how tight or loose you want it, some of the corns or granules get trapped down there inbetween the gears and then holds it open even if you want to tighten it up
hope this makes sense
karlene

1. What type of grinder is best for precision grinding?

The best type of grinder for precision grinding is a burr grinder. This type of grinder uses two revolving abrasive surfaces (burrs) to grind the beans, resulting in a more consistent and uniform grind size compared to blade grinders.

2. How do I adjust the grind size on my grinder?

To adjust the grind size on your grinder, you will need to refer to the instruction manual as the method may vary depending on the type of grinder you have. In general, you can adjust the grind size by either turning a dial or knob, or by moving the burrs closer or further apart.

3. How can I ensure my grinder is clean before use?

Before using your grinder, make sure that it is clean by disassembling it and wiping down all the parts with a damp cloth. You can also use a small brush to remove any debris or oils that may have built up on the burrs or blades.

4. What is the best way to store my grinder?

The best way to store your grinder is in a dry and cool place, away from direct sunlight. It is also recommended to clean and dry the grinder thoroughly before storing it to prevent any mold or bacteria growth.

5. Can I use my grinder for spices or other food items?

It is not recommended to use your coffee grinder for grinding other food items, as the oils and flavors from the coffee beans may transfer and affect the taste of your spices or food. It is best to have a separate grinder for coffee and other food items.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Ramona_Nolan
  • raebates
  • Products and Tips
Replies