• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Saute Tongs Supposed to Close Flat?

In summary, the conversation was about a new type of saute tongs that were not closing properly. The participants discussed whether the tongs were supposed to lay flat when closed and mentioned a small holder that came with them. They also shared experiences with using the tongs and trying to fix the issue. Eventually, the problem resolved itself after multiple washings.
babywings76
Gold Member
Are the new saute tongs supposed to be flat together when you close them to store them? I thought they were when I first got mine out of the box. Maybe I'm remembering wrong, though. I just used them once and put them in the dishwasher and went to put them away, and they don't close all the way flat now.

They fold flat like the bamboo tongs - they flip

:chef:

I flip them and they don't lay flat. I have them the "closed" way and they spread apart still. So I'm not mistaken, they are supposed to be flat when closed? Okay, then I guess I'll have to do an adjustment on them. I can't figure out why they aren't working right. Nothing looks wrong when I look at it closely. I can't figure out what's the matter.

Did you put the little holder that came with them back on? I saw these at a meeting the other night when they opened all the new products (what fun!) Some of the consultants seemed to think the little holder was just there until they were opened. I wonder if it is suppose to be used for storage, too.

When I first opened the box I wondered about that little piece, too. But the use and care card said to remove and discard it, so that's what I did. I hate to call in on a Monday, yet I don't want to do an adjustment online if maybe I'm just a moron and doing something wrong. Should I write an e-mail? Who to, I wonder?

If the use and care card said to discard it, then contact the test kitchens and see what they say.

Mine don't sit flat in the closed position either. There's about a 5 mm gap between the ends.

Very strange what happened. It was kind of funny (weird), actually. I took a couple digital pictures of them in the open position and the closed position and was going to show you guys or e-mail the test kitchens or whoever about them. But then that night I tried using them (actually wasn't really loving them, they didn't seem to grab things well or securely) and then put them in the dishwasher. The next day my son unloaded the dishwasher, and this time they closed perfectly! I don't know what that was all about?! Very, very weird for it to not close and then be fine again after the 2nd washing. And nothing was done differently, I didn't treat them differently and when I looked close at them nothing seemed to be wrong, either way. Very odd. Now that they close properly, I wonder if they are going to function better in some way now when I use them again. Maybe now they will grab things better.

weird, but glad they at least look better and hope they do work better, too

1. Are saute tongs supposed to close flat?

Yes, saute tongs are designed to close flat. This allows for a firm grip on food items and makes them easier to use while cooking.

2. Can I adjust the tension on the saute tongs to make them close tighter?

Some saute tongs may have an adjustable tension feature, but it is not recommended to manipulate the tension as it can affect the overall functionality and durability of the tongs.

3. How do I clean my saute tongs?

Silicone-tipped saute tongs can be washed in warm soapy water or in the dishwasher. For metal tongs, it is best to hand wash and dry them immediately to prevent rusting.

4. Can I use saute tongs on non-stick cookware?

Yes, as long as the tongs have silicone or nylon tips, they can be safely used on non-stick cookware to prevent scratching.

5. What is the best way to store saute tongs?

Saute tongs can be stored in a kitchen drawer or hung on a utensil rack. It is important to make sure they are completely dry before storing to prevent rusting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefetteDuJour
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithhart
  • chefmelody