• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheese Straws in the Cookie Press?

In summary, to make cheese straws in the cookie press, you will need flour, grated cheese, butter, salt, and any desired seasonings. Any type of cheese can be used, but it should be grated or finely shredded. It is recommended to chill the dough before using the cookie press, and the dough can also be frozen for later use. To clean the cookie press, disassemble all parts and wash them in warm soapy water or place it in the dishwasher.
INGonzalez
Has anyone ever tried this? The recipe I have seems to be a little "hard" and I do not know if the cookie press can handle it. Has anyone done this and had to modify a recipe to work in the cookie press?

I used the biggest tip and it worked fine for me.

Yes, I have tried using a cookie press with a recipe that was a bit too hard. I found that adding a little bit of extra liquid, such as milk or water, helped to make the dough more pliable and easier to work with in the cookie press. You may also want to try chilling the dough before using the cookie press, as this can help it hold its shape better. If all else fails, you can always try adjusting the recipe by adding more butter or oil to make the dough softer. Good luck!

1. What ingredients do I need to make cheese straws in the cookie press?

To make cheese straws in the cookie press, you will need flour, grated cheese, butter, salt, and any desired seasonings. You can also add in nuts or seeds for added flavor and texture.

2. Can I use any type of cheese for the cheese straws?

Yes, you can use any type of cheese for the cheese straws. Cheddar, parmesan, and even blue cheese all work well. Just make sure the cheese is grated or finely shredded for best results.

3. Do I need to chill the dough before using the cookie press?

It is recommended to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes before using the cookie press. This will help the dough hold its shape and prevent the cheese straws from spreading too much while baking.

4. Can I freeze the dough for later use?

Yes, you can freeze the cheese straw dough for later use. Simply wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag. Thaw in the refrigerator before using in the cookie press.

5. How do I clean the cookie press after making cheese straws?

To clean the cookie press, disassemble all parts and wash them in warm soapy water. Make sure to remove any dough or cheese stuck in the nozzles. Dry thoroughly before reassembling. The cookie press can also be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher for easy cleaning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ConShan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • nancycookspc