• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Changes Technology Brings: Old vs New

In summary, if you have products from 10 years ago, you can still use them at home, sell them at a garage sale, or donate them to a charity. If you have kids, you can start a hope chest for them.
Tropicalburstqt2
Gold Member
:confused: I have noticed alot has changed (products, etc.) since my mother was doing PC around 10 years ago... what happens when the products change and you still have the old ones??

Use them at home, sell them at a discount to customers/family/other consultants, sell them at a garage sale...Usually the new version is available from HO as a sample.

Yeah, what Ann said!

The ones I like, I continue to use at home. The others I either give away, donate or sell in a Garage Sale.

There are some items that I use at shows, mainly the old quick stir picture. It works the same but I tell them that the new one is different. Other main items I wouldn't show unless you have the current: cookware, simple additions, cutlery, stoneware, etc.

Last edited:
Yes, I was a little disappointed sometimes when things got restyled, but it is usually ALWAYS for the better. ...and PC is GREAT at giving us new things to sell.

If you have kids, you can always start a hope chest for them for when they get married or have their first apartment or go off to college.

janetupnorth said:
If you have kids, you can always start a hope chest for them for when they get married or have their first apartment or go off to college.
Great idea. I don't know how many people I've talked to that say they need to purchase another....whatever....because their kid took it when they moved out! My daughter leaves for college next fall :cry: :cry: :cry: but luckily I have 9 years of duplicates and restyled products to send her off with :)

I keep the old version at home in my kitchen and use the new version at shows.

DebbieJ said:
I keep the old version at home in my kitchen and use the new version at shows.

This is what I have been doing too.

Thanks for all of your input!!! I'm new at this... haven't even got my kit yet!!

What are the main differences between old and new kitchen technology?

The main difference between old and new kitchen technology is the level of convenience and efficiency. Old kitchen technology often required manual labor and time-consuming processes, while new technology offers automation and faster results. New technology also often includes advanced features and functions that were not available in older versions.

How has technology improved the cooking experience?

Technology has significantly improved the cooking experience by making it more convenient and efficient. With the introduction of kitchen appliances such as microwaves, blenders, and food processors, cooking tasks can be completed in a fraction of the time. Digital timers and temperature controls also ensure more consistent and accurate results.

Are there any downsides to relying on technology in the kitchen?

While technology has many benefits, there are some downsides to relying on it in the kitchen. One of the main concerns is the potential for technology to malfunction or break down, causing delays or even ruining a meal. Additionally, some people may argue that relying too heavily on technology takes away from the traditional cooking experience and can lead to a lack of essential skills and techniques.

What are some examples of new kitchen technology that are worth investing in?

Some examples of new kitchen technology worth investing in include smart appliances such as refrigerators with built-in touch screens and ovens with Wi-Fi capabilities. These appliances offer advanced features and convenience, such as the ability to preheat the oven remotely or receive notifications when groceries are running low.

How can I incorporate new technology into my cooking routine?

Incorporating new technology into your cooking routine can be as simple as adding a few key appliances to your kitchen, such as a food processor or air fryer. You can also explore different cooking apps and websites that offer recipes and cooking tutorials using modern kitchen technology. It's important to start small and gradually incorporate new technology into your routine to find what works best for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nancycookspc
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
doughmama
  • sizzo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies