1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Chamber of Commerce?

1. ChefSandyK

ChefSandyK Member

Is anyone a member of their local Chamber of Commerce? If so, have you found it beneficial? I was thinking of joining, but after seeing the membership dues, I'm not so sure. The dues are $175....which is pretty steep for me, right now. Especially since I can't use some of their "perks". They offer to list you as PC consultant and provide a link to your webpage on their merchants page, but the way I understand it this would be prohibited by PC advertising policy. The same goes for their "free" inclusion of your business in their advertising in the local paper. So basically, for 175 I would get to go to monthly meetings and get some connections, but that's about it. What do you guys think about this????

Have a great day,
    Sandy

Sep 30, 2005
  2. pamperedbecky

pamperedbecky Legacy Member

My Chamber of Commerce has subgroups. I joined the Women in Business subgroup and that fee was only $50 a year. They don't do a TON of stuff. Luncheons every month which are hard for me to make since I'd have to make childcare arrangements. Once they had an evening function with bingo, which was my first event so far. I am listed on their website, so I'm not sure how beneficial that will be. I do hope to make it to a luncheon one of these days. I figured the price was better than the full Chamber membership. Maybe find out if there is another PC consultant that's part of the Chamber. If so, I'd probably be less likely to do it. Good luck!

Sep 30, 2005
Have something to add?