• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Joining Your Local Chamber of Commerce as an Independent Consultant

In summary, if you are an Independent Consultant and are looking to join a local Chamber of Commerce, it is definitely worth it! You will save on registration fees for their events, and you will be able to network and meet potential clients.
thechefofnorthbend
I cannot seem to find any information or policy on this. Are we, as Independent Consultants, allowed to join out local Chamber of Commerce? After all we are small business owners? If any one knows the ins and outs on this, please let me know. Thanks a million you all!!!:D

Of course we are!

I am a member of mine.

Very cool. I know our fee is kind of expensive, but if it helps getting my info out there, I think it will be worth it!

I looked into it in my area too... but it was too much money to put out considering the tables at expos I did and not getting a ton of parties out of the leads...
DebbieJ, have you had much luck with the members?

The money I spend on membership in my local chamber is saved more than double in registration discounts at the two local events I participate in. Which does not include the bookings and leads I obtain at each event.

I believe chamber membership is an excellent business opportunity.

Do you typically get a lot of bookings from being part of this?

Yes, it is expensive. But as Shari pointed out, you get reduced rates for their events and expos. One of my recruits came from the Chamber Expo last year. :)

I think overall you get out of it what you put into it. You *really* have to do the networking and attend the chamber events! I just went to our monthly luncheon for the first time on Monday. I had 15 holiday mini catalogs ready to hand out and only gave out about 5. :( Totally my fault.

But then I got home and typed up an email promoting gifts for employees and customers and sent it to the chamber office and she forwarded it to the entire membership! YAY!!!

And all chambers are different and have different events--you just have to decide if it will work for you.

What are the benefits of becoming a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

There are numerous benefits of joining the Chamber of Commerce, including networking opportunities, access to educational resources, advocacy for your business, and discounts on events and services. Additionally, being a member of the Chamber can increase your credibility and visibility within the community.

How much does it cost to become a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

The cost of membership varies depending on the size and type of your business. The Chamber typically offers different membership levels with corresponding fees. You can contact your local Chamber of Commerce for specific pricing information.

How can the Chamber of Commerce help my business grow?

The Chamber of Commerce offers a variety of resources and services to help businesses grow, such as networking events, educational workshops, and marketing opportunities. The Chamber also advocates for policies and initiatives that benefit the local business community.

Can non-profit organizations join the Chamber of Commerce?

Yes, non-profit organizations are welcome to join the Chamber of Commerce. In fact, many Chambers have special membership options and benefits specifically for non-profits. Contact your local Chamber for more information.

Do I have to attend events and meetings as a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

While attending events and meetings can be beneficial for networking and staying updated on local business news, it is not mandatory for members to attend. However, we highly encourage active participation to fully maximize the benefits of membership.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
noelskitchen
  • ChefSandyK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • nancycookspc