• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are the Benefits of Joining Your Local Chamber of Commerce?

In summary, joining the Chamber of Commerce can be expensive, you may only be able to list your name and address with them, and you may only be able to participate in their social events. However, it can be a great way to network with other business owners in your area and to learn more about what the Chamber has to offer.
sarahsellcm
Silver Member
I was reading what people have to say about joining the Chamber of Commerce but what I wanted to know is what all can I do with them? I know I can't put my website on their web page but can I have them list my name and address or not? Also, what are some the benefits you found from joining the Chamber's? I know my name will be given to new residence and businesses but am not sure what else I can do. Thanks.

Sarah

Joining the Chamber was not worth the $$$ for me. It's a good chunk of change to join in my neck of the woods.

You name will be listed in the business only directory. And dependiong on your chamber, you will have the opportunity to attend "after hours" socials and lectures. If your chamber does them. Its a great way to meet a bunch of busines people, however it might not serve you best for customers. It can be rather expensive. Ours is over $400 a year. And I donnt live in a major city area.

The only way the chamber may do you any good is if you are going to participate in their lunches, social times. Ours do business expos and I joined because it was cheaper to join and get the reduced rate for chamber members.

You would be better off looking into network groups especially those geared toward women (not BNI!!! to expensive and rigid)

I joined the chamber this year because in my city there are a lot of women business owners, and I am going after them possibly for some power cooking shows.

My chapter is allowing me to do monthly payments and does have a vendor fair expo that I can participate in which is cool. I can go to the luncheons if I can get someone to watch my baby which isnt a problem. I am excited to get my name out there. I can give them a flyer to give to people who move into the area and to new business owners. Also, they do monthly newsletters to their members and I can put what my specials are in that. They have an email newsletter too that I am not going to put anything in because I don't think that is allowed. Not sure on that! But they do allow for members to send what they are doing and all that fun stuff. I contacted PC and I am not allowed to put my info on their website especially my website which I knew but anything that is printed I can put my info on. That is pretty cool! My chapter said I could make a dessert to take to each of the monthly meetings and was happy that a direct selling company was joining. They only have a Lia Sophia rep involved so far. Its pretty expensive but dividing it up monthly isn't bad.

What is the Chamber of Commerce?

The Chamber of Commerce is an organization that represents the interests of local businesses and promotes economic growth in a particular region.

How can my business benefit from joining the Chamber of Commerce?

Joining the Chamber of Commerce can provide your business with networking opportunities, access to resources and information, and a stronger presence in the community.

Do I have to be a member of the Chamber of Commerce to attend their events?

No, the Chamber of Commerce often hosts events that are open to the public. However, being a member may give you discounts or other perks for attending these events.

Can the Chamber of Commerce help me promote my business?

Yes, the Chamber of Commerce offers various advertising and marketing opportunities for its members, such as sponsoring events or being featured in their publications.

How do I become a member of the Chamber of Commerce?

You can become a member of the Chamber of Commerce by filling out an application and paying the membership fee. You can usually find this information on their website or by contacting their office directly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cookingwithmichelle
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
  • smspamperedchef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lkprescott
  • smspamperedchef