• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Business Benefits: Joining Your Local Chamber of Commerce

In summary, the chamber of commerce is a place where businesses can get together and network. It is also a good place to find events that are open to the public.
nancycookspc
Gold Member
Does anyone belong to the chamber of commerce in their towns?
If so what does it do for your business?

I've checked into it and my personal opinion as that it was too expensive. Keep your ear out for events open to the public that are put on by the chamber. Ours has a young professional event every other month and it is a good place to make contacts. That is just me and my town though. Could be less expensive and more profitable in a different town.

I agree that it is pretty expensive in our areas. There are lots of other referral groups in our area. DH and I were a part of one for a couple of years, and it really helped to get our Landscape business off the ground. It was a group of about 40 businesses and there was only one business from each area allowed into the group. Although we aren't offically in the group anymore, we still do business with a lot of people from the group and have relationships with them, so we do still get lots of referrals out of it. That group was about 75% men and I know that there were a few women with DS business that would come through every so often, but I didn't really see it being too profitable for them, but honestly I never talked to them much, so I can't say that for sure.
You may also want to look for some sort of women's group in your area. That might help your business.

Very expensive and it brought me little business.If I had more time/availability to attend chamber events and network it would have been worth it, but it just didn't work out for me--because of childcare, mostly

We have had discussions on this before. If you plan to invest $ in networking (which the chamber basically is) then you need to plan to make use of all the opportunities that that group offers. I you do not plan to attend meetings and seminars then it is a waste of $. Mine here is reasonable 100-150 for the year but I do not have the time (due to kids still home during the day) to participate in the chamber activities.

Related to Maximizing Business Benefits: Joining Your Local Chamber of Commerce

1. What is a Chamber of Commerce?

A Chamber of Commerce is a local organization that promotes and supports the business community in a specific area. It serves as a resource for businesses and advocates for their interests in the community.

2. How can my business benefit from joining a Chamber of Commerce?

Joining a Chamber of Commerce can provide numerous benefits for your business, such as networking opportunities, access to resources and information, and advocacy for your business interests. It can also increase your credibility and visibility within the community.

3. Can anyone join a Chamber of Commerce?

Yes, most Chambers of Commerce have membership options for businesses of all sizes and industries. Some may also offer individual memberships for professionals or community members who want to support local businesses.

4. Are there any requirements for joining a Chamber of Commerce?

The requirements for joining a Chamber of Commerce may vary, but typically businesses will need to have a physical presence or operate within the designated area of the Chamber. Some Chambers may also have specific requirements for certain industries or business types.

5. What types of events and programs does a Chamber of Commerce offer?

Chambers of Commerce often offer a variety of events and programs to benefit their members, such as networking events, educational workshops, and community outreach initiatives. They may also host special events, such as business expos or award ceremonies, to showcase and support local businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jessamary
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • Saturday Gourmet