• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Challenge - Two Recipes That Use Mostly the Same Products

In summary, Amanda is planning a couples party where the men and women will answer questions about a quick show before the cooking starts. Whoever answers the question correctly gets a product for their team to use. Each team will be making a recipe that utilizes 5-10 of the same products. The host wants to do a soup and a dessert, and she has two suggestions for how to do this. The first suggestion is to use different products, but the second suggestion is to have the winner of the question get to choose which product their team will use.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I have a challenge for all you amazing Chef Successers...

I am having a couples party at the end of January. I plan on doing it kind of like Family Feud but with men vs. women. They will answer questions based on the quick "show" that I do before the cooking happens. Whoever answers the question correctly gets a product for their team to use. Each team will be making a recipe. I want to do a soup and a dessert. I would like the two recipes to utilize about 5-10 of the same products, ie. both use the chopper. That way they want the product. I can't find recipes that do this. Any suggestions?

just a thought you could Iron chef it, and have one secret ingredient. Or a garnishing contest to see who can make the best garnishes.

Good ideas. Also, I wanted to use one piece of cookware and one of stoneware.

When I do my cook off shows they tend to be dips! I have the girls make a hot spinach artichoke dip (stoneware) & the guys the broccoli cheese dip (stoneware) then right before they start making their dips I demo the garlic pull apart breads (cookware). This uses a lot of products, and gets them racing and having fun!!

Amanda - good idea! Maybe I can do a skillet cake while we are doing the family feud thing.Any other ideas?

cmdtrgd said:
Okay, I have a challenge for all you amazing Chef Successers...

I am having a couples party at the end of January. I plan on doing it kind of like Family Feud but with men vs. women. They will answer questions based on the quick "show" that I do before the cooking happens. Whoever answers the question correctly gets a product for their team to use. Each team will be making a recipe. I want to do a soup and a dessert. I would like the two recipes to utilize about 5-10 of the same products, ie. both use the chopper. That way they want the product. I can't find recipes that do this. Any suggestions?

Just a thought? This is a couples show, so why not use different products. That way he tries some, she tries some you get a broader use going. Plus he will like different ones than her, may work out better in sales. :rolleyes:

I think Diane has a good point. Sometimes the things I think are an awesome tool are the things DH thinks are stupid and vice-versa. The more tools you get into their hot little hands, the more likely it is that they'll see something they just HAVE to have.

I see your point and agree. However, the host got so excited when I told her it would be guys vs girls and fighting for the products. How do I address that? I really like the idea of doing the two dips and they do use some of the same products. However, there are substitutions available. Like, use a forged knife instead of the chopper. Would it work to have the winner of the question get to pick which product his/her team gets to use? That would give me about 5 questions, I think.

maybe you could have the "prize" for the 1st question to be the recipe that team does (they get to choose). Then the team gets the tools that go along with that recipe.

There's an "Amazing Race" theme show posted in the Theme Show area (imagine that!) that has recipe suggestions for recipes that use mostly different items, but a couple the same.

Ann - you always have awesome ideas! I think the Amazing Race will work out great and I'll be able to show more products! THANKS! :D

Kate, I can't take credit for that one. I was going through files and stuff a while back and remembered seeing it. :)

1. How do I choose which products to use for the two recipes?

To choose which products to use for the two recipes, start by selecting a versatile ingredient or product that can be used in multiple ways. Then, think about the flavors and ingredients that pair well with that product and incorporate them into both recipes.

2. Can I substitute ingredients in one of the recipes if I don't have them on hand?

Yes, you can substitute ingredients in one of the recipes if you don't have them on hand. Just make sure to choose a similar ingredient that will still work well with the other products in the recipe.

3. Can I use the same products for both recipes or do I need to use different ones?

You can use the same products for both recipes, as long as they can be used in different ways or paired with different ingredients. However, using different products can add more variety and creativity to the challenge.

4. Are there any products that should not be used for both recipes?

While most products can be used for both recipes, some may not work well together or may not be versatile enough. It's best to avoid using products with strong dominant flavors that may overpower the other ingredients in the recipe.

5. How do I present the two recipes for the challenge?

You can present the two recipes together in one dish, with each recipe on opposite sides, or you can present them separately. You can also take photos of each recipe and share them side by side on social media or in a blog post to showcase the versatility of the products used.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • Tracie
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • doughmama
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies