• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrations! Chocolate Show Question.

P
powelljj
Has anyone done a Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! show? I have done 2 so far and have not been happy with it. The recipe for the mousse is great, but the problem is with the crepes - I can't find them! Has anyone had this problem? The only thing I have been able to find is phyllo dough sheets, which are okay but very tricky and usually don't turn out looking so great, or pre-made phyllo cups, which are nice to look at, but I can't do anything with to show the guests. I have looked at 3 local grocery stores and none had crepes in the produce section near the berries as is suggested on the card, and I found the above items in the frozen section with the ice cream and pies. Can someone please help?! :confused:

Try using wonton wrappers, insteadUse wonton wrappers, spritzed with water, dusted with cinammon & sugar, and baked in the mini muffin pan until the wontons are golden brown. Use the EAD to pipe the mouse in...

Sandy

They are normally in the produce department near the strawberries.

In our Celebrations show guide there is an alternate recipe using phyllo dough. It is so easy and the serving sizes are smaller so the recipe goes much furthur. Plus, you know that that is something that is always available in stores. Try it. I think you will be much happier with the results.

My local grocery store didn't have them in stock either. I happened to walk by a stocker and asked him if I was looking in the right place (produce dept) and he said yes but he didn't see them either. At the same time, the store mgr walked over and asked what I was looking for. I told him and he got on the phone instantly and told me that he would have them in stock starting tomorrow and whenever my customers needed them, he told me to tell them to come to that store b/c the would always be in stock! :D So the moral to the story is just ask a mgr to order them. :)

I will try the wonton wrappers, hopefully they will work better. I have already tried the alternate to the recipe with the phyllo dough and can't get it to work well. I have looked in the produce sections AND talked to workers or managers and no one seems to know anything other than "they used to be here." I followed the directions for the phyllo dough, but they tend to dry out way too fast to finish what I'm doing. Maybe I'll call around to specialty stores or bakeries. :(

Alternate ideaDo you do most of the prep at the show or at home before the show? It sounds like the issue maybe the phyllo dough drying out. Maybe if you are able to do most of them ahead of time, you'd have a better time. You could always demo one or two at the show.

I've done both - prep before the show and at the show - with the same results. :(

Pie Crust works tooHi. I've been using refridgerated pie crust. I roll it out a little thinner with the Baker's Roller, prick it with the pricker thingy (what's that called again?! :p), and use the scallopped bread tube as the cutter, pressing them into the mini tart pan with the tart shaper.

Every time I do this, I sell at least one of the mini tart pan. Everyone loves it!

Happy selling!

nikked said:
Hi. I've been using refridgerated pie crust. I roll it out a little thinner with the Baker's Roller, prick it with the pricker thingy (what's that called again?! :p), and use the scallopped bread tube as the cutter, pressing them into the mini tart pan with the tart shaper.

That is an awesome idea! I think I will try that at my next show. Thanks so much!

1. Has anyone done a Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! show?

Yes, there are many people who have done a Chocolate! Chocolate! Chocolate! show. It is a popular event and there are often multiple shows happening at the same time.

2. I have done 2 so far and have not been happy with it.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's important to constantly evaluate and improve upon your shows to ensure they meet your standards and the expectations of your guests.

3. The recipe for the mousse is great, but the problem is with the crepes - I can't find them!

Crepes can be difficult to find in some areas. Have you tried looking at specialty food stores or asking your local bakery if they sell them? Alternatively, you can also make your own crepes using a simple batter of flour, eggs, milk, and butter.

4. The only thing I have been able to find is phyllo dough sheets, which are okay but very tricky and usually don't turn out looking so great, or pre-made phyllo cups, which are nice to look at, but I can't do anything with to show the guests.

Phyllo dough can be a good substitute for crepes, but it does require some skill and practice to work with. You can try practicing with smaller batches before the show to perfect your technique. As for pre-made phyllo cups, you can use them as a base for your mousse and top them with some chocolate shavings or berries for a simple and elegant presentation.

5. Can someone please help?! :confused:

Of course! You can always reach out to other chocolate show organizers or do some online research for tips and tricks on how to find or make crepes. Don't be afraid to experiment and find what works best for you and your show. Good luck!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Stephanie S
  • pc_jessica
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Malinda Klein
Replies
Views
Admin Greg