• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Chocolate Tips and Fun Facts for Your First Chocolate Theme Show!

In summary, the speaker is preparing for a chocolate-themed show on Friday and is looking for fun facts to share. They will be making Choc Silk Mousse Nests and comparing chocolate chip cookies on different types of baking sheets. The speaker's director has provided some tips and facts for the show. The speaker is excited about the show and hopes it will be a hit. They also share some interesting facts about chocolate, such as its origins and health benefits.
I am doing my first choc. theme show (Mmmmmmmmm) Friday. THe host is extremely enthusiastic, so hopefully it will be a fun show! She has NEVER hosted any kind of demo show before so hopefully that will work out in her favor! She went out and bought a bunch of chocolate liqours and I have some choc theme show tips from my director, but I am wondering if anyone has any fun facts!

We are going to make Choc Silk Mousse Nests(not the crepes) and then also compare choc chip cookies on my stoneware VS her aluminom cookie sheets. I have done this a few times and it is always a big hit! :)
 
i don't remember what's in this file, but I know my director sent it to me and if I'm not mistaken, it has a lot of cute facts....hope this helps!
 

Attachments

  • chocolate facts q and a.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 454
That sounds like such a fun show! Chocolate is always a crowd pleaser, so I'm sure your host and guests will have a great time. It's great that your host is so enthusiastic, that always makes a demo show more enjoyable.As for fun facts about chocolate, did you know that chocolate was first consumed as a bitter drink by the ancient Mayans and Aztecs? It wasn't until Europeans added sugar and milk that it became the sweet treat we know today.Also, dark chocolate is actually good for you in moderation. It contains antioxidants and can help improve heart health. So no need to feel guilty about indulging in some chocolate during the show!I love the idea of comparing chocolate chip cookies on different types of baking sheets. It's always interesting to see how different tools can affect the outcome of a recipe. Good luck with your show and have a great time!
 

1. How can I melt chocolate quickly and without burning it?

One quick tip is to use the microwave in short bursts of 30 seconds, stirring in between each interval. Another option is to use a double boiler, which allows for more controlled and gentle heating.

2. What is the best way to temper chocolate for dipping or coating?

The best way to temper chocolate is to use the seeding method. This involves melting 75% of your chocolate and then adding in the remaining 25% in small pieces, stirring until it is fully melted. This creates a stable and glossy tempered chocolate.

3. Can I use regular chocolate chips for baking or do I need to use baking chocolate?

You can use regular chocolate chips for baking, however they may not hold their shape as well as baking chocolate due to a lower cocoa butter content. If possible, try to use baking chocolate for the best results.

4. How can I make a quick and easy chocolate ganache?

A quick and easy chocolate ganache can be made by heating equal parts heavy cream and chopped chocolate in a saucepan until melted and smooth. This can be used as a glaze, filling, or frosting for your desserts.

5. Can I substitute cocoa powder for melted chocolate in a recipe?

Yes, you can substitute cocoa powder for melted chocolate in a recipe, however it may alter the texture and flavor slightly. For every ounce of melted chocolate, use 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon of butter or oil.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
14
Views
3K
wadesgirl
Replies
4
Views
2K
PamperedGinger
Replies
9
Views
2K
krisPC
Replies
20
Views
2K
raebates
Replies
5
Views
1K
Tammy Eubanks
Replies
2
Views
2K
aried
Replies
8
Views
4K
Marg
Replies
13
Views
2K
punkie1019
Replies
9
Views
2K
Humble Beginnings
Replies
13
Views
7K
JD Gray
Back
Top