• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Celebrating Your Loyal Volunteers: What You Can Do

In summary, the director did not do anything different than before the recruits came on board, but the recruit's FD did invest in her business and take training.
DebPC
Staff member
Do you offer them special perks or recognition? Contests? Have special emails or have a seperate section just for them in your Cluster News? Any special training besides the Step Up Program?

My director didn't do too much, but my SED did bi-weekly coaching calls with me (I don't know if it was the official Step Up program though) and my NED sent me congratulatory emails for each recruit after the 3rd one.

I do regular coaching calls for anyone who wants to promote.

Unfortunately only one has done anything with it. She is SOOO close to director but won't make it by June 30 (5th didn't sign yet). I send her extra goodies and encouragement and we talk at least weekly. She is also the only one who is willing to invest in her business to go to conferences - for now!

When I was a FD my director didn't do anything different than before I had recruits. In fact I found out after the fact that she didn't even communicate with my downline at all. I had kept up (somewhat) with my recruits and coached them about theirs but didn't want their recruits to be overwhelmed by their recruiter, me and my director calling so I didn't. Come to find out they were on their own before I promoted and started my methods of communications. Now no matter who recruits I do the training including the recruiter as much as they want and when I see they are doing it themselves I step back but tell the new recruit that I am here if they need something from me. I keep everyone in the email and newsletter loop. Sandy (FD) does her own training now and uses me as a resource - she's ready!

I also include my FD in the meeting planning and have them take training sections from time to time....

kcont said:
I also include my FD in the meeting planning and have them take training sections from time to time....

That is a great thing to do!!

Unfortunately my FD lives in TX and I'm in NC. I do have her take a leadership part in our conference call and I have encouraged her to hold meetings with her team. They go to hospitality (we are so lucky to have found a great director there) and she does meet separately with her team (coffee-time kind of get togethers).

1. How can I show appreciation to my volunteers?

There are many ways to show appreciation to your loyal volunteers. Some ideas include hosting a recognition event, giving out personalized gifts or certificates, sending handwritten thank-you notes, or publicly acknowledging their contributions on social media or in your organization's newsletter.

2. What are some low-cost ways to celebrate volunteers?

Celebrating your volunteers doesn't have to break the bank. You can show your appreciation through simple gestures like providing snacks or coffee during volunteer shifts, offering discounts or freebies from your organization's partners or sponsors, or creating a volunteer appreciation wall with photos and quotes from volunteers.

3. How can I involve volunteers in planning a recognition event?

Involving volunteers in the planning process can make them feel even more appreciated and valued. Consider forming a volunteer committee to help with event planning and soliciting ideas from volunteers on how they would like to be recognized. This also gives them a sense of ownership and allows them to contribute to the event in a meaningful way.

4. What are some creative ways to recognize volunteers?

There are endless possibilities for recognizing volunteers in unique and creative ways. You could create a "volunteer of the month" program, host a volunteer awards ceremony, or create a volunteer appreciation video featuring thank-you messages from staff and clients. You could also personalize gifts with inside jokes or memories from volunteering experiences.

5. How often should I celebrate and recognize my volunteers?

It's important to regularly show appreciation to your volunteers, but the frequency will depend on your organization and the availability of resources. Some organizations choose to recognize volunteers once a year during National Volunteer Week, while others may have monthly or quarterly recognition events. It's also important to recognize volunteers throughout the year through small gestures or verbal appreciation to maintain their motivation and engagement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CoidgigBese
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Karen Weber
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cincychef
  • DuenFounnyHok