• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Carving Set from Outlet: Experiences & Info Requested

In summary, the platter is a beautiful setting for any of the 12" skillet cakes and even more gorgeous when it is sitting on the Woven Selections round tray. The outlet went up to $20 when you went through CC?? I ordered the set yesterday and it was $17 since I went through CC.
Belle4562
I am thinking about getting the carving set with the vanilla plate from the outlet ($17). Does anyone have any experience with this or info? Thanks in advance!

I have it and love it. Well worth the $17

Worth EVERY cent!!! :D

Awesome - I'm ordering one for myself and one for my mom! Thanks for the help!

I have the plate. Love it. Wish we had it again!

Is the plate a stone? If so does it cook like a reg stone?

It's glazed stoneware. Doesn't quite cook like a regular stone since it's glazed on all sides. But it's great for keeping things warm - you can heat it up in the oven and it'll stay warm for a long time.

The Vanilla platter is a gorgeous setting for any of the 12" skillet cakes and even more gorgeous when it is sitting on the Woven Selections round tray. We are so hooked on the 12 inch skillet cakes. They are so much easier and neater to serve. I never make a 2 layer cake anymore. It's either a microwave cake or a skillet cake; the jury is still out on the torte pans. They have not won my heart yet.​

This is such a good bargain! I've had a couple people order it & were so excited at the deal!

OK, a quick question. I have a friend that ordered this set, and she just recently told me that the serving plate is convex instead of concave, meaning that the plate doesn't curve to make a rim to hold juices, but curves the opposite way down, so that you can't really use it for carving meat, or much else. Is this normal? Given that this is from the outlet, is there anything she can do about it if it is wrong? It seems so odd to me (I haven't actually seen it) that I feel bad if she is stuck with a useless plate...

The platter should be completely flat, except for the decorative ridges around the edge. It also wasn't originally marketed as a carving platter, but as a serving platter. Just a subtle difference: for a serving platter, carve items on a cutting/carving board and then transfer them to the platter for serving, rather than carving right on the platter.Unfortunately, because it's from the outlet, it's guaranteed against breakage in shipment only.

Thanks Ann, I figured she was out of luck, but I wanted to check what the platter is supposed to look like. It still seems that hers is probably not right... Even for serving it seems like it won't work too well. I'll have to try and see it when I'm at her house on Friday.

Maybe I can see if she'd be interested in the bamboo carving board... :)

OH ... I wish you could toss outlet items on a show because I really would like to have this ... I am sick and tired of putting my large cakes on my round stone, or on a 14 inch plastic plate I pick up from the dollar store!

Di - get the SA round platter - you can use it at your shows and its great for cakes and pizzas and rings!! I love mine!

I wish I could but I just can't swing it right now ... besides, everyday storage would be an issue. Besides, I could show this at shows and talk about the outlet ... and also point out that PC now offers a better one that is on special in October for hosts ...

Just noticed that the outlet one went up to $20. But I didn't notice the carving set had a honing case, which is handy. It would be a nifty thing to use to carve the 30 minute chicken ...

the outlet went up to $20 when you went through CC?? I ordered the set yesterday and it was $17 since I went through CC. Doesn't it have the honing case on the side? Thats what it looked like to me. I got the smaller plates at conference during surprise pack time as a trade and now I'll have the platter to match! :)

I really like it. I purchased it without even realizing the platter came with it. I would have bee happy with just the carving set alone. Now I may order some more for gifts.

Not through CC ... through my PWS. So I guess I'd save a few if I got it from there ... but then, if I ordered it from my PWS I'd make $4 in commission ...

AnnieBee said:
OK, a quick question. I have a friend that ordered this set, and she just recently told me that the serving plate is convex instead of concave, meaning that the plate doesn't curve to make a rim to hold juices, but curves the opposite way down, so that you can't really use it for carving meat, or much else. Is this normal? Given that this is from the outlet, is there anything she can do about it if it is wrong? It seems so odd to me (I haven't actually seen it) that I feel bad if she is stuck with a useless plate...

If it is missshapen she can return it even though she got it from the outlet. Things purchased through the outlet are guaranteed to arrive in good condition - not broken and not defective. Like Ann said though, it is not a carving plate, it is a serving plate. She can however cut food on it without harming it. Another feature is that she can place a hot stone on top of it and it will withstand the heat*. I use it to serve things like touchdown taco dip. The TDTD goes in the mini baker and right out of the oven onto the platter and then tortillas around the hot bowl. Works and looks great.

Have her call HO and explain that it's shaped wrong. They should exchange it for her.

*ETA: I called and asked the test kitchens about this when they had a picture of a mini baker with a hot dip in it right on the platter. I didn't want to break mine but they told me it was safe. I would not do that with the SA platter though. When serving similar recipes I put the hot pad trivet under the mini baker. Looks fine and protects my SA platter.

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info Beth. I was thinking that it would suck to not be able to return something that arrived "not working". Unfortunately she ordered it a while ago. I'll have to try to see it, and if it really is like she is describing it, see if she would want to pay to return it. Or she could buy another set for a gift, but keep the platter!

Also good to know about putting hot things on it :). You're awesome Beth!

I have thought seriously about buying a few for Christmas gifts. With the quality of PC who wouldn't want one for a gift? Like Annie said buy the set and you can split it and make two different gifts if need be.

1. What is included in the carving set from the outlet?

The carving set from the outlet includes a carving knife and a carving fork. These tools are designed specifically for carving meat and can also be used for slicing fruits and vegetables.

2. Is the carving set dishwasher safe?

Yes, the carving set from the outlet is dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash for optimal care and longevity.

3. Can the carving set be used for both cooked and raw meat?

Yes, the carving set can be used for both cooked and raw meat. However, it is important to properly clean and sanitize the tools after each use to prevent cross-contamination.

4. How durable is the carving set from the outlet?

The carving set is made with high-quality materials and is designed to be durable and long-lasting. With proper care, it can withstand frequent use without any issues.

5. Is the carving set covered by a warranty?

Yes, the carving set from the outlet is covered by a limited lifetime warranty. This means that if there are any defects in materials or workmanship, the set will be replaced or repaired free of charge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • j&k'smom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
j&k'smom
  • chefbilyeu