• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go

In summary, I have been having a really hard time keeping my business going. I became a director really fast and now I feel really stressed because I have to keep my five girls active. I think I want to relinquish my director status because with school, work, and planning a wedding, I don't have enough time for everything.
randis
I have been a consultant for a year now. I am having a horrible time keeping steady business.

I became a director really fast (promoted December 1) and now i feel horribly stressed because of trying to keep my 5 girls active so that I can stay a director. I was shooting for London, but now am just shooting for staying active.

I think that I want to relinquish my director status because with PC, work, going to college, planning a wedding and taking care of 5 dogs and a hubby (well soon to be) I am pulled too thin, and feel that I am not contributing enough to anything ( I am already failing one class). When "life" happens I don't have enough of me to try and eliminate the problem or fix it....

I guess I just need some encouragement....I am in a horribly low place in my business and not sure if its worth it anymore.....

First of all, you must be doing something right if you promoted! I am also having retention problems with my 6 girls and am stressing over May.

I wouldn't give up on PC so quickly. I have been down and out maaaaany times and have bounced back gracefully. It's an awesome company to be a part of and working as hard as you did to get Directorsip is a big deal!

The thing about PC is you can work it however you want to. If school is the issue right now, then PC needs to be on the backburner (as in do less shows) and your team needs a fire lit under their behinds to stick with it. I have offered incentives in March and April for whoever beat me in sales and in May I believe my own Director is helping me with an incentive (because if I lose my Directorship she loses her Adv. Directorship).

I know how it feels to be stretched thin, I've got 2 little ones, a part time job as well as PC and am in the middle of selling my house and then making a 3,000 mile move. At the same time I am dealing with team members who seem to have fallen off the face of the earth. So I am right there with you.

When is the wedding? I bet after that is over, the stress will die down. Is school year round? Maybe take the spring or summer semester off to just chill before you have a mental breakdown!

Hugs, I think you're doing a great job if you've made it this far!!!

I agree with Cat ... I mean if you made it this far you have to be doing something right, right? Maybe instead of doing alot of shows, you can focus on catalog shows or internet sales. Maybe focus on recruiting more so your current team is pulled or make you feel like your being pulled? Those are all the ideas i have right now, but your doing an awesome job! I wish i could accomplish all of those ... I've doing pc a year and dont have any recruits, so keep up, chin up and realize that your only human. put school and your fiance first and cut down alittle on pc and try to get sales some other way?

thanks for the positive encouragment...

Our wedding is next Jan, and altho I have the big stuff taken care of, dress, hall, food, linens...I am stressed about the flowers, cake, kilts (yes kilts) and the honeymoon....

I guess things are bit better today, just had a show and it will be over 700 in sales when done, to bad she couldn't have had it yesterday, I was 700 away from my mid season products.....oh well :)

Keep the faith, being new I do not have much advice, just a friendly ear!!

Thats right, it was just a bad day! I remember freaking out about my wedding (I was trying to plan it long distance) and right now, I can HONESTLY say, pick what you like, dont worry about it anymore ...you will not even remember the flowers etc after the wedding, just that you are now married. About the honeymoon, is that something you can trust your fiance to take care of? Give him some ideas on what you want, etc and have him surprise you. Wouldnt it be nice to be surprised by your new husband by him doing something so romantic like planning your honeymoon?! Just remember, take it easy, delegate and have FUN ... because really thats all your gonna remember! Good luck and congrats on that awesome show!

Sounds like everyone has been giving you great advice. I too recommend doing catalogue shows during this hectic time in your life. Believe me, I understand. I juggled school (masters program), kids, and work and there were so many times when I wanted to jump ship. I wasn't doing PC then but I do understand what you're going through.

Try to stick w/PC; I've only been a consultant one month and I'm so impressed with the company, the people on my own team, and of course folks on this website. You're doing something right to have made it all the way to director. Keep your chin up. Sendiing hugs to you!

-Lisa

My director always says "recruiting solves everything" so go find yourself some more team members!

DebbieJ said:
My director always says "recruiting solves everything" so go find yourself some more team members!

:D ROLFLMAO!!! Isn't that sooooooooo true -- stinkin Directors!!!

~ they are always right.... :eek:

I feel your pain.... Being a Director does take more time and energy...

I too have a "challenged" team and they need lots of encouragement...

HANG in THERE... This is a great company and they give you lots of lattitude when you need it - I have never worked for or with a company that strives for your success like PC does...

(((((HUGS)))))

Gina LOL those stinkin directors! nice that you can talk about yourself that way LOL

Randis, before I signed with PC this past month, I asked 2 former consultants what they liked/disliked about PC and why they gave up their business. They BOTH gave me near identical answers. They had a long list of likes and NOT ONE dislike. Both deactivated during transitional times in their life - new babies, new jobs. Both said they wished they'd just hung in a little longer during the transition and kept working their business.

That's so true, Jules. I have never talked to a former consultant who quit because they didn't like doing the PC thing.

thats awesome, and so encouraging! i came into contact with a former pc consulatant and she just raved about all the products! i loved it

A couple of my really good customers are past consultants. I keep reminding them that they can return to it any time.

You have to prioritize - What is the most important at this moment? Keep your team pumped up by finding out what their goals are - That keeps them motivated. School is probably the priority because exams are probably coming up so you need to take care of that. Wedding Planning is all about priroities too and also see if you can delegate a little. My MOH was no help but yours or your mom might be able to help a little. THE big things about your wedding is the most important thing is your hubby not your guests. It's a magical day but only the first day of the most important part - the marriage.

Great advice Kathy...

Related to Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go

1. What exactly is "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go"?

"Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of tasks such as scooping, measuring, and transferring ingredients. It's a must-have for any kitchen and can save you time and space by eliminating the need for multiple tools.

2. Is "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" dishwasher safe?

Yes, "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong its lifespan.

3. What materials is "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" made of?

"Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" is made of durable and food-safe plastic, making it perfect for use with both hot and cold ingredients.

4. Can "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" be used for both wet and dry ingredients?

Yes, "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" is designed to work with both wet and dry ingredients. Its unique shape and design make it easy to scoop and transfer everything from flour and sugar to liquids like broth or sauce.

5. How much does "Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" hold?

"Can't Think of Where Else This Would Go" has a capacity of 1 cup, making it perfect for measuring and portioning ingredients for recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• blarrabee
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • pampermejolene
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampermejolene
Replies