• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director How to Motivate When Your in a Funk?

In summary, Krissy is having a tough time and is looking for advice. She is also looking for ways to not pass her "blah" to her team. She has come to the realization that she needs to focus on her actions and not her peers.
imported_pckrissy
any suggestions are welcomed!!

I have my team meeting Tues and I am trying to stay upbeat but I feel like I am in a funk personally and with my business. My June has tanked and with all the things I have going on personally I didn't try to salvage it (horrible I know!!) I guess my concern is I don't want any of my "blah" to get passed on to my team ( actually 2 other director's have their team members attending my meeting because they have cancelled their own)

I want to inspire, encourage and motivate ....but right now I'm having a hard time motivating myself!!
hope this makes sense!

Sorry you're having a tough time. We have all been there.

How about doing something like a "Ignite your fire" theme for the meeting? Have everyone say why they started, what their business would look like if they had no limitations and then brainstorm together.

Are the other directors going to be at the meeting? You could each take a different part of the business and do something with getting excited about going green and motivation re: booking, host coaching, recruiting...

What about doing a baseball theme since it's baseball season? Each base is a different part of the business. To get a home run they each have to give ideas on the part that you assign to each base.

What is it that would motivate YOU right now? Train on that - it will not only help them but you too!

...just a few thoughts.

thanks beth,those are good ideas...
no the other directors aren't going to be here :(

I have certainly been there. And you're right to not pass it on to your team.
Do you have some on your team who are doing well? Call them and you will catch their enthusiasm. Even excited new consultants will help you.

I was surely in a funk yesterday and today I do feel better. I am having a bout of real insecurity. Last week I saw one of my downline booked a party with my hairdresser of countless years, the same one did a party with one of my yearly people's good friend and the yearly person booked from her in August. Another consultant had a party with a retired employee of mine that I got along with well. And the people I am calling are all saying no. If I didn't have a team under me, would be entertaining bad thoughts.:(

Thanks for all the advice....turns out NO ONE from my team showed up to my meeting but 2 girls from one of the others did....two of my girls are doing fantastic...i am really looking forward to leadership to put a nice footprint on my behind! I need pc on so many levels and my attitude is not in the right place!
Not that I'm glad you have been here, but it makes me feel a little better to know we all go through this and some make it out! :) I plan to do just that....
Thanks again :)

Keep your focus on your actions and why PC is so important to you. I have to not focus on how many don't take advantage of it to help me keep the "gremlins" away!!

A few years back I was discouraged because my team wasn't recruiting and it seemed like everytime I mentioned the "R" word I was met with looks similar to deer caught in headlights, looks of "if I pretend I don't hear her, I won't have to get out of my comfort zone", etc.!!! I bet you all know what I am talking about!!

I realized that fear of their looks were more of my focus than where I wanted them to go. So my focus was to not only mention the word, but to talk about the who, what, how and why at EVERY meeting.

Skin crawled, people shifted in their seats, but I ignored it all and kept talking about it. Please realize that I did not drone on about it or did not apply pressure, but just talked about it. Even pointing out the "uncomfortable" feelings they may have.

It took tons of time and some new team members later (who heard it from the start) and my team grew.

In writing this, I see I need to take my own advise! Thanks for the reminder:)

Krissy, I'm sorry that no on e showed from your own team but just b/c they don't show up doesn't mean they aren't working their business. Good Luck with your superstars and I'll see you in a couple weeks. Can't wait for you to be my roomie! ;)

"Don't let others determine the level of your success." When very successful people are interviewed- it's amazing how many were told no or failed, or filed for bankruptcy many times. The key is- they never gave up even though everyone thought they should. Never give up!

1. How can I stay motivated when I'm feeling unmotivated?

One way to stay motivated when you're in a funk is to set small, achievable goals. This will give you a sense of accomplishment and help you regain your motivation. Additionally, try surrounding yourself with positive and supportive people, or find a mentor who can offer guidance and encouragement.

2. What are some tips for staying motivated at work?

To stay motivated at work, try to find purpose in your work and remind yourself of your long-term goals. It can also help to break up your tasks into smaller, manageable chunks and reward yourself after completing them. Taking breaks and practicing self-care can also help to maintain motivation.

3. How can I motivate myself to exercise when I'm feeling low?

When you're feeling unmotivated to exercise, try finding a workout buddy or join a fitness class to hold yourself accountable. Setting realistic and achievable fitness goals, such as running a 5k or lifting a certain amount of weight, can also provide motivation. Additionally, try switching up your routine or finding a type of exercise that you enjoy.

4. What are some ways to stay motivated when working towards a big goal?

When working towards a big goal, it can be helpful to break it down into smaller, more manageable steps. This will make the goal seem less daunting and give you a sense of progress and accomplishment. It can also be motivating to visualize yourself achieving the goal and reminding yourself of why it's important to you.

5. How can I motivate myself to cook when I'm feeling uninspired?

To stay motivated in the kitchen, try exploring new recipes or cooking with friends or family. Setting a specific goal, such as trying a new recipe once a week, can also provide motivation. Additionally, listening to music or a podcast while cooking can make the task more enjoyable and help to boost motivation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • cookingwithlove