• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can't Contact Host...frustrated!!!

In summary, the host did not respond to either email or phone call. This suggests that she is not going to show up.
spoiledchef
Okay, so I got a booking from a March 2nd show. We booked this gal's show for April 29th. I gave her the packet back in March. I mailed her the guest list (I'm mailing out invites) in plenty of time, and it was due back to me by the 12th of April. Well, it's now the 19th, and I've YET to receive a guest list. I've emailed her 3 times, called her 4 times, and she refuses to contact me back. The gal she booked from is her neighbor, and I hate to keep bugging her but b/c we're friends I'll ask her if she's seen her or what not. This host will NOT contact me. I've reassured her that if we need to reschedule, I'm fine with that, but I NEED TO KNOW!!! I don't know what to do now.

Have you asked your friend what's going on. Is it school vacation week in Georgia, they could have gone away. I would ask your friend if she has seen her she could now that they are away. If she is home I would call and email one more time saying if you don't get a call/email back by ____date you are going to assume the show is cancelled. I have to say I have not had this happen to me (yet) but that is what I would do. Good luck.

Yes, I know she's in town. I actually emailed my friend this morning, and she called to tell me to call now b/c the host was home. Well, I did, and she didn't even answer the phone. So...is she avoiding my calls? All she has to do is cancel or postpone...I mean...come on now. ARRGGGH

I had a hostess do that to me. I send out post cards - so she was getting a card at least once a week. I finally called her DIL and she had given me a number that they don't answer. She didn't want to have the show. HELLLOOOO - couldn't she call and tell me???

I would call your host and leave a friendly, but firm message. "Hi, this is ---. I have you scheduled for a show on 4-29. Please give me a call back by 4-21 to confirm and pick out a menu. If I don't hear from you, I will assume you would like to reschedule." I'm pretty sure you won't hear from her again.

Or you can leave a message saying....Hi _____, this is _____. I've tried to reach you numerous times and have been unable to do so. I have your show on my calendar for _____ at ____ oclock. If I don't hear from you by _____ to choose a recipe, I will choose it for you and you can reimburse me at your show. So if I don't hear from you, I'll see you _____

Then she'll definitely call; panicking that you ARE coming LOL :D

I agree with JodiThat should get her on the phone, and quickly!

Diane

that may or may not work...be careful not to waste your time and money. i had a host that avoided me after her show was over, not closed, just over. i called and emailed manytimes over a 2 week period and finally told her i was going to pick out her free stuff if she didnt contact me. guess what? i had to pick it out and havent heard from her since (thank God!). just be careful

I had a show scheduled with a host for April 22, I sent out her host packet right before she was going on vacation. I told her I would call her a couple of days after she got back to give her time to get back on schedule. She has 4 kids, she is going to school and works at the post office. I tried to call her and her son answered and said can she call you back, for some reason I got a bad vibe from that phone call. I immediately e-mailed her to remind her of her show date and to let her know that I mailed a menu to her. I also told her that I understood that she was very busy especially just getting back from vacation and that I had a cancellation on the 29th if she would like to move her show out a week. Two days later no response to my e-mail or phone call.:mad: I wasn't real sure how to handle it but I did not like not knowing if I was doing the show or not, plus it was a Saturday and I only do 2 Saturday shows a month. Soooo I called back (got answering machine, I hate caller I.D.) and said "Hi, this is Jayne w/The Pampered Chef and I have tried to reach you several times and since I have not heard back from you I am assuming that you are very busy and this is just not a good time for you to host a show. Why don't you give me a call when your not so busy and we'll set up a new date that will work better for you"! She called me back a half hour later and asked if I still had the 29th open. So I still have my show just a different weekend! I will keep you posted as to wheather she keeps this date or not!!:rolleyes: (Thank God for overbooking the calender, that could have really messed up my SS#2 month).:mad: And thanks to my sister I earned my "New Products" yeaaaaah!!:D

Last edited:
I like to take the approach of saying "If I don't hear from your I will assume that the show is still on and I will bring the ingredients and you can reembruise me."

Here is why. They are more likely to call you back, especiall if they think you might show up and they don't want the party. Then if they call you it gives you the chance to talk to them. Find out if they even want a party yet or if they want to reschedule. She may be avoiding you because she thinks you wouldn't show up and she doesn't have to face you to tell you she doesn't want the show.

When you pick the recipe to make, make sure it's something your family likes. This way if you do go there and she doesn't answer the door you can go home and make the recipe for your family instead!!!

I have done it both ways (Saying I will be there if I don't hear from you and saying I will assume the show is canceled.) Each time I assumed the show was canceled I never heard back from the host. Each time I said I will assume the show is on I get a call back saying either the show is on OR they need to reschedule.

Have you tried calling from another phone? She probably has called ID and is screening her calls. I've done that where I call from my home phone and get no answer and right after I use my cell phone and they pick up. Waa Laa!! Or try blocking your number when you call. *67 I think is what you use to block the call.

I agree with calling either from a different number or using *67. It has worked for me like a charm. And it's kind of funny how flustered people sound when they accidentally picked up the phone and realized it was you.

There is a point though, when we just have to not waste any more time with people who choose to take the rude road and ignore you.

Can you *67 from a cell phone? Thanks.

yes you can i have done it lots of times

Okay, after talking to my friend (who happens to be the neighbor and also in direct sales), I called and left this message:

Hi ____, this is Sherrie with The Pampered Chef. I was calling to confirm your show on Saturday, April 29th, at 3:00pm. I wanted to let you know that I'll be there at 2:15, and since we haven't picked a recipe yet, I'll just pick one and bring the ingredients. You can then reimburse me for the ingredients, or I'll take the credit from your free products. I'm assuming you've already personally invited all of your friends since I haven't heard from you, and I thank you for that. Please give me a call at ***-****. Thanks."

So, we shall see if she actually calls me back. My friend said her hubby was home now, and he didn't answer the phone either. But -- he may call her on her cell, and then I'll get a call back. I'd be calling if I were here, but we'll see. LOL!

I think that was perfect...now you have to decide if you actually want to show up to her house if you don't hear back from her!

Well, my friend said if she hasn't called me by the day before the show to call her, and she'll tell me if she's home or not. This girl has kids, so I don't think she'd go out of her way to avoid me by finding something to occupy her while I "showed up". But -- one never knows. And -- she's close, so I may just show up. Now, to pick something CHEAP that my family will eat. Any ideas? LOL!

I would go with the Taco Ring, my family loves it and it is cheap!!

I thought I'd update you all on this host. Well, I left that message last week. I'm STILL waiting to hear from her. Even after saying, "I'll be there at 2:15 with the ingredients in hand."... She still hasn't called me back. Now, that's just RUDE!!!!!!

I agree!! Extremely RUDE. Good luck with her and your show. Stay positive (I know, impossible) you never know, you may have a huge show. :) :D

The thing is...she hasn't sent out invites b/c I never got a guest list. So, I don't even know if anyone will be there...INCLUDING her!!! :)

Well, she FINALLY emailed me this morning only to cancel. I knew this was coming. Oh well, better luck next time, eh? ;)

At least she FINALLY contacted you and you didn't show up to a house with no guests. Some people don't understand that this is our job, and we depend on the money, and bookings. Good luck, and hey, you get an evening with your family!!

I really dislike dealing with people like this, but....now you know that this trick works in getting them to contact you!

I am sure she emailed you to cancel because she didn't want you to ask why she has not returned any calls and why she was canceling. Well at least you know and you did not show up with no host at home.

I'm curiousDid she say why she was cancelling? Did she mention anything in the email about rescheduling? Or why she never contacted you?
I doubt it but I was curious!
It's a shame some people are so inconsiderate and rude. I hope you don't have to deal with this person again.
I understand some people will put up with so much junk from people if they think the show sales will be big, but I would rather not deal with the headache.
The show I did on April 15th still hasn't closed because the host is really slow at getting her final orders and money together. She expected me to collect the orders for her since she lives out of town and everyone lives in town, but I told her that's not my responsibility. I told her politely that she needs to get everything together and get it to me. I even offered to go to her work at lunch time to pick up the money and orders tomorrow. She said ok.
She has given me nothing but trouble and her show was only $220! I do not plan to work with her again. She even told me she wanted the cookware set as her half price, and that her friends would order cookware also.
And what happens...Nothing! She said she couldn't afford it after all, her friends couldn't either. Thanks to my husband I never count my chickens before their hatched, and it's a good thing too. I was a little disappointed but my hostess this weekend will definitely make up for it.
She's getting the 12 piece set at half price and she always sells lots of stuff for me!!
Debbie

1. Why can't I contact my host?

There could be a few reasons why you are having trouble contacting your host. It's possible that their contact information has changed or they are currently busy. It's also possible that there is a technical issue with the contact information provided to you. If you are still unable to reach your host, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

2. How can I get in touch with my host?

The best way to contact your host is by using the contact information provided to you by Pampered Chef. This could be their phone number, email address, or a social media link. If you are having trouble reaching them, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

3. My host is not responding to my messages, what should I do?

If your host is not responding to your messages, it's possible that they are busy or their contact information has changed. We recommend trying to reach out to them through a different method, such as calling if you have been emailing. If you are still unable to contact your host, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

4. Can I contact my host through the Pampered Chef website?

Currently, we do not have a feature on our website to directly contact your host. Please use the contact information provided to you by your host to get in touch with them. If you are having trouble contacting your host, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

5. What should I do if I can't contact my host and I have a question about my order?

If you are unable to contact your host and have a question about your order, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to help answer any questions you may have and assist you with any concerns regarding your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pckellyd
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Suzyengl