• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Substitute Turkey Legs in a Turkey Ring Recipe?

I usually buy the pre-cooked turkey legs in the deli section.I've also used the frozen pre-packaged deli turkey. It works out just as well.
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I have a host who is wanting to make this, but doesn't want to purchase a 12lb. turkey to get 2 cups. What do you all do?

Get a turkey breast or make it with chicken.

Does it come in a can? I know that sounds dingy, she is wanting to do it as cheap as possible; but still wants to do turkey

I think you can get turkey in a can.

If I make it with canned chicken or even fresh chicken and if you can get canned turkey... I always say that "as good as this is you should taste it with left over turkey! YUM!"

Thanks, I knew you would know Beth:D :D :D

Turkey RingI bake turkey legs because I don't like to heat the house up. Then I take off the bones.:)

Can you use deli turkey or is that just gross??

Make it with canned chicken instead of turkey?

Sometimes you can find the precooked turkey in the refrigerator section with the chicken. I like to use that so it doesn't have that "Canned" flavor. If I can't find that I pick up a pack of turkey cutlets or ground turkey. They're easier to cook. :D

Butcher shop area...I know that at Super Target, they have fresh uncooked turkey breast filets in the raw meat cooler. I'm sure you could find it in most of the bigger grocery stores in the butcher shop area. AWESOME dish, btw! My kids loved it and 2 of the 3 don't even like cranberries. :D

Aldi's also used to sell frozen uncooked turkey breast roasts (boneless breasts held together by netting, which I'm sure would be AWESOME in the new covered baker). They're a little bigger, but the host could always use the chopper and make some really yummy turkey salad with mayo, celery (optional), green onions, some rubbed sage, golden raisins or some of the dried cranberries that are left over, and pepper to taste.

I did this recipe last fall ALOT and I had my hosts get a couple of small cans of turkey. It was delicious and works great. I sold alot of can openers the too...

I had a host have the deli cut their turkey super thick and we chopped that up.

But the recipe was NOT GOOD! I'd go for a whole different recipe next time, nobody at that show will ever be making the Turkey Ring again!

I've used chicken and it's great!

Are you talking about the Turkey Cranberry Wreathe? I make that recipe ALL the time. I get rave reviews. It's soooo good... everyone loves it!!

I have made it with deli turkey and it works out well. I have even used the pre-packaged deli turkey and then I chop it with the food chopper. Have been using that recipe for years!! YUM YUM!! :)

Good luck!
Jaye

turkey legsI know this would be darker turkey meat but in our WalMart deli they sell cooked turkey legs in a sleeve.. she could de-bone that too unless she insists on the white meat.

Related to Can You Substitute Turkey Legs in a Turkey Ring Recipe?

1. What is a Turkey Ring?

A Turkey Ring is a unique cooking tool from Pampered Chef that allows you to make a delicious and festive turkey-shaped dish. It is made of stoneware and is designed to be used in the oven.

2. How do I use the Turkey Ring?

To use the Turkey Ring, simply place your desired ingredients inside the ring, such as ground turkey or stuffing, and bake according to the recipe instructions. Once cooked, you can use the Turkey Ring to create a fun and impressive presentation for your dish.

3. Can the Turkey Ring be used for anything other than turkey?

Yes! While the Turkey Ring is specifically designed for making turkey-shaped dishes, it can also be used for other recipes, such as meatloaf or casseroles. The possibilities are endless!

4. Is the Turkey Ring dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Turkey Ring is dishwasher safe for easy cleanup. However, please note that it is recommended to hand wash the stoneware in order to preserve its quality and prolong its lifespan.

5. Can I use the Turkey Ring in the microwave?

No, the Turkey Ring is not microwave safe. It is designed to be used in the oven only. Please do not attempt to use it in the microwave as it may cause damage to the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lauradahl
  • sailorsarah
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • k1tchng0ddess
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies