• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Make Candies on Stoneware? Experience and Tips

In summary, you can pour hot peanut brittle onto the stones. You do not need to oil the stones, but be sure to take the candy out while it's still pliable or you will have to start over. If it is hard, it is impossible to remove the candy without breaking it. Follow Beth's tips and you too can make this candy.
Ann F
Gold Member
My customer wants to know if she can pour (hot) peanut brittle onto our stones. I didn't know if that would "shock" them or not. Anyone have any candy making experience with our stones?

Yes she can! I make microwave peanut brittle and pour it into my medium bar pan lined with parchment paper. Didn't have to oil the pan, so there wasn't an oily bottom! :D

Lee Anne

yum... y'all make me want candy now... :p (we need a drooling icon)

There is a Show Stoppers behind CC that shows how to make candy hearts using the molds. I think you just melt Jolly Ranchers or something like that. You could check that out to see what, if any prep work needs to go into the stone.

cmdtrgd said:
There is a Show Stoppers behind CC that shows how to make candy hearts using the molds. I think you just melt Jolly Ranchers or something like that. You could check that out to see what, if any prep work needs to go into the stone.
You need to oil the stone well and be sure to take the candy out while it's still a little pliable or you'll have to start over. Once it's hard it's impossible to get it out of the mold without breaking it.

BethCooks4U said:
You need to oil the stone well and be sure to take the candy out while it's still a little pliable or you'll have to start over. Once it's hard it's impossible to get it out of the mold without breaking it.

Follow Beth's tips and you too can do this! I'm not known for being creative or handy (better with a hammer than cookware) and I managed to pull off the Jolly Rancher trick. Use your small saute pan to melt the Jolly Ranchers.

I thought that the stoneware wasn't supposed to be exposed to instant extreme temperature changes - Hot or Cold? Aren't you afraid of breaking the stoneware by making candy in it? Especially something like peanut brittle as it is quite hot when it comes out of the pan? If it did break because of that would PC honor the warranty? (assuming you tell them thr truth about how it happened)

Thanks, just trying to get a better understanding on other uses. Especially with the holidays not far away. If this is an alternate use it would make for a great selling tip.

Lidna

What is the best type of stoneware to use for candymaking?

The best type of stoneware to use for candymaking is unglazed stoneware. This type of stoneware has a porous surface that allows for even heat distribution and prevents the candy from sticking to the pan.

Can I use stoneware for making all types of candy?

Yes, stoneware can be used for making all types of candy, including hard candies, fudge, and caramels. However, it is important to follow the recipe and temperature guidelines for each type of candy to ensure proper cooking and avoid burning.

Do I need to grease my stoneware before making candy?

No, stoneware does not need to be greased before making candy. The porous surface of the stoneware will prevent the candy from sticking to the pan.

How do I clean my stoneware after making candy?

To clean your stoneware after making candy, simply wash it with warm water and mild soap. Avoid using harsh cleaners or abrasive materials, as they can damage the stoneware's surface. Allow the stoneware to dry completely before storing.

Can stoneware be used in the microwave for candymaking?

No, stoneware should not be used in the microwave for candymaking. Stoneware is designed for use in conventional ovens and can crack or break if exposed to extreme temperatures, such as those found in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• christyh
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • chefjessicah