• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Help My Friend Win a Costume Contest for Her Daughter?

everyone on campus is parking in lots.South: A 2 hour drive and the only parking is in a lot that costs $10.
jrstephens
Please vote for my friends child’s costume (Goldilocks)! It is Ensley Jordan, Auburn, AL, should be at the bottom of the page when you click on the link below.

http://sillycakescontest.womansday.com/Default.aspx?directory=772&sortorder=Descending&sort=Name&page=10

She does her own costumes and pics. Those are her three dogs in the pic with her daughter. She is so creative! and is thinking of opening a studio.

Voted...good luck to your friend, very cute! Saw one picture Pebbles with Dino had 2,100+ votes!

I voted as well GL.

War Eagle!
jrstephens said:
Please vote for my friends child’s costume (Goldilocks)! It is Ensley Jordan, Auburn, AL, should be at the bottom of the page when you click on the link below.

http://sillycakescontest.womansday.com/Default.aspx?directory=772&sortorder=Descending&sort=Name&page=10

She does her own costumes and pics. Those are her three dogs in the pic with her daughter. She is so creative! and is thinking of opening a studio.
I'm totally high jacking this thread! WAR EAGLE! My husband and I met and graduated from Auburn...of course I'll vote for her!!!!!:D
(Oh and please don't burst my bubble and say she is transplant who roots Alabama:eek: )

missyciccolella said:
I'm totally high jacking this thread! WAR EAGLE! My husband and I met and graduated from Auburn...of course I'll vote for her!!!!!:D
(Oh and please don't burst my bubble and say she is transplant who roots Alabama:eek: )

Unfortunately she has always rooted for Auburn! HA!! You can tell I am Alabama of course! ROLL TIDE!

Last edited:
I just voted as well... very cute! I can't imagine how long it took to get cooperation for that picture! lol

From one Auburn fan to another.....War Eagle! (I went to Auburn too)

I voted for your friend.

If you clear your cookies and go back in, you can vote more than once. I think that is how a lot of them are getting so many votes.

She does great at pics! Her dogs are about totally odedient trained. She trains them to the tee. And luckily for her, Alanah (her daughter) is very cooperative in taking pics - she has been trained for birth.

Can she come to train my dog... and my kids?! lol

ahammons said:
Can she come to train my dog... and my kids?! lol

I have asked the same question about my dog! HA!! She did go through obedient school with her first dog and then she trained the other two as she got them herself.

Maybe we should try obedient classes for our dog! She's usually very well behaved, besides all the barking when someone is near the house (she's a german shepherd, so that's pretty normal). While DH's away, she's staying with my dad - but now she's so hyper! I don't know what's gotten into her.

As far as kids sitting for pictures - your friend must know something I don't! lol Mine act like we're trying to kill them by getting professional pictures done (me taking them at home are usually okay, depending on the day :) )

War Eagle here too!!!!
missyciccolella said:

Missy, I graduated from AU in 1988! I am originally from Ozark (close to Dothan) and see that you are here in Virginia with me! The folks here just don't "get it" when it comes to football, but they are better here than where we lived in NC!!!

chefmeg said:
The folks here just don't "get it" when it comes to football, but they are better here than where we lived in NC!!!

Hijack alert!

Oh, that reminds me of one of the funniest football things I ever read.....I love this one (you have probably seen it before, but it's too good not to see again)

WOMEN'S ACCESSORIES
North: Chap stick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket.
South: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, water-proof mascara, and a fifth of bourbon. Money not necessary that's what dates are for.

STADIUM SIZE
North: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.
South: High School football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

FATHERS
North: Expect their daughters to understand Sylvia Plath
South: Expect their daughters to understand pass interference.

CAMPUS DECOR
North: Statues of founding fathers.
South: Statues of Heisman Trophy winners.

HOMECOMING QUEEN
North: Also a physics major.
South: Also Miss USA

HEROES
North: Mario Cuomo
South: Paul "Bear" Bryant

GETTING TICKETS
North: 5 days before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus and purchase tickets.
South: 5 months before the game walk into the ticket office on campus and put name on waiting list for tickets.

FRIDAY CLASSES AFTER A THURSDAY NIGHT GAME
North: Students and teacher are not sure if they are going to the game, because they have classes on Friday.
South: Teachers cancel Friday classes because they don't want to see the few hung over students that might actually make it to class.

PARKING
North: An hour before game time the University open the campus for game parking.
South: RV's sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on Tuesday.

GAME DAY
North: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.
South: Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting "Game Day Live" to get on camera and wave to the idiots up North who wonder why "Game Day Live" is never broadcast from their campus.

TAILGATING
North: Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.
South: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking accompanied by live performance by "David Allen Coe," who comes over during breaks and asks for a hit off bottle of bourbon.

GETTING TO THE STADIUM
North: You ask "Where's the stadium?". When you find it, you walk right in.
South: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it becomes the state's third largest city.

CONCESSIONS
North: Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the top with soda.
South: Drinks served in a plastic cup with the home team's mascot on it, filled less than halfway with soda, to ensure enough room for bourbon.

WHEN NATIONAL ANTHEM IS PLAYED
North: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up.
South: 100,000 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect 3-part harmony.

THE SMELL IN THE AIR AFTER THE FIRST SCORE
North: Nothing changes.
South: Fireworks, with a touch of bourbon.

COMMENTARY (MALE)
North: "Nice play."
South: "Dammit, you slow sum***** - tackle him and break his legs!!"

COMMENTARY (FEMALE)
North: "My, this certainly is a violent sport."
South: "Dammit, you slow sum***** - tackle him and break his legs!!"

ANNOUNCERS
North: Neutral and paid.
South: Announcer harmonizes with the crowd in the fight song, with a tear in his eye because he is so proud of his team.

AFTER THE GAME
North: The stadium is empty way before the game ends.
South: Another rack of ribs goes on the smoker. While somebody goes to the nearest package store for more bourbon, planning begins for next week's game.

Linda, I love this! My husband went to East Carolina University (in Greenville NC) and that is as close as I'm gonna get anyomore to the Auburn atmosphere...I miss it so much! He was probably the only man in the state of NC that likes football more than basketball! thank God, I found him!

So that we don't totally hijack this thread-I am headed to the lounge to start a new thread for us! See you there!

I Voted for her!

I voted...after laughing at the dog costumes :)

So true Linda so true. Except for the bourbon my part! HA!

Bumping for more votes! I think it is open for two weeks.

I voted for her! How cute!

Related to Can You Help My Friend Win a Costume Contest for Her Daughter?

1. How can I help my friend get more votes for a contest?

There are a few different ways you can help your friend get more votes for a contest. You can share the contest on your own social media platforms and ask your followers to vote for your friend. You can also reach out to your personal network and ask them to vote. Additionally, you can ask your friend to share the contest on their social media and ask their followers to vote. Finally, you can offer to help your friend by reminding them to vote daily and by voting yourself.

2. What can I do if my friend is falling behind in the voting competition?

If your friend is falling behind in the voting competition, there are a few things you can do to help. First, you can encourage them to reach out to their network and ask for more votes. Second, you can share the contest on your own social media platforms and ask your followers to vote for your friend. Additionally, you can offer to help your friend by reminding them to vote daily and by voting yourself. You can also look into any potential incentives or prizes for voters and mention them in your promotion efforts.

3. Is there a limit to how many times I can vote for my friend?

It depends on the specific contest and its rules, but typically there will be a daily limit on how many times a person can vote. Make sure to check the rules and follow them to avoid disqualification. You can also ask your friend if they have any specific guidelines or restrictions for voting in their contest.

4. How can I make sure my friend's votes are counted accurately?

To ensure your friend's votes are counted accurately, make sure to follow the voting guidelines and rules provided by the contest. This may include using a specific voting platform or method, only voting once per day, or having a valid email address. If you have any questions or concerns about the voting process, you can reach out to the contest organizers for clarification.

5. What can I do to encourage others to vote for my friend?

There are a few tactics you can use to encourage others to vote for your friend. One option is to create a catchy and attention-grabbing social media post with a direct link to the voting page. You can also offer to reciprocate votes for anyone who votes for your friend's contest. Another idea is to create a sense of urgency by mentioning when the voting period ends or any time-sensitive prizes. Lastly, make sure to thank and remind people who have already voted to continue voting daily.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • PampChefJoy
  • General Chat
Replies