• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Can Applesauce Without a Boiling Water Bath?

In summary, "No Boil Canned Applesauce" has a shelf life of 2 years and is safe for those with food allergies. It can also be used for baking and is made with real apples. The main difference from traditional applesauce is that it does not require any cooking or boiling, making it a quick and convenient option.
ChefKeender
Is it possible to can applesauce without a boiling water bath? I was thinking that a gal I know used to just place the jars upside down until they cooled, instead of boiling them. She may have intended on just freezing it, I'm not sure. I don't plan on freezing mine, so does anyone know if it must be boiled?
TIA

Last edited:
My first thought is no. Unless you plan on freezing it, or keeping it refridgerated for a period of time (not forever) it probably is a bad idea. Just placing the applesauce in a jar with a lid doesn't really do much in the way of preservation

I could be wrong, but have done enough canning in my day to know that if the jar doesn't seal, you are screwed!

Yes, it is possible to can applesauce without a boiling water bath, but it is not recommended. The boiling water bath helps to create a vacuum seal that prevents bacteria from growing and spoiling the food. Without this step, there is a higher risk of food spoilage and potential foodborne illnesses. It is always best to follow proper canning procedures to ensure the safety of your food. If you do not want to use a boiling water bath, you can freeze your applesauce instead.

Related to Can You Can Applesauce Without a Boiling Water Bath?

1. How long does "No Boil Canned Applesauce" last?

"No Boil Canned Applesauce" has a shelf life of 2 years when stored in a cool, dry place.

2. Is "No Boil Canned Applesauce" safe for those with food allergies?

Yes, "No Boil Canned Applesauce" is free of common allergens such as dairy, nuts, and gluten.

3. Can "No Boil Canned Applesauce" be used for baking?

Yes, "No Boil Canned Applesauce" can be used as a substitute for oil or butter in many baking recipes. It adds moisture and a hint of sweetness to baked goods.

4. Is "No Boil Canned Applesauce" made with real apples?

Yes, "No Boil Canned Applesauce" is made with 100% real apples that are harvested at the peak of freshness.

5. How is "No Boil Canned Applesauce" different from traditional applesauce?

The main difference is that "No Boil Canned Applesauce" does not require any cooking or boiling. It is made by simply blending fresh apples and preserving them in a can, making it a quick and convenient option for those who want the taste of homemade applesauce without the preparation time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • natural
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies