• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Burn the Executive Cookware?

In summary, the person lost track of time and the beans turned out burnt and with a black coating on the bottom of the pan. They soaked and rinsed the pan several times but it still looked burnt. They threw the pan away because it was ruined.
pamperedval
Gold Member
I was using the steamer insert in the 4 qt pan tonight to make green beans and lost track of time. All the water boiled off and I don't know how long it was cooking without water. The beans tasted burnt and there was a black coating on the bottom of the pan that almost looked bubbled on the sides.

I did soak it and rinse it out a few times and it looks pretty normal - just soaking it some more to get the last bit off the bottom edges. Has anyone else done this? Could I have ruined the pan?

I'd be so upset if it was destroyed. Just wondering if anyone could share their wisdom on this.

Thanks!

I have to say that if it isn't ruined - one more reason to really love this cookware!

I did something similar steaming the wonton purses, my cookware is fine!! Just soaked and srubbed it out!!
And yes, that is one more reason I love the cookware

Depending on how long it was over heat with no water, and how high the heat was, you may have compromised the nonstick finish. All nonstick will break down when it is overheated for extended periods.

Thanks for the input ladies.

I think it is okay. Luckily I didn't leave it too long - just enough to burn the beans!

I love our cookware!!

Unfortunately you can scorch the tar out of the executive cookware. I know from experience. I was cooking broccoli in the lg. saucepan and the water cooked out and then it just kept on cooking while i was doing nothing important but not paying attention! I totally ruined the pan, was gonna do an exchange but felt really wrong about that since it was all my fault! That pan is at the dump, there was nothing else to be done with it! BEWARE!!!

I ruined mine as well. I always brown ground beef on high and after awhile the non-stick surface peeled off...

Sorry,
Laura

teresah551393 said:
Unfortunately you can scorch the tar out of the executive cookware. I know from experience. I was cooking broccoli in the lg. saucepan and the water cooked out and then it just kept on cooking while i was doing nothing important but not paying attention! I totally ruined the pan, was gonna do an exchange but felt really wrong about that since it was all my fault! That pan is at the dump, there was nothing else to be done with it! BEWARE!!!

so what happened (how did you know it was ruined)? I noticed one of my pots has a 'heat' mark in the bottom - is that what happens?

lovemytools said:
I ruined mine as well. I always brown ground beef on high and after awhile the non-stick surface peeled off...
That's why the use and care indicates to never use the cookware above med-high. It will break down the nonstick.

Yup, I guess I should have read that. I did this before being a consultant. You better bet that I will tell anyone who purchases any of the cookware about the heat issues...

lovemytools said:
Yup, I guess I should have read that. I did this before being a consultant. You better bet that I will tell anyone who purchases any of the cookware about the heat issues...

It's not just PC cookware!!!!

~~All non-stick cookware should not be used on high heat~~

stefani2 said:
so what happened (how did you know it was ruined)? I noticed one of my pots has a 'heat' mark in the bottom - is that what happens?

I let the water completely evaporate but didn't know it, it cooked with no water for a long time and burnt really bad. I knew it was ruined because I couldn't scrape the black burnt stuff off the bottom inside of the pan. It wasn't all black and smooth inside either. I soaked it overnight in dawn and nothing worked. Rather than start eating teflon, I threw it out!

Thankfully I must not have let it go that long without water as my pan looks good and I've still been using it.

I use it a lot to boil water for pasta and always put it on high for that so it boils faster. Should I not be doing that? Or is med-high just for when you are cooking other food besides boiling water?

I don't want to ruin it after it has survived this long!

You shouldn't use any nonstick cookware on High, ever. If you want it to come to a boil faster, put a lid on it.

(psst...this is why I use SS. ;) ) I have the saute pan and 12 in skillet in the executive, but everything else is SS. I have a bad track record with nonstick pans (and the kids and DH).

Thanks for the info- I never knew you were not supposed to cook above Med- High with NS. (I know I should I have read the use and care!)

1. Can I use the Executive Cookware on high heat without damaging it?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is designed to withstand high heat up to 500°F. However, we recommend using medium to medium-high heat for best results and to prevent any potential damage to the cookware.

2. Is the Executive Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is dishwasher safe. However, to prolong the life of the cookware, we recommend hand washing with a mild dish soap and non-abrasive sponge.

3. Can I use metal utensils with the Executive Cookware?

No, we do not recommend using metal utensils with the Executive Cookware as it may scratch or damage the non-stick surface. We suggest using silicone, wood, or plastic utensils for best results.

4. How do I clean burnt food off the Executive Cookware?

If food does get burnt on the cookware, we recommend soaking it in warm soapy water for a few minutes before scrubbing gently with a non-abrasive sponge. For tougher stains, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrub the affected area.

5. Can the Executive Cookware be used on induction cooktops?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is compatible with all cooktops, including induction. Its tri-ply construction allows for even heat distribution and efficient cooking on all types of stovetops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
dwyerkim
  • KirstenAnne
  • Products and Tips
Replies