• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Caring for Your Citrus Press: Don't Soak It or You'll Ruin It!

In summary, to clean your citrus press, rinse it with warm water and mild detergent, and dry it thoroughly before storing. Do not put it in the dishwasher or soak it, as it can damage the metal. For stubborn stains, try using a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda. When storing, keep it in a dry place and wrap it in a cloth or towel to protect it from dust and air exposure.
Miguel
I ruined my citrus press recently by soaking it in warm water to try to remove stains from lemons. The ceramic coating came off and the hinge became really stiff. Lucky for me, HO had no problem replacing it but I thought I should warn others to rinse it immediately after use (so it won't stain) and NOT to soak it!:eek:

I left mine with a lime in it overnight and it totally stained :(

Why would soaking make the coating come off? Sounds like you had a defective press.

Any other recomendations for removing the stains???

doesn't baking soda and water remove stains sometimes from our products?

The staining happened to me too ... bummer. If I need to show it I'll just tell the customers to rinse after use. Thanks for the heads up!

I LOVE my citrus press. I hope I never have a problem with it, but at least now I will know what to do or what NOT to do! thanks! Every time I have demo'd it I have sold one - need to start demo-ing it at every show, I reckon!

I loved my citrus press but it broke while simply sitting in my kitchen sink. Didn't drop it or use it incorrectly or anything. Has this happened to anyone else?

Related to Caring for Your Citrus Press: Don't Soak It or You'll Ruin It!

1. How do I clean my citrus press?

To clean your citrus press, simply rinse it with warm water and a mild detergent. You can also use a soft brush or sponge to gently scrub away any residue. Make sure to dry it thoroughly before storing.

2. Can I put my citrus press in the dishwasher?

No, you should never put your citrus press in the dishwasher. The harsh detergents and high heat can damage the metal and ruin the press.

3. Why can't I soak my citrus press?

Soaking your citrus press can cause the metal to rust and corrode, which will ultimately ruin the press. It's important to avoid prolonged exposure to water.

4. How do I remove stubborn stains from my citrus press?

If your citrus press has stubborn stains, try using a mixture of lemon juice and baking soda. Let it sit for a few minutes before scrubbing and rinsing with warm water.

5. How should I store my citrus press?

After cleaning and drying your citrus press, store it in a dry place away from any moisture. You can also wrap it in a towel or cloth to protect it from dust and air exposure.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sk8Mom209
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Tash
  • DebPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
Back