• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can You Bake a Cake in a Micro Cooker?

In summary, the conversation is about making a cake in a microwave using various techniques and recipes. One person shares their experience with using a consultant's method of baking a cake in a single pot, while another person shares a recipe for a chocolate volcano cake using a Rice Cooker Plus. The conversation also mentions a diet soda cake, which is a low-fat alternative to the chocolate volcano cake. There are tips provided for making the cake in a microwave, including the use of a built-in turntable and adjusting the cooking time for low wattage microwaves.
kisrae
Gold Member
This is my first post. It has been great to read all your wonderful tips.
I have a guest who was talking about an item from a couple of years ago where her consultant baked a cake by just put cake ingrediants in a single pot. Could this be a discontinued item or was in the Micro cooker?
Thanks for you help;)

Below is the recipe for a cake in the microcooker
You can use any cake mix and frosting. Ann

CHOCOLATE VOLCANO CAKE

Ingredients:

1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix, with pudding in the mix.
1 can of chocolate frosting
Ingredients to make the cake (eggs, oil, water)
Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)

Directions:

Make cake as instructed on the back of the box.
Mix all ingredients with the Stainless/Silicone Sauce Whisk
in the Rice Cooker Plus.
After completely mixed, use the All Purpose Spreader to
take frosting out of can and put it in the center of the cake batter.
Put the lid on (NOT THE WHITE LID).
Microwave 9 – 11 minutes.
When done, carefully remove the lid, lifting away from you.
Put a large plate on top of the cooker and carefully flip it,
so the cake is on the plate. The chocolate frosting will ooze
all over the cake and down the sides.
Slice & serve.
For an added treat, use the Ice Cream Dipper and serve
with vanilla ice cream!!!

Prep Time: 2 minutes
Microwave Time: 9-11 minutes
COOKS TIPS:
· This cake should only be baked in a microwave with a built-in turntable.
· For low wattage microwaves (less than 800 watts), do not check cake for doneness before 10 minutes. The wattage information should be printed on the inside of the microwave door.
· This cake can also be microwaved in the Stoneware Fluted Pan. Microwave on HIGH 10-13 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.

Ann

Make the cake with just the cake mix and a can of diet soda. No eggs or oil. It doesnt come out rubbery like some Microwave cakes do and it is soooo moist. YOu can add the frosting if you want to. It is low fat (unless you add the frosting) and can be served with fat free cool whip and I think it is only 3-4 points per slice for Weight Watchers. I prefer the diet soda cake. I think it tastes better!

When you do diet soda cake do you leave the lid on or off the rice cooker? I left mine on and it cooked horribly :(

Hi there! Welcome to the group and thank you for sharing your thoughts. It's always great to hear from fellow consultants and learn from each other. As for your question about baking a cake in a single pot, it could possibly be referring to our discontinued item called the Micro-Cooker. This handy tool was great for making single serving dishes, including cakes, in the microwave. However, it's always best to double check with your guest's consultant to confirm which item they were referring to. I hope this helps and happy cooking!

1. How do I adjust the baking time when using a micro cooker for cakes?

When using a micro cooker for baking cakes, it is important to reduce the baking time compared to traditional oven baking. As a general rule, reduce the baking time by 25% and check the cake for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. If not, continue to cook in 30-second intervals until done.

2. Can I use a regular cake mix in a micro cooker?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix in a micro cooker. However, it is important to use a cake mix that is specifically labeled as microwave-safe. These cake mixes are formulated to work well with the shorter cooking time and lower power of a microwave compared to a traditional oven.

3. How much batter should I put in the micro cooker for a cake?

To prevent your cake from overflowing, fill the micro cooker no more than half full with batter. This will give the cake enough room to rise without spilling over the edges. If you have excess batter, you can always make a second cake or save it for another use.

4. Can I add mix-ins like chocolate chips or nuts to a cake baked in a micro cooker?

Yes, you can add mix-ins like chocolate chips or nuts to a cake baked in a micro cooker. Just be sure to evenly distribute them throughout the batter before cooking. You may also want to lightly grease the micro cooker before adding the mix-ins to prevent them from sticking to the bottom.

5. How long should I let the cake cool before removing it from the micro cooker?

It is important to let the cake cool for at least 5 minutes before removing it from the micro cooker. This allows the cake to finish cooking and firm up, making it easier to remove without breaking apart. You can also run a knife around the edges of the cake to help loosen it from the micro cooker before flipping it out onto a plate.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • avelissar
  • Products and Tips
Replies