• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can the DCB fit and turn in the micro for South of the Border Meatloaf?

It is very important that the DCB be able to turn in the micro. Stephanie does not suggest putting the DCB on the turntable because she has heard that it can burn the motor out. Stephanie would say to turn it halfway through. Stephanie has made this recipe before and it was good, but she didn't like the appearance because of the grease. Stephanie also made it using lean ground beef and did not have any grease. The recipe was a hit at the meeting where it was served with cheese.
smstrks
How important is it, with this recipe, that the DCB be able to turn in the micro? I'm going to do this at a party on Friday night and the host told me that the DCB will fit in her micro but won't turn.

Thanks!!
Stephanie

I don't know that it really makes a difference. I don't put mine on the turntable because I have heard it can burn the motor out. I would say, just turn it halfway through, if you want. I usually don't and its fine! Good luck with your show!

thanks!! I appreciate the feedback!

Have you made this before? I made it when my in-laws were visiting and I followed all of the directions, and when I took it out of the microwave it looked like mush. Anyone else have that problem?

Mrs.H. said:
Have you made this before? I made it when my in-laws were visiting and I followed all of the directions, and when I took it out of the microwave it looked like mush. Anyone else have that problem?

Yep, it had good flavor, but it was mush... wasn't so impressed, neither was my family. I think it needs more filler, something to hold it together. I don't know if more crushed chips would help or if you threw in a few crushed crackers or bread crumbs. I don't know. Haven't felt the need to try it again after that experience. But maybe I will sometime... wondering too if it would be better in the oven, but I really think it's the filler thing...

I made mine for a cluster meeting. So, it sat for the ride over and was fine. I think it helps it it "rests" before trying to serve it.

My complaint with this was the amount of grease. After the initial 14 minutes, the grease was halfway up the height of the meatloaf. I drained it off and after it cooked again, there was still more.

I couldn't imagine what I would have done at show. It would have been gross to serve it swimming in the grease - and I am not sure how stable it would have been to remove the meatloaf from the DCB - but I imagine this is what others must do.

Since I had poured off the grease - and it was for a cluster meeting - I left it in the DCB - and it stayed nice & warm.

Oh, and trying to pour off the grease without losing the meatloaf was a comedy! I finally used a turkey baster to suck the grease out and wasn't paying attention and squirted grease everywhere!! haha

Last edited:
I liked the taste of it. But was not a fan of the appearance. Is fine for dinner but definately not for a show.

As for using the turntable I made it at my director's house for a meeting..and we stopped the turntable so it would not turn

I made it and used the lean ground beef and had no grease. I also put some cheese on top after it cooked while it sat for 10 minutes and it was a huge hit!

1. What ingredients are in the South of the Border Meatloaf?

The South of the Border Meatloaf includes ground beef, salsa, crushed tortilla chips, onions, garlic, cumin, chili powder, and shredded cheese.

2. Can I substitute the ground beef for a different type of meat?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, chicken, or pork instead of ground beef to make a leaner version of the South of the Border Meatloaf.

3. How long does it take to cook the South of the Border Meatloaf?

The South of the Border Meatloaf takes approximately 45 minutes to cook in the oven at 375°F.

4. Can I make the South of the Border Meatloaf in advance?

Yes, you can make the meatloaf mixture and shape it into a loaf in advance. Simply cover it and refrigerate until ready to bake. It may need a few extra minutes in the oven if it's cold from the fridge.

5. What sides pair well with the South of the Border Meatloaf?

Some delicious side dishes to serve with the South of the Border Meatloaf are Mexican rice, black beans, and a salad with cilantro lime dressing. You can also serve it with tortilla chips and guacamole for a fun twist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • jj16
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • klo289