• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

South of the Border Meatloaf Trouble

In summary, some people have had trouble with the South of the Border Meatloaf recipe, but adding a binder like oatmeal, saltines, or bread crumbs can help with the texture and binding. It is also recommended to make sure all ingredients are at room temperature before mixing.
jj16
Gold Member
I tried the South of the Border Meatloaf last night. I did it exactly as the recipe said. I love the flavor I ran out of Chipotle so I added a little southwest seasoning but it wouldn't stick together like a regular meatloaf and there was a lot of liquid around the edges. My boyfriend (one of the best cooks I know) suggested oatmeal, saltines or bread crumbs like a typical meatloaf. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with this recipe? I wasn't going to offer it as a show recipe until I get all the bugs worked out. TIA.

jj16:)

We have.... there is a thread somewhere... but someone suggested adding an extra egg and doubling the tortillas. It worked. I didn't even follow the recipe, just did it this way. Wish my family liked that meatloaf better because I LOVED it! They are so picky :-( I really would like it for dinner. Anyhow! Good luck!

Yep, that's what most people say, I had the same problems. Someone suggested using a very lean ground beef, and I agree with your boyfriend about adding additional crumbs of some sort. I don't know if you used more chips than it calls for or if you just add some bread crumbs or something, but it definitely needs something to hold it together. From other threads on this subject, I don't think very many are offering it for a demo...whoops, we were typing at the same time...

LOL!! No problem... at least we are on it!

Hi jj16! I'm so sorry to hear that you had some trouble with the South of the Border Meatloaf recipe. It's definitely one of my favorites, so I can understand your frustration. I haven't personally experienced any issues with the recipe, but I have heard from some other consultants that adding a binder like oatmeal, saltines, or bread crumbs can help with the texture and binding of the meatloaf. I would also recommend making sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before mixing them together, as that can sometimes affect the consistency. I hope this helps and that you're able to perfect the recipe for your show! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Happy cooking!

1. What is the "South of the Border Meatloaf Trouble" recipe?

The "South of the Border Meatloaf Trouble" recipe is a delicious twist on traditional meatloaf, incorporating Mexican-inspired flavors such as salsa, corn, and chili powder.

2. Can I substitute the ground beef for a different type of protein?

Yes, you can substitute the ground beef for ground turkey, chicken, or even plant-based ground meat for a healthier option. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, you do not need any special equipment. The recipe can be made using a standard loaf pan and basic kitchen tools such as a mixing bowl and spoon.

4. Is this recipe spicy?

The level of spiciness can be adjusted based on personal preference. The recipe calls for mild salsa, but you can use medium or hot salsa if you prefer a spicier meatloaf.

5. How long does it take to make "South of the Border Meatloaf Trouble"?

The prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the cook time is approximately 1 hour. This may vary depending on your oven and the type of protein you use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • janetupnorth
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rennea
  • rbvernon