1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: South Of The Border Meatloaf Trouble

1. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

I tried the South of the Border Meatloaf last night. I did it exactly as the recipe said. I love the flavor I ran out of Chipotle so I added a little southwest seasoning but it wouldn't stick together like a regular meatloaf and there was a lot of liquid around the edges. My boyfriend (one of the best cooks I know) suggested oatmeal, saltines or bread crumbs like a typical meatloaf. Just wondering if anyone else has had problems with this recipe? I wasn't going to offer it as a show recipe until I get all the bugs worked out. TIA.

jj16:)

Nov 8, 2009
  2. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

We have.... there is a thread somewhere... but someone suggested adding an extra egg and doubling the tortillas. It worked. I didn't even follow the recipe, just did it this way. Wish my family liked that meatloaf better because I LOVED it! They are so picky :-( I really would like it for dinner. Anyhow! Good luck!

Nov 8, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Yep, that's what most people say, I had the same problems. Someone suggested using a very lean ground beef, and I agree with your boyfriend about adding additional crumbs of some sort. I don't know if you used more chips than it calls for or if you just add some bread crumbs or something, but it definitely needs something to hold it together. From other threads on this subject, I don't think very many are offering it for a demo...

whoops, we were typing at the same time...

Nov 8, 2009
  4. chefcharity

chefcharity Advanced Member

LOL!! No problem... at least we are on it!

Nov 8, 2009
Have something to add?