• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Stencils and Dry Erase Markers Make Simple Additions More Fun for Kids?

In summary, Kristi recommends using dry erase markers to write on simple additions. She also provides a tip that if the marker sits on the addition for a long time, you can write over it again with a marker and then wipe it off. Finally, Stacy provides an idea for decorating appetizer plates.
chef greta
Gold Member
What kind of marker can you write on simple additions with? Dry Erase? Any tips are greatly appreciated.
TIA

Gretchen

You got it!! Dry Erase Markers!

Thanks Kristi!

washable (crayola, etc.) will also work.

I'm new.....so are you saying we can write on the SA & then wipe it off?

Yep! It works well. Use a plate stand or small easel to hold it up. You can also do that for a cheese tasting. Put the cheese on the plate, then write the name of the cheese nearby with washable markers.

I need to try this to decorate for Christmas. Does it come off good if it sits on it for a while? Say if I want to decorate one and have it for my shows for the month?

raebates said:
Yep! It works well. Use a plate stand or small easel to hold it up. You can also do that for a cheese tasting. Put the cheese on the plate, then write the name of the cheese nearby with washable markers.

is it safe to have the marker near food?

Here is a tip, if you ever write on something with a dry erase marker, and it sits for so long that won't rub off, then write over it AGAIN with a marker and wipe off. Not sure why it works but it does.

stacywhitlow said:
washable (crayola, etc.) will also work.

This is the best way for me - I stoled my daughters Lucy's ones :eek: - first to try it out and then I kept them :eek:

~

Luv2bake said:
Here is a tip, if you ever write on something with a dry erase marker, and it sits for so long that won't rub off, then write over it AGAIN with a marker and wipe off. Not sure why it works but it does.

Today my son accidentaly wrote on our dry erase board with a permanent marker. He wrote over it with the dry erase marker and both marks came off. So this does work!

It works if you put alcohol on marker too. That's why the dry erase will come off if you write over it after it has dried.

I had no idea you could do this - thanks for the tips!

raebates said:

I use handled platter for cookies and write "name of recipe" (such as Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies) at the top, draw a pumpkin, on the bottom write "No nuts". For my dd's birthday I wrote Happy Birthday on it. Let me see if I can find the picture :)

On white mug write a not to your spouse "don't forget to pick up kids".

Last edited:
finley1991 said:
is it safe to have the marker near food?

Washable markers are non-toxic so it won't be a problem. That is what I use. Super easy to get off even if been on there a while.

Darcia said:
Today my son accidentaly wrote on our dry erase board with a permanent marker. He wrote over it with the dry erase marker and both marks came off. So this does work!
WOW! Great tip! Thanks!:thumbup:

I am going to get some washable markes tomorrow when I buy groceries and try my hand at decorating them up for Christmas. I think my son has some but they are old and half way dried from him leaving the tops off too long! HA!

I may see if I can find some cheap stencils to help me decorate b/c I am not too artsy at all!:D

stacywhitlow said:
Washable markers are non-toxic so it won't be a problem. That is what I use. Super easy to get off even if been on there a while.

Thanks Stacy!

Stacy beat me to it. But, yeah, it's safe if you use the right markers.

Jennifer, that's a great idea with the stencils!

Maybe I should let my kids decorate some appetizer plates - they would have a ball! :)

What is Simple Additions?

Simple Additions is a line of versatile serving pieces and decorative accessories designed to enhance your entertaining experience.

What types of products are included in the Simple Additions line?

The Simple Additions line includes various sizes of bowls, platters, trays, stands, and other serving pieces suitable for any occasion.

Can Simple Additions products be used in the oven or microwave?

Yes, most Simple Additions products are oven and microwave safe, but it is important to refer to the specific product's instructions before use.

Are Simple Additions products dishwasher safe?

Yes, all Simple Additions products are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

Can Simple Additions products be used for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, Simple Additions products are suitable for both hot and cold foods, making them perfect for any type of meal or gathering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ahinchey
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
terryteach
  • NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies