• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Someone Make a Straight Donation--If so How?

Hi--I just sent out my evites this weekend and my aunt replied that she would like to send me a check to donate to ACS. Is there a way to do this through pampered chef--to do a straight donation rather than a purchase?Thanks for your help!As far as I know, she would have to send the check to the local chapter. I don't believe we are allowed to accept donations on behalf of them directly.Call HO for clarification tomorrow - but I can't think of a way.It doesn't work like "round up" where everyone gets a percentage of the total. I had someone ask me the same question, so I asked my
dwyerkim
Hi--I just sent out my evites this weekend and my aunt replied that she would like to send me a check to donate to ACS. Is there a way to do this through pampered chef--to do a straight donation rather than a purchase? Thanks for your help!

As far as I know, she would have to send the check to the local chapter. I don't believe we are allowed to accept donations on behalf of them directly.

Call HO for clarification tomorrow - but I can't think of a way. It doesn't work like "round up"

I had someone ask me the same question, so I asked my director and she said they would have to make it straight to the ACS and send it in themselves. You could still call the HO and see if they say anything any different and let us know. Hope that helps some.

I wish for the month of May, that our "round up" donations all went to HWC. Then, we COULD do this! Please let us know what HO says...I am sure a lot of us will get this question!

I sent an email to solution center, will share what I find out! :) Kim

For the month of May the roundup is for HWC. But only for the month of May. This is what I've been told.

chee65 said:
For the month of May the roundup is for HWC. But only for the month of May. This is what I've been told.
Where did you hear this? I don't believe we have received any such information. Maybe you misunderstood. I know that in May and only May the % that is being donated to the HWC fundraisers is higher (only may, only HWC).

It would be great if you heard correctly though and it really does go to the ACS!!

BethCooks4U said:
Where did you hear this? I don't believe we have received any such information. Maybe you misunderstood. I know that in May and only May the % that is being donated to the HWC fundraisers is higher (only may, only HWC).

It would be great if you heard correctly though and it really does go to the ACS!!
I haven't heard of this either. Years ago before they started doing Round Up year-round, I think May's round up donations went to HWC, but not anymore. So, I'd be in the dark about this too, Beth, if it's changed this year. :confused:

chee65 said:

This is incorrect. Round Up is our program with America's Second Harvest. Even during May, it has nothing to do with ACS.

What I do...And I am a strong advocate for HWC, is simply tell eveyone that the Round-Up in May DOES go to Help WHip Cancer. I let them fill in the amount, strip it off BEFORE I submit the show and I put it in my business account until I get my commission check on the 8th of June. Then I write a check out to ACS for all monies I have collected from the raffles, pins, whatevers along with the commission I am donating outside of HWC. I also send a letter stating that it is in conjuction with The Pampered Chef's HWC campaign and that I want the money directed toward Breast Cancer Education and Early Detection programs.
Works for me and my guests. So I don't get any PC recognition for it, that's not what it is about anyway.

pampered1224 said:
And I am a strong advocate for HWC, is simply tell eveyone that the Round-Up in May DOES go to Help WHip Cancer. I let them fill in the amount, strip it off BEFORE I submit the show and I put it in my business account until I get my commission check on the 8th of June. Then I write a check out to ACS for all monies I have collected from the raffles, pins, whatevers along with the commission I am donating outside of HWC. I also send a letter stating that it is in conjuction with The Pampered Chef's HWC campaign and that I want the money directed toward Breast Cancer Education and Early Detection programs.
Works for me and my guests. So I don't get any PC recognition for it, that's not what it is about anyway.
That is a good way to handle it. I did hear back from HO today and they said that anyone wanting to make a straight donation would need to do that privately. It is too bad... maybe in the future they will set it up differently.

My director was the one who told me about it being for HWC for the month of May. Hmmmm..... I guess I will have to do what was suggested here.

Related to Can Someone Make a Straight Donation--If so How?

1. Can someone make a straight donation to Pampered Chef?

Yes, anyone can make a straight donation to Pampered Chef. We greatly appreciate any support and contributions to our organization.

2. How can I make a straight donation to Pampered Chef?

You can make a straight donation to Pampered Chef by visiting our website and clicking on the "Donate" button. You can also mail a check or call our customer service line to make a donation over the phone.

3. Can I specify where my donation will go?

Yes, you can specify where you would like your donation to go. We have options to donate to specific programs or areas of our organization.

4. Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes, Pampered Chef is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, so your donation is tax-deductible. You will receive a receipt for tax purposes after making your donation.

5. Can I make a donation in honor or memory of someone?

Yes, you can make a donation in honor or memory of someone. Simply include their name and any other relevant information in the donation form or note if you are mailing in a donation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • tys1031
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • myinnerchef