• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Warning About Acs Donation Website

In summary, the ACS is warning its consultants not to get credit for donations sent through the online form on the site because the correct form is not being used. If a donor sends a donation directly to the ACS, it may be difficult to track down because the form used is not the right one.
tys1031
Hello,

As you may or may not know, I work at the American Cancer Society also. We found out that some of the donations consultants are receiving via cash or check are being made using the offline doantion form on the ACS Help Whip Cancer web site. The form that is on the web site IS NOT the correct form for PC consultants to get credit for the cash/check donations. If you want to receive recognition at NC, PLEASE advise your contributors to contact you toget the form from Consultant's Corner if they'd like to make a cash/check donation. Otherwise, you will not get credit for their donation! :mad:

We caught this because someone sent a donation directly to our Home Office, but if the doantions are being sent to the regional or Division offices, this won't be as easy to catch.

Just wanted to let you all know!

Good point, Kisha!

Oh, Kisha ... tell Me that I'm not the one who screwed up!

Just to make sure, you are referring to the form that the customer would get if they visited the donation site I created on the ACS site, and clicked on the link that says "If you are unable to donate online, please print a donation form to mail in your contribution"?

Is this going to be updated, or is there a way to remove that link and replace it with "If you are unable to donate online, please contact me for a form"?

I'm not sure I'm understanding. Is the site that we set up for ourselves through CC for the ACS Help Whip Cancer not working correctly for us getting credit for people's donations? Should I discontinue using the link?

RMDave said:
Oh, Kisha ... tell Me that I'm not the one who screwed up!

No Dave, it wasn't you! :blushing:

NooraK said:
Just to make sure, you are referring to the form that the customer would get if they visited the donation site I created on the ACS site, and clicked on the link that says "If you are unable to donate online, please print a donation form to mail in your contribution"?

Is this going to be updated, or is there a way to remove that link and replace it with "If you are unable to donate online, please contact me for a form"?

Yes, it's that link. I just came from the IT Support area and they are going to try to see if they can change the link. In the meantime, you may just want to let your customers know to get the form from you from CC and mail it to the address at the bottom of that form.

babywings76 said:
I'm not sure I'm understanding. Is the site that we set up for ourselves through CC for the ACS Help Whip Cancer not working correctly for us getting credit for people's donations? Should I discontinue using the link?

The link will credit you for credit card donations. The problem is if they print the form for offline donations from that link. It's not the right form and it provides the wrong address.

Okay, thanks for the head's up. I guess I'll just encourage debit/credit card donations. Then if people ask about cash, I'll give them details.

What is the "Warning About Acs Donation Website"?

The "Warning About Acs Donation Website" is an alert issued by the American Cancer Society (ACS) to warn individuals about a fraudulent donation website claiming to support the ACS.

How can I identify the fraudulent donation website?

The fraudulent donation website may use a similar name or logo to the ACS, but the URL will not be an official ACS website (such as cancer.org). Additionally, the website may not have any contact information or a legitimate donation process.

What should I do if I come across the fraudulent donation website?

If you come across the fraudulent donation website, do not enter any personal or financial information. Instead, report it to the ACS by emailing [email protected] or calling 1-800-227-2345. You can also report it to the Federal Trade Commission at ftc.gov/complaint.

Is it safe to donate to the ACS online?

Yes, it is safe to donate to the ACS online through their official website, cancer.org. The ACS takes the necessary precautions to protect your personal and financial information.

How can I ensure my donation is going to the ACS?

To ensure your donation is going directly to the ACS, donate through their official website, cancer.org. You can also donate by phone at 1-800-227-2345 or by mailing a check to the ACS headquarters. Additionally, you can verify the legitimacy of any donation website by checking for the official ACS logo and contact information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
krismaur
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • BeckyC5830