• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Someone Explain the Mystery Host Party

In summary, the mystery host party is a way to have a kitchen or catalog show. After everyone places their order, the host draws a name. They get all the benefits of being a host, plus the order is shipped to their house.
nicole.h.
Reading some of the posts, and since its late, im not sure i'm grasping the idea of the mystery host party. How does it work?

The way I do it is to have a kitchen or catalog show. I am the one having it, then after everyone places their order, I draw a name. I draw only from those who have placed an order, dont think it is fair to draw their name if they came to the show but didnt make a purchase. Then whoever I draw gets all the hosts benefits. Plus, since I did the inviting, I have the order shipped to my house and do the delivering. HTH

Lori

chefloriray said:
The way I do it is to have a kitchen or catalog show. I am the one having it, then after everyone places their order, I draw a name. I draw only from those who have placed an order, dont think it is fair to draw their name if they came to the show but didnt make a purchase. Then whoever I draw gets all the hosts benefits. Plus, since I did the inviting, I have the order shipped to my house and do the delivering. HTH

Lori
Make sure that you do the address as follows for shipping someone's show to your address or PC will hold the party to clarify*.

Sallie Host
c/o Susie Consultant
123 Susies house
Susies town, state zip

The c/o line is very important when you are having a host's show shipped to your house. It is placed in the first "address" line.

*They are "clarifying" that the person doesn't live in the same house with you because people who live with a consultant can do a show but they only can get the host benefits WE can get - no booking benefit and their purchases with the host discount do not count toward commissionable sales for the consultant.

Here's What I have DoneI had a Mystery Host show about a year ago. My director told me to split the host benefits and give each guest tickets for different things: bring a guest get 2; book a show get 5; show up on time get 1; etc. Then at the end of the show, draw 3 tickets, one for $$, one for 1/2 price and one for discount. So that is what I did, the only problem is there can only be one co-host. :( :confused: So I had to "jimmy rig" PP; added the guest who received the discount benefit as a guest and figured out the 10% and coded it as "consultant gift". If I do a mystery host show again, I will only draw 1 name or 2 names (host and co-host) and split the benefits between them.

Mystery Hostess show ROCKS!Here is how I have done mine for the last 4 years... I give tickets to everyone that RSVP's by a certain date, people who place an on-line order from my website, one ticket for everyone that shows up at my house, everyone who brings a friend, one ticket for every outside order they bring to the show, one ticket for each $25 they spend, and one ticket for each booking and one 4 tickets to anyone who signs up to start their own business!

YOU MUST BE PRESENT to win the monthly hostess benefits. I do not share that with anyone. One person wins the whole thing. I do, however draw another name for the monthly host buy ( I pay for whatever 40% of the item is so they get it for FREE) I also draw tickets for each of the half-priced items. This show has been over $1,000 for 4 years now so the mystery hostess winner is THRILLED and the sales are great year after year. I also do door prizes for lots of "extra" pieces I have earned over the year. I do one QUICKIE recipe and then we drink wine or Sangria and eat several recipes I have prepared. It is a great chance to get all of the Simple Addition pieces out on display. Remember, what they see, they will buy!

Good LUCK!!

what recipes do you make?Your show sounds like alot of fun. What recipes do you make and do you go ahead and do drawing and then bring out the wine or what? Also I am a cheap wine drinker I drink like Sumter Homes Zinefidel(spelling wrong I am sure) how many bottles should I buy I don't want to spend too much money since I am on a tight budget. My Mystery host is for August 19. I have know clue what recipes to fix I was thinking of the new Celebrations recipes for F/W and having a Theme show binder I can show and talk about Theme shows I can do for them. Thanks for your advise in advance.

Michelle,

At my mystery host show, I demo the Florentine Garden Ring and then made the current celebration show recipes ahead of time. My show was a noon time show so I had coffee, oj and champagne. That way we would make mimosas.

I think that the new celebration show recipes would be great. Make a couple of batches of the potstickers ahead of time, and just explain what you did and which products you used. Then demo the 4 different folds. My cluster directors did this at our kick off meeting and it worked well. I would probably do a different dessert, depending on how many people are coming. The molten chocolate lava cake in the new SB is great! The celebration desserts would be okay is not many are coming, although I have heard that the banana one is very labor and time instensive.

Gook luck and have fun!

Shari,
Thanks. I think I will do the potstickers and a ring and a dessert that they need to get the recipe out of one of our cookbooks so they will want to spend $50 to get the cookbook free. Thanks for your suggestions it is greatly appreciated! I have not done a show in a couple of months so I am very rusted. I am trying to have this thing organized and try not to worry to much about my house being perfect and more about my Pampered Chef presentation.
Thanks,
Michelle K

Michelle,
If you really want to have wine, I would suggest maybe a box of wine. I can't think of the brand, but the flavor is Sunset Blush and it tastes very similar to white zifendel but maybe a little sweeter. I think 1 would be enough and it costs only $10, in PA anyway. :D

Deb,
Thanks I forgot all about the box wines I will look for it at our stores. My husband is from a small town near Pittsburgh, Pa that is a really beautiful state I love the summers no bugs or humidity like here in Ga. I am really hoping at least 10 people will show I invited 44 we will see. Does everyone think I will sell more if I do a demo? I originally was not going to demo anything but now I am thinking what will we do if I do not? I really need the sells I am doing the drawing to win the free products and one person wins half price. I used one of the flyers off this web site they get extra tickets based on how much they spend. I am doing this to get bookings.Please advise and sorry if I am not making sense on top of everything I think I have a head cold or something which is not good when you are trying to act really perky at a show :eek: Thanks for everyones help.
Michelle K

Partial DemoMichelle,

I may have already suggested this, save enough potsticker filling to demo one of each fold. Talk about all of the products used, and then the demo folding. If you are doing an "open house" format with people coming an going you may be better off without a full demo. If you are doing more of a KS format, a full demo will work

Thanks for all the information.
Michelle

Has anyoneHas anyone done a Mystery Host show where they don't actually get together? I have several Preferred Customers who have ordered large amounts from me and I would love to be able to have them basically do a catalog show selling $100 or more each and then put their names in a hat/basket and draw a winner? Some of them live a few hours away and it would be difficult to try and schedule a day for everyone to get together.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions. :)

I'm trying oneI just started a Mystery Host show. I found the How would you like to host a $1500 show flyer in PC files. I emailed the flyer to everyone in my contact list and plan on running the show through 8-26-05.

We will see how it goes.

Shari,

Where in the PC file section did you find the Want to have a 1500 show file? I'm lookin' and lookin' :eek:

kcjodih said:
Shari,

Where in the PC file section did you find the Want to have a 1500 show file? I'm lookin' and lookin' :eek:
On the Chef Success menu bar, click on "PC Files". In the center under File Name, type "*1500*". This will pull all files with the 1500 in it. Appears that there are two. One as Adobe and one as Publisher.

Last edited:
Thanks Rita, our computer whiz :) I didn't know I had to put a * and that's why I was finding no matches

Another question, how do I edit this file now? I've downloaded to my Pampered Chef folder but of course want to change the contact info and also a spelling error I found. Any ideas?

TIA

Unless you have the full version on Adobe, you cannot edit that one. (Most people just have Adobe Reader...the freebie.
Publisher comes with the Microsoft Office Professional Suite (not the home version). If you have it, you shouldn't have a problem editing. I'm on my laptop laying in bed right now, which doesn't have Publisher. Tomorrow, I'll log onto my desktop and try to convert to Word so that more people can edit.

Thanks again Rita! No, I only have the Adobe reader (freebie) and don't have publisher

I have Publisherbut I was unable to open it. It is apparently a different version than I have. So I printed out the adobe file and then re-typed it in word.

Good luck.

Search TipWhen searching for something in the Files section put a star before and after your keyword or words. Then the search will incluce anything with those keywords in the title. If you just put in the keywords the computer is searching for that exact title only.

What is a Mystery Host Party?

A Mystery Host Party is a fun and unique way to host a Pampered Chef party. The host of the party is kept a secret until the end, and all the guests have a chance to win the host rewards by placing an order.

How does a Mystery Host Party work?

At the beginning of the party, the host's name is kept a secret. Guests can place orders and for every $10 they spend, they will receive one entry into the drawing to win the host rewards. At the end of the party, a winner is chosen and they will receive all the host rewards earned from the party.

What are the benefits of hosting a Mystery Host Party?

Hosting a Mystery Host Party is a great way to have a fun and interactive party with your friends while also having a chance to earn free and discounted products. Plus, there is an element of excitement not knowing who the host will be until the end!

Do I have to attend a Mystery Host Party to win?

No, you do not have to physically attend the party to win the host rewards. As long as you place an order, you will be entered into the drawing to win.

How are the host rewards determined in a Mystery Host Party?

The host rewards are determined by the total amount of sales from the party. The more sales, the higher the rewards. The winner will receive all the host rewards earned from the party, which can include free and discounted products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies