• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can Senior Directors Advertise Like This?

But it wouldn't have your website. Your phone and email is all you are listing in the press release, right? That's all I see on mine.That's correct, but what if the reporter wants to call you? I think that's why they put the contact info in there. Someone might want to talk to you directly.That's correct, but what if the reporter wants to call you?
cookingwithlove
Gold Member
It doesn't seem fair!
http://www.careersite.com/candidate/processcandviewjob?source=search&docid=A3034-02XE

I recognize that name though - maybe from a training tape?

Looks like she put an ad in the paper and they put it online.

BethCooks4U said:
Looks like she put an ad in the paper and they put it online.

Yep, I missed the link. See, that's exactly what HO needs to address. A conultant in my area was profiled in the local paper - which was also posted on their online site (it included her email and pws). There's no way that we as consutlants or HO as a parent company can control these kinds of things. We are in an on-line world and I think that our policies need to be updated to reflect that. I'm also pretty sure that HO is working on it and I bet it's a huge PIA for them to envision all the conceivable applications and scenarios. I'd hate to be on that project. I'm sure that within the year we'll see updated policies on what we can and cannot admit on the internet.

pamperedlinda said:
nope, different site.

Eeeek you are right... yeah something doesn't seem right about that.

bsaxman said:
Eeeek you are right... yeah something doesn't seem right about that.

Nah, I think Beth was right. She advertised in her local paper and it was also posted in their online paper. Click on the link in the ad and you'll see it.

I am seeing the link now to the original ad. I would really like to do more advertising online (such as facebook/myspace/etc.) hopefully in the future PC will give us a little more freedom... Though I could see the pros and cons from both sides of that issue...

The problem is that it came up when I did a generic search for Pampered Chef Portland Oregon. She is no where near Portland Oregon.

ok...so here's a perfect scenario!!! PC gives us the Press Releases to send to our local newspapers on various topics...I just sent the news release that they have posted on CC to my local (rural newspaper) I don't know if they will even publish it, but it has my info in there...Now, this newspaper has an on-line subscription for people as well....so if it would get published, then my info would show up on line....

Are they not allowed to have the ad on the internet? or was she allowed to have the newspaper ad? Because it's like someone said, many times- the Newspapers and even Yellow Pages and such- they do have online ads automatically and you don't choose one or the other- you get both.

kreaser said:
ok...so here's a perfect scenario!!! PC gives us the Press Releases to send to our local newspapers on various topics...I just sent the news release that they have posted on CC to my local (rural newspaper) I don't know if they will even publish it, but it has my info in there...Now, this newspaper has an on-line subscription for people as well....so if it would get published, then my info would show up on line....

But it wouldn't have your website. Your phone and email is all you are listing in the press release, right? That's all I see on mine.

I believe that you can opt out of having your ads put in the online editions. If not, then do not run the ad so that you don't run into the problem. Remember: people not paper.

Related to Can Senior Directors Advertise Like This?

1. Can senior directors advertise like this?

Yes, senior directors at Pampered Chef are allowed to advertise using various methods, including social media, email marketing, and direct mail. However, they must follow company policies and guidelines regarding advertising and marketing.

2. What are the restrictions for senior directors when it comes to advertising?

Senior directors are required to follow Pampered Chef's Advertising and Marketing Guidelines, which outline specific rules and restrictions for advertising. This includes using approved branding, obtaining necessary approvals, and adhering to legal and ethical guidelines.

3. Can senior directors advertise outside of the United States?

Yes, senior directors are allowed to advertise outside of the United States, but they must comply with the advertising and marketing guidelines for the specific country or region they are targeting. They may also need to obtain additional approvals from the company.

4. Are senior directors allowed to use paid advertising methods?

Yes, senior directors can use paid advertising methods such as Google AdWords or Facebook Ads. However, they must make sure to follow all company policies and guidelines, including proper use of branding and obtaining necessary approvals.

5. Can senior directors advertise for other companies or products?

No, senior directors at Pampered Chef are not allowed to advertise for other companies or products. This is considered a conflict of interest and goes against the company's policies and guidelines. Senior directors should focus on promoting and selling Pampered Chef products only.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • NooraK
  • General Chat
Replies