• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Mayonnaise Instead of Miracle Whip?

In summary, the recipe calls for Philadelphia Cream Cheese, Miracle Whip, Shredded Swiss Cheese, Green Onion, and Bacon. The recipe can be found on ChefSuccess.com or on the files section on this website.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
Forgive me but I saw this recipe this morning but cannot remember which thread it was on... I have a quick question... can you use Mayonnaise in place of the Miracle Whip or not? Some recipes that works in but others it does not so I'm just wondering what you think?
Thanks!!!

What the heck is this?? I would like to see the thread if anyone remembers which one it is!

Oh great! I think my jeans just went up a size by reading that recipe!

Sounds great!!!

Unfortunately, you absolutely cannot substitute Mayo for the Miracle Whip.

I personally think MW is horrible-- the work of the devil himself, even-- but it doesn't taste right if you substitute. Believe me, I have tried!!!

Thank you... I've had that same result with other recipes so I just wanted to make sure!

Thanks Kim - I can't wiat to try this recipe...

Yummie I think I gained a few thinking abou that one too!!!

Here's the recipe, so it's easier to find.Heaven on a Cracker

16 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2/3 cup Miracle Whip
8 oz Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 T Green Onion, finely chopped
16 slices crumbled bacon
3/4 sleeve crushed Ritz crackers

Preheat oven to 350°.

Place cream cheese in the Classic Batter Bowl. Soften in the microwave (about 1 minute).
Add the Swiss Cheese and onion, blending with the Classic Scraper. When blended, put mixture into Deep Dish Baker. Sprinkle crushed crackers and crumbled bacon on top.

Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with crackers or chips (Tostitos are perfect for this).

NOTES:
Bacon can be cooked on Large Bar Pan in 400° oven for 20 minutes. For easy cleanup, you can line bar with Parchment Paper. Remove and allow to cool. Use Food Chopper to make crumbles.

Crackers can be crushed in large Zip-Loc bag with Baker’s Roller.

Attachments

• Heaven on a Cracker.doc
    20.5 KB · Views: 410
There is a similar recipe I got off this website that has colby or cheddar cheese and all the same ingredients- might search for it as a substitute or addition- it is so yummy! It was called " to die for cheese dip."

Related to Can I Use Mayonnaise Instead of Miracle Whip?

1. Can I use mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip in my Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, you can use mayonnaise as a substitute for Miracle Whip in most Pampered Chef recipes. However, keep in mind that Miracle Whip has a slightly sweeter and tangier flavor compared to mayonnaise, so the end result may be slightly different.

2. Will the texture and consistency of my dish be affected if I use mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip?

In most cases, the texture and consistency should not be significantly affected if you use mayonnaise instead of Miracle Whip. However, Miracle Whip does contain more water and vinegar than mayonnaise, so you may need to adjust the amount of liquid in the recipe to compensate.

3. Can I use reduced-fat or light mayonnaise as a substitute for Miracle Whip?

Yes, you can use reduced-fat or light mayonnaise as a substitute for Miracle Whip. However, keep in mind that these versions may have a different taste and texture compared to regular mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.

4. Is there a difference in how mayonnaise and Miracle Whip react when heated?

Yes, there is a difference in how mayonnaise and Miracle Whip react when heated. Miracle Whip contains more sugar and vinegar, which can cause it to caramelize and brown more quickly than mayonnaise. If you are using it as a topping or glaze, keep an eye on it to prevent burning.

5. Can I use vegan or plant-based mayonnaise as a substitute for Miracle Whip?

Yes, you can use vegan or plant-based mayonnaise as a substitute for Miracle Whip. However, these versions may have a different taste and texture compared to traditional mayonnaise or Miracle Whip, so the end result may not be exactly the same.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• A&JPCPals
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
A&JPCPals
  • ChefPaulaB
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76