• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use Red Curry RUB Instead of Powder?

In summary, red curry rub can be used as a substitute for red curry powder in most recipes, but may slightly alter the taste due to additional ingredients. The same amount can typically be used in place of powder, but it is best to adjust to taste. It is possible to make your own red curry rub at home, using ingredients such as red curry paste, cumin, coriander, garlic powder, and salt. However, it is important to check the ingredient list for potential allergies, as red curry rub may contain peanuts, tree nuts, or sesame seeds. Additionally, red curry rub can be used in a variety of dishes, not just Asian cuisine.
kam
Staff member
OK, all you foodies out there...

Is our Thai Red Curry RUB considered the same thing as a Red Curry POWDER?

If I find a recipe that calls for Red Curry Powder, can I use our rub instead??

Thanks!

I think it would be fine to interchange the two.

However, they are not exactly the same. A Red Curry Powder is just that - Red Curry. Our Red Curry Rub is a mixture of spices, with Red Curry Powder being the main one.

I use our spices and seasoning blends all the time in place of just one spice though. Like when something calls for dried dill, I use the dill mix - or if something calls for dried rosemary, I use the rosemary herb seasoning. I use the Chipotle rub in place of cayenne pepper in the Cool and Crunchy Tacos, etc...

ChefBeckyD said:
I think it would be fine to interchange the two.

However, they are not exactly the same. A Red Curry Powder is just that - Red Curry. Our Red Curry Rub is a mixture of spices, with Red Curry Powder being the main one.

I use our spices and seasoning blends all the time in place of just one spice though. Like when something calls for dried dill, I use the dill mix - or if something calls for dried rosemary, I use the rosemary herb seasoning. I use the Chipotle rub in place of cayenne pepper in the Cool and Crunchy Tacos, etc...

Excellent! Thanks! :)

1. Can I use red curry rub instead of powder for specific recipes?

Yes, red curry rub can be used as a substitute for red curry powder in most recipes. However, it may alter the taste slightly as the rub contains additional ingredients such as salt, sugar, and spices.

2. How much red curry rub should I use in place of powder?

Typically, you can use the same amount of red curry rub as you would red curry powder in a recipe. However, it is always best to taste and adjust the amount according to your preference.

3. Can I make my own red curry rub at home?

Yes, you can make your own red curry rub at home by combining red curry paste, ground cumin, ground coriander, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt. You can adjust the ingredients according to your taste.

4. Are there any ingredients in red curry rub that may cause allergies?

It is always important to check the ingredient list before using any product, especially if you have allergies. Red curry rub may contain ingredients such as peanuts, tree nuts, and sesame seeds, which may cause allergies in some individuals.

5. Can red curry rub be used in non-Asian dishes?

Yes, red curry rub can be used in a variety of dishes, not just Asian cuisine. It can add a spicy and flavorful kick to soups, stews, marinades, and even roasted vegetables.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• flemings99
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies