• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hot Artichoke Dip: Compare Recipes & Get Opinions!

In summary, the Hot Artichoke Dip on Saturday at a show is a delicious dish that contains two different recipes. One recipe is from Joyce's and the other is from this site. Both recipes are delicious, but the one from this site is better.
kam
Staff member
I am planning on making the Hot Artichoke Dip on Saturday at a show.

I have found 2 different recipes:

From JOYCE's and also from the files on this site:
2 jar (6½ oz each) marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chop
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
3 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 3/4 cup)

ALL THE BEST:
1 jar (6 oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chop
1 package (9-11 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated

I know that sometimes Joyce's sites recipes are a little different. I really think I should follow the recipe from ALL THE BEST, but not sure about the creamed spinach.

Has anyone made one or the other and did you like it? Opinions on which one I should use?

Last edited:
I have had the one from All the Best and it is delicious!!!

I've done both and they are AWESOME.

I've also made the one from All the Best & it is great!!

Yeah, I do the one from All the best. I've only used 1/4 cup mayo and sour cream. I do put extra cheese in mine, as I like it cheesy. :) It's such a great hit especially with baked pita chips!

Then I will definitely make the one from ALL THE BEST! Thanks!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one from All The Best! I grate some extra Parm. over the top before baking it. I could eat the whole thing myself......except my DH and DS love it as much as I do!:love: :love: :love:

i make the first one and I use the salad spinner with the berry bowl to spin the spinach and it is always a big hit. I always sell at least one! Just a thought.

I love the one from All The Best. I sometimes add one can of chopped green chilis (drained) for a little extra kick. We love spicy in our house.

My husband begs for the recipe in All the Best when he has friends coming over. Every last bite is gone in no time.

Thanks for the input! I made the one from ALL THE BEST and it was a huge hit! I doubled it and put it in the mini-baker. Between 7 people - it was gone!

kam said:
Thanks for the input! I made the one from ALL THE BEST and it was a huge hit! I doubled it and put it in the mini-baker. Between 7 people - it was gone!

Just 3 of our family eat it doubled! HAHA!! Guess we are pigs!! We do usually eat for two days on it though!

jrstephens said:
Just 3 of our family eat it doubled! HAHA!! Guess we are pigs!! We do usually eat for two days on it though!

Don't feel bad - since I didn't get to try it :( I was going to make a single batch just for myself this weekend! (DH hates artichokes - or atleast he thinks he does - and won't touch it!)

If you chop them up nice and fine, he'll never know there are artichokes in them. I use the marinated kind so it adds a kick to the flavor. My DH love creamy/cheesy spinach dip, I just don't tell him there are artichokes.

BTW - DH is VERY picky. I tend to chop up mushrooms and other green veggies when I make casseroles or dips. He eats it up and claims to hate mushrooms. lol - I just find it amusing. If he only knew. ;)

Leigh0725 said:
If you chop them up nice and fine, he'll never know there are artichokes in them. I use the marinated kind so it adds a kick to the flavor. My DH love creamy/cheesy spinach dip, I just don't tell him there are artichokes. BTW - DH is VERY picky. I tend to chop up mushrooms and other green veggies when I make casseroles or dips. He eats it up and claims to hate mushrooms. lol - I just find it amusing. If he only knew. ;)
LOL Leigh! I do the same thing! If they only knew what was actually in that Pasta Sauce!:eek: And about the Spinach/Artichoke Dip - I usually don't tell people at first that it has artichokes in it......and it has always been a huge hit! People tell me all the time that they don't like spinach, but they love that dip......I don't want to shock them too much by telling them the rest of the ingredients too!

1. What are the main ingredients needed for hot artichoke dip?

The main ingredients for hot artichoke dip typically include canned artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and cream cheese.

2. Can I use fresh artichokes instead of canned?

While the recipe usually calls for canned artichoke hearts, you can certainly use fresh artichokes if you prefer. Just be sure to cook and chop them before adding them to the dip.

3. Can I substitute sour cream for mayonnaise?

Yes, you can substitute sour cream for mayonnaise in hot artichoke dip. This will give the dip a slightly tangier flavor, so adjust the amount of garlic and other seasonings accordingly.

4. What is the best way to serve hot artichoke dip?

Hot artichoke dip is best served warm with tortilla chips, crackers, or sliced bread for dipping. You can also serve it in a bread bowl for a fun presentation.

5. Can I make hot artichoke dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make hot artichoke dip ahead of time and refrigerate it until ready to bake. Just be sure to give it enough time to come to room temperature before baking, or adjust the baking time as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dianevill
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies