• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Figuring Out How Much Cool Whip

You can use "Whipped Cream" from the store. It is made with corn syrup, sugar, egg whites and vanilla.
babywings76
Gold Member
I'm making the Fiery Chocolate Torte. It calls for 12 oz of Cool Whip. You take out 2 1/2 cups and use that for the filling. Then with the remaining CW, you add chocolate morsels and other things and melt it down to make the glaze/frosting. Well, I only find 16 oz or 8 oz containers at the stores here. I actually didn't realize the recipe called for 12 oz when I took out the 2 1/2 cups. So now I'm looking at the remaining CW and wondering how much of it I should use for the "remaining" part. Do you think it would be 1/2 of it? Think it would be bad to use too much CW, and I should just use most of what is left?

I'd probably start with 1/2 of what is left. You essentially have 4oz more than what is called for in the recipe. It's just a glaze. Use half and add a little more chocolate maybe?

Saw your response after I got back from the event. :( But thanks though! I went with 1/2 the amount. But actually, I think next time I'll use all the extra. I ended up with not quite enough to cover the sides of the torte.

Yeah....a lot of recipes call for the 12 oz, and I can't find it around here either. I generally go with the rule that there is no such thing as too much Cool Whip! LOL!!!

Does any one know of an alternative to cool whip? I would love to make the torte, but all the cool whip toppings I've come across has high fructose corn syrup. Unfortunately, I've made a pact to try and eliminate both high fructose corn syrup and trans fats from my life :(

You can use caramel topping with bakers chocolate, which goes well with many of the tortes. It is the topping used for the Turtle Torte.

I make my own whipped cream for just the same reason. Have you ever seen the commercial when they ask "Oil or Cream" Cool whip has oil and high fructose corn syrup! Yech!!

This is the classic recipe for whipped cream. However, if your dessert is particularly sweet, such as pecan pie or chocolate mousse, you should consider cutting the sugar in half or eliminating it completely.

1 cup of heavy cream
1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract
1 tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
Pinch salt
Chill the bowl, beaters and cream thoroughly before beginning. Using an electric mixer whip the cream, vanilla, and sugar in the chilled bowl until soft peaks form. Makes about 2 cups.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Reddi-Whip contains cream, nonfat milk, corn syrup, sugar, natural and artificial flavors, carrageenan (a thickening agent), mono- and diglycerides (emulsifiers, to preserve the texture of the product) and nitrous oxide as a propellant.

Homemade whipped cream contains cream, sugar and natural flavors (vanilla, almond extract) and no other additives; if you use a cream whipper, then you, too use nitrous oxide as a propellant.

The amount of heavy cream you use—one half or one pint—yields up to five times as much whipped cream.

Hope this helps!

I don't mind Cool Whip once in a while, since I don't make too many things that call for it. I only use it in Pampered Chef recipes, really.

Funny you mentioned about the container sizes and the recipes always needing 4 ounces under or over! That has bothered me the last few times I made something! I have usually gotten the 8 oz by mistake. I think I will switch the getting the 16 oz.

I hate cool whip!!! :yuck: I always make my own whipped cream too. So so so much better.
The whipped cream I make is a little different then the post above. I use the recipe from "The Cake Boss". Just heavy cream and granulated sugar. On occasion I will add a touch of vanilla.

I never use Cool Whip. I just think it tastes gross. My family loves it though. I substitute whipped cream. I just use Heavy cream and granulated sugar (amt dependent on how sweet I want it).

Thanks Curlyone - that is sooo helpful. I'm a happy :chef:

julmarsala said:
Thanks Curlyone - that is sooo helpful. I'm a happy :chef:

You're very welcome!;)

My son has corn allergies so I buy "True Whip" instead. I believe it is made with Tapioca Syrup instead of HFCS. I find it at the major grocery store by my house.

1. How do I know how much Cool Whip to use in a recipe?

The general rule of thumb is to use 1 cup of Cool Whip for every 8 servings of a dessert or dish. However, this can vary depending on personal preference and the specific recipe.

2. Can I substitute whipped cream for Cool Whip?

Yes, you can substitute an equal amount of whipped cream for Cool Whip in most recipes. Keep in mind that the texture and taste may be slightly different.

3. How long does Cool Whip last in the fridge?

Unopened Cool Whip can last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Once opened, it should be consumed within 5-7 days.

4. Can I freeze Cool Whip?

Yes, you can freeze Cool Whip for up to 3 months. However, the texture may change slightly once thawed.

5. Are there any dairy-free alternatives to Cool Whip?

Yes, there are dairy-free whipped topping options available, such as coconut or almond-based alternatives. Check the ingredient list to ensure it meets your dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies