• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Use a Different Candy than Rolo for Warm Nutty Brownies?

I haven't tried making them in anything else, but I'm sure it would work.No modifications necessary. They're really easy and taste great.
DeeDee616
Has anyone made the warm nutty brownies with a cady OTHER then the rolos? I have been having a hard time finding the rolos. What are candy could we use? Thanks

Some folks have posted that they've made them with mini peanut butter cups instead. You wouldn't be able to spread them on top without making a mess, but you can insert them into the brownie.Other people have used caramel filled kisses. It's a softer caramel, but will work.

People have used lots of other things, but I think Hershey kisses (either solid chocolate or the chocolate/caramel ones) were what I heard worked best.

I used Chocolate Reisens and it was ok, but I like the rolos better. The reisens are good when they first come out of the oven, but if you have any left over they are kind of hard.

Rolos can usually be found in a roll with all the candy bars in the checkout aisle. It's a brown wrapper with gold foil on the ends.

I forgot to mention that instead of putting the chocoltae in a ziploc and snipping the corner, I used the PC decorator bottle set ( I LOVE THIS PRODUCT) to put teh melted chocolate on the brownies. Worked great :)

I would like to try it with mini snickers bars.

You can buy big bags of individually wrapped rolo's in the candy section at Target. It is cheaper (per rolo) than the rolls of 8, and you get tons, but it is a pain unwrapping all of them individually, instead of just popping the whole roll open.

I LOVE rolo's, and I think they work in the brownies much better than the caramel kisses, but they are better than no candy :) !! The bite size snickers sounds REALLY good too! This is a great recipe.

yummmm.. snickers

I have used the kisses with caramel...just don't try to cut them up! They make quite a mess since the caramel is so much softer!

minersmix said:
I would like to try it with mini snickers bars.
For the brownie part, you can cut them in half or quarters to push in. Then for the topping I would just chop them in the food chopper. Sounds like a great idea. I love snickers!

I have used kisses (and yes, they are harder to cut) and Nestle caramel Treasures. The kisses are very good, but the rolos are definitely the easiest to use.

What other stones can the WNCBs be made in besides the large bar pan? Has anyone tried other sizes/shapes successfully? If so, were there any modifications needed?

Thanks in advance!

The bar pans would be the easiest, if for no other reason than the sides aren't tall enough to get in the way when serving them (especially the first couple of pieces). You could probably make them in the Rectangular Baker, but they'd be thicker.

Related to Can I Use a Different Candy than Rolo for Warm Nutty Brownies?

1. What ingredients are in the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy?

The Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy contain a rich and decadent chocolate brownie mix, mixed with layers of caramel and chopped nuts.

2. How do I make the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy?

To make the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy, simply follow the instructions on the packaging. You will need to mix the brownie mix with water and oil, then bake in the oven. Once the brownies are done, top them with caramel and nuts before serving warm.

3. Can I customize the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy?

Yes, you can definitely customize the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy to your liking. You can use different types of nuts or even add in some extra chocolate chips for a more indulgent treat.

4. How many servings does the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy make?

The Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy make 12 servings, perfect for sharing with family and friends or for a delicious dessert at a party.

5. Can I make the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the Warm Nutty Brownies and Candy ahead of time. Simply store them in an airtight container and reheat them in the oven or microwave before serving to get that warm and gooey texture.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • pcheftina
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
myinnerchef
Replies
Views
lindsaym