• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

New Brownies - Why the Oil on Stoneaware?

M
mistym
Hey Guys and Gals

Just wondering about something -

I made the warm nutty caramel brownies and they were amazing. I am just wondering what you are saying at shows about the oil on the stoneware when we trying to sell stoneware as a none stick surface?

Thanks

Misty

Because melted chocolate can stick just a little bit, even on a non-stick surface, so that's just extra insurance.There's a video on CC with a demo of the recipe and that's basically what they say.

Our stoneware "evolves" into a non-stick surface as it seasons... My host last night had a BLACK stone, you wouldn't even know what it was until you flipped it over...now that is a very seasoned stone, and you wouldn't need to oil that!

jenniferknapp said:
Our stoneware "evolves" into a non-stick surface as it seasons...

My host last night had a BLACK stone, you wouldn't even know what it was until you flipped it over...now that is a very seasoned stone, and you wouldn't need to oil that!

WOW! My AD has a black stone as well....it looks weird, but OH SO seasoned!:cool:

funny, I've had two past hosts (also past consultants) who have blackened stones, they are soo slick on the surface, I can't wait till mine are that seasoned!

heat123 said:
funny, I've had two past hosts (also past consultants) who have blackened stones, they are soo slick on the surface, I can't wait till mine are that seasoned!

I've had stoneware for a decade, but just about the time it would be that seasoned, ***someone*** in my family drops and breaks it or drops something on it...

<Sigh> Someday...

ohhhh man, bummer!

Doesn't that make you sick?

It's bad when you are more disappointed cuz you have to start the seasoning process all over again than the fact that you have to spend the $$ to buy a new stone!! :)

Although lately I've come across a bad batch of Stones that are breaking during baking for 3 customers now just in the past 6-8months! :(

quick question... has anyone tried these brownies with ALMOND HERSHEY KISSES??
I'm with a potential host now who doesn't like caramel and wanted to know if we could use the almond ones at her show.

TIA

I don't see why not! I'd think it'd be great!

At the workshop The Test Kitchen Cooks, they suggested substituting any of the Hershey Kisses varieties or even mini Reese's Cups. If you have someone who doesn't like nuts, The Furry Guy suggests using chopped pretzels.

Related to New Brownies - Why the Oil on Stoneaware?

1. Why do you recommend using stoneware for baking brownies?

Stoneware is a great option for baking brownies because it provides even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly baked and evenly cooked brownies. Additionally, stoneware is a durable and long-lasting material that can withstand high temperatures, making it ideal for baking.

2. What is the purpose of oiling the stoneware before baking brownies?

Oiling the stoneware before baking brownies helps create a natural non-stick surface. This prevents the brownies from sticking to the stoneware and makes for easy removal and cleaning.

3. Does the oil affect the taste of the brownies?

No, the small amount of oil used to coat the stoneware will not affect the taste of the brownies. It simply creates a non-stick surface and does not add any additional flavor.

4. Is it necessary to use stoneware for baking brownies or can I use a regular baking dish?

While you can definitely use a regular baking dish for brownies, stoneware offers unique benefits such as even heat distribution and a natural non-stick surface. Plus, stoneware is a durable and versatile material that can be used for a variety of dishes, not just brownies.

5. How do I properly care for and clean my stoneware after baking brownies?

To clean stoneware after baking brownies, simply let it cool completely before washing with warm water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as these can damage the stoneware. It is also important to make sure the stoneware is completely dry before storing or using it again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kam
Replies
Views
Denarella