• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Submit an Inactive Show for March/April to Stay Active?

casual? Like when we used to just chat on the phone about shows or go over a catelog and then maybe order something if it was a good match. Your catty show received tonight is not good enough to earn you a higher status with the Home Shopping Channel. You need to submit at least $300 in two consecutive months in order to maintain your current status.
kcjodih
Gold Member
I have a catty show that I received tonight. It's a Feb show. I don't need to/care if it's submitted tonight for Feb or not since it won't get me the HWC product or change my comm level so I was thinking of just sending it in tomorrow (when she drops me off the last cheque - which is small and she does this every time she has a show, this is her 6th with me so no worries) so that it is 'submitted for March'. It's only $248 but it means I only need $52for Mar AND April to stay active right? Since I'm having trouble 'feeling the love' and need a break to regroup and because of this don't have anything at all firm on my calendar I thought that if I sent it in tomorrow it would go towards my active status for the March/April months in case I am still in my funk. I already submitted for Feb and that covers me for Feb and March.

So would this work? I just read the Pol and Proc and it seems to me to state 'you must SUBMIT at least $300 in two consecutive months'........so it doesn't matter if it was 'held' the last day of the previous month?

Does anyone know for sure? I've never been in a funk like this in my 3+ years so I just wanted to cover all bases to not loose my 80K in sales over something silly and technical like this.

Anyone?

It sounds like your calculations are right. If you get $52 more in March, you'll be good through the end of April. What's going on? Why are you in a funk? Can you ask for support from your upline? Hang in there!

Thanks Cathy. I appreciate your input. Now I can put my mind at ease, take a step back and decide where to go from here.

I'm not sure why I'm in a funk. I was sooo excited when I earned level 3 of the sellathon. Then only had ind. orders for December so I basically had that month off. Phone calls weren't working since people were busy/stressed during the holidays (and so was I!). January came and the 4 shows I had on the books cancelled or are to be rescheduled in the 'future' - no firm dates. And that's all I had. The sad thing was I was fine with it.

After leadership my SAT arrived and I STILL haven't even opened the box!!!!
I only opened my changeover kit to look up something for my catty host closing her show on the phone tonight so I hadn't even looked at a new catelog yet, let alone the dvd's. Then the new cooking show dvd finally arrived two days ago and you guessed it - haven't opened it yet!

I was lucky that I had a catelog show and $300 in online orders fall in my lap in January and then another $300 catelog show appear out of nowhere the beginning of Feb - the catelog shows were in response to my monthly newsletters. Now it's the first of March tomorrow and I haven't done March's newsletter yet, which usually goes out the last week of the previous month.

I think it's a combination of the shows cancelling/rescheduling maybe, my crazy life lately with my PT job (20 - 25 hours wk) going to FT (35-38 hrs wk) due to lack of staff and then the hectic hockey playoff season with my DS as the rep hockey goalie (first year for us being on a rep team travelling everywhere 3 times a week!) and then my DD has soccer and pathfinders and of course there's just life in between. So with the cancelled shows, a busier than usual time for me right now and then on top of that my director has been REALLY pushing recruiting lately although I've discussed with her that I will do it on my schedule, no one elses. I get emails she's forwarded from her directors group, emails from HO, messages on my phone, emails from her director, recruiting challenges etc.

It's not that I haven't and don't want to continue recruiting (I've had 6 recruits over the last two years but never more than 3 at once, and only 2 being active at any one time. Now the first 4 have been inactive a year and are no longer consultants and of my last two, ones a real go-getter and the other just went inactive Feb 1st so I'm no longer a FD) but I don't like/want the pushiness I've observed lately. I want meetings, emails, phone calls to be more than just that. I've expressed myself kindly to no avail. So after never missing a meeting, I've missed the last three. Just don't feel like the hassle.

So there you have it - a combination of things and here I am! :(

Thanks again for your answer, now I can mellow and think....

Last edited:
Jodi,
Run your business like you want to. If you don't like the "recruit pushing" then you don't have to worry about it. One thing that I've noticed is that the winter is dragging on here and making me a little down. I bet it's even worse further up north! You'll do fine and things will work themselves out. Last May I was so stressed because I only had 1 show but then my job got so crazy and hectic I was working over 12 hours a day and didn't really have time to do much else, sort of worked out in it's own way. That and my sister started pushing me to take a daily vitamin and that has started to help me get out of my own "funk" that I've been in lately.

I was thinking of the weather being part of your "funk". Try rescheduling your cancelled shows after you watch the new product video or look at the new catty, or at least open your box/es. It may help you start thinking of spring, if nothing else. Make those lemon cakes for yourself and your family. They are so good, and they bring sunshine to any cloudy, cold day. All you need is one success of someone rescheduling, but you'll want to be excited to book a spring show with the new products. I love spring recipes because I like so many of the citrus flavors and all the products we use on citrus. Hope you start feeling better. We all have the "funk" at some point. Winter is when it hits me.

((HUGS)) Jodi - we all go through funks now and then. Try watching the Cooking Shows in Action DVD to get you motivated again. There are great tips for your business in there, esp. the one from Jillian Eisenberg - she said to never let something negative ruin your entire business. Just because you have a "bad month" or a "bad show", don't let your business go down the drain. Just keep plugging away and put it behind you. It's a good thing for everyone to remember and tell ourselves throughout our business careers. Good luck to you!!

1. What does it mean if an order shows as "Inactive - Submitted"?

When an order is marked as "Inactive - Submitted", it means that the customer has placed the order, but it has not yet been processed or shipped by our team. This status may also appear if the customer has not yet completed the payment process.

2. Why does an order show as "Inactive - Held"?

An order may be marked as "Inactive - Held" if there is an issue with the payment method used by the customer. This could include insufficient funds, an expired credit card, or a declined transaction. Our team will reach out to the customer to resolve the issue and once it is resolved, the order will continue processing.

3. How long will an order remain in the "Inactive - Submitted" or "Inactive - Held" status?

The length of time an order remains in these statuses may vary depending on the specific circumstances of the order. Our team works diligently to resolve any issues and process orders as quickly as possible. If you have concerns about a specific order, please reach out to our customer service team for more information.

4. Can I cancel an order that is in the "Inactive - Submitted" or "Inactive - Held" status?

Yes, you can cancel an order that is in either of these statuses. However, we recommend reaching out to our customer service team before doing so to ensure that the order cannot be processed or resolved first.

5. Will I receive a notification when an order moves from "Inactive - Submitted" or "Inactive - Held" to a different status?

Yes, you will receive a notification via email when an order moves from either of these statuses to a different status, such as "Processing" or "Shipped". You can also check the status of your orders by logging into your Pampered Chef account and viewing your order history.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LilChefBeth
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ashleypc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • babywings76