• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Really Cook a Whole Head of Cauliflower in a Micro Cooker?

In summary, cauliflower can be cooked in the large microcooker. Different micro cookers have different settings, so it is important to test first. The recipe in the South Beach Diet Cookbook uses mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes and it is yummy.
c00p
Gold Member
I heard from someone, somewhere (once upon a time.....) that you can cook a whole head of cauliflower in the large microcooker. Does anyone else know about this? If so, what are the "details"?? TIA

I have cut a whole head up but thats about it. Just like broccoli- I cut it up add a bit of water to 'steam' it and put in the microwave. You can add a little milk and velvetta to have it cheesy. :) My family loves it.

See that's what I was thinking too - but I specifically remember hearing no cutting involved, and it kept the mess away because you weren't cutting? Sounds too good to be true!

Remove the tough outer leaves, cut a deep "X" on the bottom of the stem.I add water (less than a cup) and microwave. Every micro is different but I start by using the "bake potato" setting for 2 potatoes, test, maybe zap it again, and let it sit to finish.

I know this sounds weird, but it is cool... I use cooked coliflower chopped up in place of potatoes in my potato salad recipe. It is much better for my blood sugar and great source of fiber! My kids eat it too! Just a tip that is pretty off subject, but fun!

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
I know this sounds weird, but it is cool... I use cooked coliflower chopped up in place of potatoes in my potato salad recipe. It is much better for my blood sugar and great source of fiber! My kids eat it too! Just a tip that is pretty off subject, but fun!
Hi Steph!!! There is a recipe in the South Beach Diet Cookbook that uses mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes and it's yummy!:love:

CookingwithMary said:
Remove the tough outer leaves, cut a deep "X" on the bottom of the stem.

I add water (less than a cup) and microwave.

Every micro is different but I start by using the "bake potato" setting for 2 potatoes, test, maybe zap it again, and let it sit to finish.
Thanks Mary! I might just have to try it like this. I've always done it by cutting up the cauliflower. I think that this way will be good too because I think that it will stay crunchier, which I like! Can't stand really mushy cauliflower or broccoli!:yuck:

Last edited:
I do it all the time - very good.

Fabulous!!! Thanks so much everyone!! ;D

1. What is a Micro Cooker and how does it work?

The Micro Cooker is a small, microwave-safe container designed for steaming and cooking vegetables, including cauliflower. Simply add your desired amount of cauliflower and a small amount of water to the cooker, cover with the lid, and microwave for a few minutes until the cauliflower is tender.

2. Can I use the Micro Cooker for other types of food?

Yes, the Micro Cooker can be used for a variety of foods such as rice, pasta, and even eggs. It's also great for reheating leftovers or cooking small portions of meat or fish.

3. How long does it take to cook cauliflower in the Micro Cooker?

The cooking time will vary depending on the amount of cauliflower and your microwave's power, but on average, it takes about 4-5 minutes to cook a cup of cauliflower in the Micro Cooker.

4. Is the Micro Cooker dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Micro Cooker is dishwasher safe, making clean up a breeze. However, we recommend washing it by hand with warm soapy water to prolong its lifespan.

5. Can I use the Micro Cooker in the oven?

No, the Micro Cooker is not oven-safe. It is specifically designed for use in the microwave only. Using it in the oven can cause the plastic to melt and damage your appliance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcmissyfee
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Paula R. Lewis
  • peachey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies