• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Become a Creative Memories Consultant for the Discount?

In summary, Creative Memories sounds like a more expensive option than Pampered Chef, and it is difficult to get sales and attend classes.
ChefJesssica
Does anyone sell this also? I have become a bit obsessive with their products that I am considerinig being a consultant just for the discount. I am going to put my family in the poor house if I keep this up. Yesterday, my sister in law came over to get her catalogs for a show and I was so excited about some other scrapbook I had made I ended up "inspiring her" (her own words) to go and order some scrapbooks! LOL, now if I could only do that with Pampered Chef...........

"Creative Memories" sounds like a politician on the witness stand. :D

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
"Creative Memories" sounds like a politician on the witness stand. :D

You crack me up

One of my best friend sells it and doesn't make much money. She is a consultant mostly for the discount. I thought about it, but I already had most of the things in the kit, and you have to submit $500 (one chunk I think!) every quarter, which seemed steep to me for scrapbook supplies...

I was a Creative Memories consultant for almost 7 years -- I deactivated in December 2006.

Pampered Chef is much more profitable -- With CM you have inventory (not mandatory -- but there are things customers "need" you to have on hand. You pay shipping $18 on any order under $800. You buy the hostess gift and pay for a portion of the hostess free items. The business enhancers are more expensive and it is rare that any of these items are sent "free" to consultants.

Ask about the minimum order requirements and how often you must order -- evaluate if the cost of the minimum order with a discount and shipping is more than you are currently spending.

I do love the products and really enjoy scrapbooking -- from a business perspective it was very difficult to schedule classes, attendance and sales are typically low -- 6 people would be "good" attendance and outside orders are rare.

When I was in you had to "order" (notice it doesn't say sell), $500 cummulative in a rotating quarter. As far as I know that hasn't changed.

I am spending more than 500 dollars every three months though

ChefJesssica said:
I am spending more than 500 dollars every three months though

But I wont be doing that very often. It sure pissed off my husband! :D

Not to mention, supporting your TPC habit at the same time.

I spent a lot on the organizing supplies and tools like cutters, but I can't imagine buying $500 in paper and stickers every 3 months...

gilliandanielle said:
I spent a lot on the organizing supplies and tools like cutters, but I can't imagine buying $500 in paper and stickers every 3 months...

You are right. The reason I am spending so much is because I am just starting scrapbooking. I guess I just need to calm down a bit. I am obsessed a little bit.

I prefer Stampin' Up! Their minimum is only $300 per quarter. Of course I am also a demonstrator but I've been to both types of shows. I also went to a D.O.T.S. party before becoming a SU demonstrator. The D.O.T.S. lady actually liked some of SU's policies better!! We are not required to have inventory. In fact it goes against company policy to have inventory.

Just a note - if you decide to become a director, you cannot be a consultant for any other direct sales company.

I have recently become slightly interested in stamping, and have ordered some stamps from Stampin' Up. I can see myself getting sucked in, though, so I have to be careful! I LOVE to make things! Any other stampers have fun ideas for the Business Booster set that SU sells?

I've been a Close To My Heart (CTMH) consultant since 2002. CTMH appeals more to my style and offers a huge variety in product. Like Stampin Up! there is no inventory and the quarterly minimum is only $300.

Ü Summer

I tried out some stamps and even bought a few, I just didn't care for stamping. I am just too messy and I hate how it makes my scrapbook pages look. I am considering Creative Memories because I like the quality of their scrapbooks. I am really weird, but I have to stick with the same brand on things. I know, its weird, but I refuse to use anything that isn't Creative Memories. I had tried some random scrapbook from the store and thats when I tried Stampin Up. I really love Creative Memories though. I am a freak about it!

SummerG said:
I've been a Close To My Heart (CTMH) consultant since 2002. CTMH appeals more to my style and offers a huge variety in product. Like Stampin Up! there is no inventory and the quarterly minimum is only $300.

Ü Summer

I spoke wih a Creative Memories lady (she was a unit leader, dont know what that means) and she said she doesn't keep inventory either. I guess you have to have 500 every 3 months, but it doesn't have to be per order, just consecutively.

I really like Creative Memory stuff but my problem is that they dont carry paper in 8x10 I just use a binder and make the pages and put them in page protectors.
But I have to say I Love the software that you can buy.

Question 1: What is a Creative Memories Consultant?

A Creative Memories Consultant is an independent business owner who represents the Creative Memories brand and sells its products through direct sales and marketing efforts.

Question 2: How can I become a Creative Memories Consultant?

To become a Creative Memories Consultant, you must first sign up on the company's website and purchase a starter kit. You will then have access to training and resources to help you get started with your business.

Question 3: Do I need to have experience in sales or direct marketing to be a Creative Memories Consultant?

No, you do not need to have prior experience in sales or direct marketing to be a Creative Memories Consultant. The company provides training and support to help you succeed in your business.

Question 4: What products can I sell as a Creative Memories Consultant?

As a Creative Memories Consultant, you can sell a variety of products including photo albums, scrapbooking supplies, photo organizers, and home decor items. These products are designed to help customers preserve and showcase their memories in creative and meaningful ways.

Question 5: What are the benefits of being a Creative Memories Consultant?

As a Creative Memories Consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income through commissions on sales, as well as incentives and bonuses. You also have the flexibility to work from home and set your own schedule, allowing you to balance work and personal life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leftymac
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • shed