• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question for Those Who Scrap....

It's not just copper that's expensive - all wiring and plumbing is expensive.It's not just copper that's expensive - all wiring and plumbing is expensive.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Background:

DH is going to be 50 in Oct. and I am beginning to plan his party. One thing I was thinking would be a great gift for him (he's a pretty sentimental guy) is a scrapbook from family and friends with pictures and memories and funny stories of him.

I'm thinking I'd like to do the smaller sized CM scrapbook - because the larger pages could be intimidating for some people.

Do any of you know how many sheets (2 sides, so not just 1 page) will fit in one scrapbook? I'm just trying to decide if I should order enough for one sheet per family, or if individuals can have their own sheets.

I believe it is two packs of pages that will fit. ---Not sure how many are in a pack though! :(

ChefBeckyD said:
Question for those who scrap...
At the price of copper these days, scrapping can be a pretty profitable endeavor.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
At the price of copper these days, scrapping can be a pretty profitable endeavor.

Note to self: Don't leave copper-bottomed cookware where it can be seen...

ChefBeckyD said:
Background:

DH is going to be 50 in Oct. and I am beginning to plan his party. One thing I was thinking would be a great gift for him (he's a pretty sentimental guy) is a scrapbook from family and friends with pictures and memories and funny stories of him.

I'm thinking I'd like to do the smaller sized CM scrapbook - because the larger pages could be intimidating for some people.

Do any of you know how many sheets (2 sides, so not just 1 page) will fit in one scrapbook? I'm just trying to decide if I should order enough for one sheet per family, or if individuals can have their own sheets.

Don't know, but I have a CM consultant if you need one.

ChefBeckyD said:
Note to self: Don't leave copper-bottomed cookware where it can be seen...
You're right - thieves are breaking into job sites to steal the wire and plumbing, so they can sell it to scrappers.

That's also why wire and pipe is so *&&#^#%@! expensive.

katie0128 said:
Don't know, but I have a CM consultant if you need one.

I have a great host who is a CM consultant....I was just seeing if I could find out here before I call her.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You're right - thieves are breaking into job sites to steal the wire and plumbing, so they can sell it to scrappers.

In my town they had an abandonded aprtment building that burned down. Some morons tried to steal pipes from the building. Apparently they hit something with the blow torch and it caught on fire. Yup they got them, when they were down the street later that day at another house trying to steal those pipes. Someone saw them there too. Here's your sign!

Becky, you can fit a LOT of sheets into a scrapbook. CM uses the strap-style binding, so you're limited only to the number of pages that will fit on the strap while leaving enough to reconnect the covers.I've got 33 sheets in one of my scrapbooks.(When we document the kitchen work this year, we're going to order a book through iPhoto or Snapfish or one of those places. You can do your own layouts and captions, and they print a bound hard-cover book. They're really cool!)

CM has books that you can put together on the computer (software can be free) and order a hardback. I can get a 30% discount from a friend - email me at [email protected] for more info.ps. I don't get any kick-backs or free product or anything...she just does it for the discount and lets me and my friends do it.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:

My cousin was doing a major remodel on their house. They were showing the house to my step-dad who does construction. He said, "When are the plumbers going to finish the piping?" My uncle said that they already had. He then discovered that the house had been broken into, the pipes cut & all of the wiring stripped. They basically had to start over on that type of work & it set them back quite a bit of time. No one was staying there b/c they basically were starting from scratch on the house & didn't have heat, water, etc. They live in the country just two houses from my grandpa. No one saw or heard anything. :(

cmdtrgd said:
CM has books that you can put together on the computer (software can be free) and order a hardback. I can get a 30% discount from a friend - email me at [email protected] for more info.

ps. I don't get any kick-backs or free product or anything...she just does it for the discount and lets me and my friends do it.

These are really cool! Especially for those that don't like to/don't have the time to scrapbook.

the CM 7x7 books (soon to be 8x8) come with 10 pages (dbl sided) you should be able to fit a total of 25 pages (50 counting each side) comfortably.

and yes many.. many CM cons. have tried to recruit me cause I love their product!

Thanks for the info!

And I think it is highly amusing that there are 2 completely separate conversations going on here! Just like my brain.:balloon: :D :balloon:

or any given thread on here....

etteluap70PC said:
or any given thread on here....
Actually, there are two separate conversations that both happen to be on topic, according to the subject line!

You only have two conversations going on in your head? I can't seem to keep the voices from talking.

Seven of the ten voices in my head don't like you.

Wow....only 30% likes me - that's a lot!

I'm a former CM consultant, actually had my first show during a workshop at my house! :) Ann is right as usual you can get more than two packs of pages (15 ea.) if it's picks only. If you include 3D memorabilia mabye less. I miss my scrapbooking don't do as much of it anymore. That is going to be a wonderful gift. Everyone I ever gave a scapbook to as a gift said it was the best gift ever. Got lots of people hooked on it then I abandoned them for PC. :)

Related to Question for Those Who Scrap....

1. What are some must-have tools for scrapbooking?

Some must-have tools for scrapbooking include scissors, adhesive, cardstock, patterned paper, and journaling pens.

2. How do you organize and store your scrapbooking supplies?

There are many ways to organize and store scrapbooking supplies, such as using storage containers, shelves, or a designated scrapbooking cart. It's important to find a system that works for you and allows for easy access to your supplies.

3. How do you come up with layout ideas for your scrapbook pages?

Some people find inspiration from magazines, Pinterest, or sketch templates. Others prefer to create their own unique designs. It's also helpful to gather photos and mementos beforehand to help guide the layout.

4. What is the best way to adhere photos and paper to a scrapbook page?

The best way to adhere photos and paper to a scrapbook page is by using a high-quality adhesive that is specifically designed for scrapbooking. Double-sided tape, adhesive dots, and glue sticks are popular options.

5. How do you preserve and protect your completed scrapbook pages?

To preserve and protect completed scrapbook pages, it is recommended to use page protectors made from acid-free and archival-safe materials. This will help prevent yellowing or damage to your layouts over time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
  • Jean DeVries
  • General Chat
Replies